Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Legends of Tomorrow

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Apr 2016, 05:27

Yet again, all these people were chosen for their "minimal effect on the timeline" and yet Ray's tech is the most important invention of Rip's future.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback | Taskmaster | Domino | Nuke | Trickshot | Jolt | Troll
Avengers International Draft: France | Monica Rambeau | Tamara Devoux | Jacques Duquesne | Batroc |

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Apr 2016, 11:03

Ray was selected after he made the Atom suit, so his disappearance doesn't affect his brother, Sidney, creating a tech dynasty based on it.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Apr 2016, 18:23

I get that, but Rip sold the crew, especially Ray on the premise of "none of you have ever done shit, and won't make a significant impact on history. This is your one chance to be a Legend." When in fact Ray had already made a huge technological achievement, and if he'd stuck around in the timestream, he'd have kept the company from his brother and that tech would not have been corrupted. I just feel like they don't follow their own time rules.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback | Taskmaster | Domino | Nuke | Trickshot | Jolt | Troll
Avengers International Draft: France | Monica Rambeau | Tamara Devoux | Jacques Duquesne | Batroc |

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Apr 2016, 18:31

Well that's assuming that Ray staying would not still lead to the same future.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Apr 2016, 19:17

Also remember that Rip lied to them all to get them to come on his mission.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 08 Apr 2016, 19:29

He did, but the lie was that they were destined to be legends, the truth was supposed to be that they were inconsequential.

I think it all comes back to what we said last page. Rip is not good at his job.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Apr 2016, 06:39

There are only 4 episodes left of Leg-Ends of Tomorrow & they're finally fighting Vandal Savage in the future. But they haven't teamed up with the JSA to fight him during WWII yet. How do you do a time travel show without an obligatory WWII episode?
Do you think the next batch of episodes will be one big finale arc in the future? Or will they fail again & try a few more eras?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Apr 2016, 01:38

Why does CW love inventing daughters for their super villains when perfectly good ones already exist? I don't see any reason why blondie couldn't have been Scandal.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Apr 2016, 09:36

Kassandra Savage exits in the New 52.
Leviathan looked like a great Chemo update.
Hawkgirl finally beat Savage with an Nth Metal mace!
Giant Atom vs. Leviathan!
Last edited by EvilMonkeyPope on 29 Apr 2016, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 29 Apr 2016, 13:08

Anna Raven wrote:Why does CW love inventing daughters for their super villains when perfectly good ones already exist? I don't see any reason why blondie couldn't have been Scandal.
My guess is that they wanted a Snart romance. Scandal could hook up with Canary but she's already gotten some action this season.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 May 2016, 10:56

So Thanagar was name dropped...

Don't the Time Masters look like the broke-cousins of the Time Lords?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 May 2016, 12:02

Pretty much. Time Lord sounds better anyways.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 May 2016, 20:00

The finale itself was crazy yet entertaining. It was a good plot to take advantage of the show’s fantastical elements, but I wish it had been peppered through earlier instead of everyone drawing the right conclusions out a hat in the finale. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... v-finales/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 09 Jun 2016, 00:06

Vixen is joining the crew ... except it's different iteration since Megalyn Echikunwoke is too busy. http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90519/ ... h-a-twist/

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jul 2016, 01:22

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 Jul 2016, 00:28

The panel revealed that its Justice Society of America would consist of Hourman, Stargirl, Dr. Mid-Nite, & Obsidian. More importantly, the big bad is the LEGION OF DOOM! This version will consist of Reverse Flash, Malcolm Merlyn (somehow inversely likable to John Barrowman), Damien Darkh, & Captain Cold. Without Gorilla Grodd & a dozen more supervillains, they’re more like the Death Don’t Matter Club. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -to-print/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Jul 2016, 04:45

Hnng! THat's like the hammy group of hamminess and I freaking love it!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 30 Sep 2016, 10:08

SUPERHERO FIGHT CLUB 2.0! https://youtu.be/xxX_fTfqN28

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Oct 2016, 21:50

Now that they’re going up against Reverse-Flash, will Rip ever explain the logistics of why Eobard has a Get Out Paradoxes Free pass to flip as many historic tables as he wants? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... supergirl/

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 14 Nov 2016, 16:28

Why doesn't Ray just build a new Atom suit? Between Jax and Gideon, it would seem like he's in a much better situation for it than his original lab.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Nov 2016, 22:22

Before Ray Gun rebuilds his armor, I’d like to see Atom be stuck at tiny size so Heatwave has to carry him in his pocket & throw him at evildoers. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -dc-shows/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Dec 2016, 07:42

Upon time traveling to 1951 to get intel from a captive Dominator, the Legends decide that the US government torturing one is wrong. It’s only right when Professor Stein & his time-aberration daughter make a nano-torture machines to compel them to dis-invade Earth. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -occasion/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 09 Feb 2017, 22:06

Right after its imbecilic fanwank over George Lucas, Legends of Tomorrow rebounded with an episode that addressed many of my misgivings. Apparently Rip didn’t rewrite his persona with the Holy Lance as last episode implied. I didn’t understand why Reverse-Flash needs Merlyn & Darkh as henchmen, but they used character development to explain it & spackle some plot holes. Stein finally remembered who Reverse-Flash is after we learn the Time Masters have no data on time remnants. (More evidence of the Time Masters sucking.) Eobard Thawne needs the Holy Lance to cease being a time remnant so Black Flash (why did the time wraiths turn Zoom into a super-time wraith?) will leave him alone. It not being to sense Hsalf while he’s not using the Speed Force is even consistent with him being free of time wraiths while Flash locked him up during Flashpoint. Instead of betraying each other, the understaffed Legion of Doom fought the Black Flash as a team-building exercise. Merlyn & Darkh sniping at each other was delightful. I still don’t understand time remnants & time wraiths, but it’s a start. So how much longer do we have to wait until Heatwave resurrects Captain Cold with the Holy Lance? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... o-much-tv/

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 27 Mar 2017, 20:44

Not really a plot question, but is that how you pronounce "Tolkien"? I've always pronounced it Tolk-in, not Tolk-een.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 27 Mar 2017, 21:01

No I'm with you Sam, it took me aback when they kept calling him TolKEEN. I think I pronounce as a little more of as dipthong though - like Tolk-yen, but very minor emphasis on the y. Like how you might pronounce the french word "bien". "Byen"