unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

DC Supergirl Show

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Phoenixx9

Re: DC Supergirl Show

Post by Phoenixx9 » 13 Apr 2016, 00:34

Lol. Yeah, my microscopic vision is on the fritz!

But those inconsistencies are what hurt the show.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 15 Apr 2016, 16:30

Was it just me, or did Max Lord know a LOT both about Myriad, and when it would be implemented? He knew how it worked (his satellites), how to protect himself from it (with the ear thing), and when to expect it (he apparently slept with the ear thing on the night before, and sent the earrings to cat "yesterday").

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Apr 2016, 13:11

Aww. The power of the human spirit saves the day! Hope and love and "you can all be heroes." Oy.

And this emotional goodbye tour is ludicrous. Even the characters know that.

What a maudlin, tortured and dull episode.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 19 Apr 2016, 20:41

I assume with
Spoiler: show
the significant role Cadmus played toward the end of the season, it's Kon in the pod?

chargedcard

Post by chargedcard » 20 Apr 2016, 17:44

sambadaemon wrote:I assume with
the significant role Cadmus played toward the end of the season, it's Kon in the pod?
nah, it's gotta be Krypto

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 20 Apr 2016, 19:12

chargedcard wrote:
sambadaemon wrote:I assume with
nah, it's gotta be Krypto
If they did a spinoff where Winn adopted him, I'd set my DVR right now.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Apr 2016, 22:48

If you took a shot each time a character said “hope,” your liver would sacrifice you to save itself. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -superior/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 May 2016, 00:04

The best part of Supergirl moving to the Cw is now they can't air Crazy Ex-Girlfriend at the same time!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 May 2016, 00:16

I'm excited for it coming to the CW website. I haven't watched Supergirl since episode 3 because I missed a week or two and couldn't go back to watch them.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 May 2016, 00:25

They had them on the CBS site.

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 13 May 2016, 02:18

I'm actually sad about the transition because this will more than likely mean that Vixen will not be getting her own series on the CW now. I liked her in Arrow and was interested in seeing more. Hopefully she will at least be added to Legends of Tomorrow since that was the plan B for her character.

On the other hand, they either change the writers and address the flaws of Supergirl, or it might go down the same route as it did on CBS. The show ended with less than half of its original viewership. It clearly had no problem getting attention, the problem was keeping people invested.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 May 2016, 02:21

Does CW even have space? Lol they didnt cancel anything and pretty much have a full schedule.

Plus Riverdale got a season order. At this point they'll have 6 comic based shoes...really the network only has 2 non-genre shows lol, Jane and ExGF, and those shows rock too
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 13 May 2016, 02:37

BC, I don't get how we disagree with so much in comics but are so similar in shows. Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are like a one two combo from the time of WB; smart shows with strong writing and complex women.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 May 2016, 02:49

XtremeOne1 wrote:BC, I don't get how we disagree with so much in comics but are so similar in shows. Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are like a one two combo from the time of WB; smart shows with strong writing and complex women.

I'd say they're even better...I mean they still got time to go south (looking at you Veronica Mars!!!) but so far they're shows that excel at not just writing great women but great non-man-pains men, which really seem like a hard thing for TV writers NOT on Bob's Burgers lol...

Oh and don't forget iZombie too...hell, the women on the Vampire Diaries get overall better treatment than most women on HBO lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 May 2016, 06:38

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:They had them on the CBS site.
I could've sworn it was only the most recent episode.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 13 May 2016, 17:38

Blackcyclops wrote:
XtremeOne1 wrote:BC, I don't get how we disagree with so much in comics but are so similar in shows. Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are like a one two combo from the time of WB; smart shows with strong writing and complex women.

I'd say they're even better...I mean they still got time to go south (looking at you Veronica Mars!!!) but so far they're shows that excel at not just writing great women but great non-man-pains men, which really seem like a hard thing for TV writers NOT on Bob's Burgers lol...

Oh and don't forget iZombie too...hell, the women on the Vampire Diaries get overall better treatment than most women on HBO lol
I love iZombie, and Bob's Burgers haha. iZombie season three does worry mean since season three is when Veronica feel apart..
.But as long as the show doesn't become about Liv and Blaine as some awful LoVe 2.0, I think we'll be safe
. Plus
Clive knows! That's going to change that dynamic in such an interesting way and give Clive more to do.
I guess I'll watch Supergirl when it goes onto Netflix...Nothing really amazed me too much from the show when I caught it during the Flash crossover(which I guess Barry will conveniently remember happened now). I found every non-Supergirl/non-Cat character boring

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 May 2016, 18:39

CW actually has a better track record with female led shows (Gossip Girl nonwithstanding) than just about any major network...which is funny considering the critiques of their shows. I actually wonder if their female-heavy lineups and centric stories are a factor why people don't give it's good shows their do (I think the same think about Lifetime, not enough people were talking about Unreal and I think Freeform/ABC Family is grossly underrated for the same reason)?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 May 2016, 02:04

CW has a very strong female viewership so it doesn't surprise me that they tend to have success with female led shows. I'd imagine all of them are predominately female heavy on viewership except for maybe Flash.

I'd argue the issue with CW is a mixture of the female heavy lineup, and the shows that, I assume because I only watch the DC shows and Supernatural, seem to be more catered, for lack of a better word, to female viewers. Beefcake everywhere, Arrow's marketing for the longest was Amell shirtless for instance and good lord didn't they get their money's worth with that salmon ladder. There's also, at least from my perspective, a lack of cheesecake in comparison. The shows focus heavily on the emotional impact of things. Sam/Dean/Castiel relationship for instance.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 May 2016, 17:27

Well I think the more male-centered networks focus on emotions too, just a different set of emotions.

Compare Supernatural to Sons of Anarchy...I know kinda silly...but look at how they discuss or depict friendship, familal love and loss.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 May 2016, 18:33

I've never seen SoA, but you're right.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 May 2016, 19:56

Lol...essentially I think Supernatural or The Flash or The Origconvey man-pain in a way that the writers believe will appeal more to young women. Which usually means more explicit discussions of feelings (sadness, jealous, love, regret) in a way that a show like Breaking Bad would do so way more subtly because "men don't talk about their feelings"

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 May 2016, 22:41

That was what I was trying to say. You explained it better and in less words.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Aug 2016, 20:19

Mon-el, Superman, Miss Martian and a musical episode? All I'm here for season 2

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 11 Aug 2016, 20:30

Sounds great. I also heard there was confirmation that Flashpoint will merge Supergirl's world into the ArrowVerse. Some have said having the Superman characters in that world would be problematic but I disagree. However it will be interesting to see how they explain Superman's established presence in a world that, prior to Flash, seemed not to have had any superheroes.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Aug 2016, 20:59

We'll have to wait prolly for the four part crossover.

My X-Men Draft Picks: