unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Legends of Tomorrow

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Phoenixx9

Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Phoenixx9 » 23 Jan 2016, 02:30

Yeah, he definitely deserves to be watched closely in the future...

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 23 Jan 2016, 16:32

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:Like Rip couldn't be bothered making cards for everyone since this is the first time most of them have met.
Also, Dr. Stein keeps a decanter of drugged alcohol in his office.
Well, for that matter, why bother with cards at all? Why not simply tell them where to meet him should they decide to take up his offer?

Refresh my memory, isn't Gideon also the name of Wells' future computer hidden at STAR Labs?
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Jan 2016, 17:48

Cyke wrote:
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:Like Rip couldn't be bothered making cards for everyone since this is the first time most of them have met.
Also, Dr. Stein keeps a decanter of drugged alcohol in his office.
Well, for that matter, why bother with cards at all? Why not simply tell them where to meet him should they decide to take up his offer?

Refresh my memory, isn't Gideon also the name of Wells' future computer hidden at STAR Labs?
It saved several seconds of time by ignoring boring exposition?

And yes, I'm pretty sure you are right about Gideon.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 25 Jan 2016, 19:35

I think Gideon is just the name of the program, and they used different versions of it, since Rip's isn't voiced by Morena Baccarin.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Jan 2016, 21:13

Second episode was much better.
Hawkman sucks at staying alive.

Tyler5618

Post by Tyler5618 » 02 Feb 2016, 14:57

I was OK with seeing him go because he's kind of a lame character and actor. Though, to be fair, the only good actors on this show are Garber and Miller.
"Just because something is not real doesn't mean it's not important."
~ Si Spurrier

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 02 Feb 2016, 15:09

In a time travelling show, it will be easy enough to find a reincarnated version of Carter in the past or future. They already established that they look the same in each life. I agree about the acting, as much as I like most of the characters, the actors make me cringe at times.
Social Justice League:
Green Arrow - Oliver, Blue Beetle - Jaime, Green Lantern - Simon, Ice, Question - Renee, Mary Marvel, Black Lightning

Villains:
President Lex Luthor, Maxwell Lord

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Feb 2016, 01:24

Snart is as delightful as Rip is terrible at team management.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 19 Feb 2016, 21:16

The latest episode managed to make Stephanie Corneliussen even hotter. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... coattails/

Tyler5618

Post by Tyler5618 » 29 Feb 2016, 15:32

This last episode with Oliver and Conner Hawke was actually excellent. This one, and the last, were the only ones so far that had me thinking this show might actually turn it around.
"Just because something is not real doesn't mean it's not important."
~ Si Spurrier

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Feb 2016, 15:35

Tyler5618 wrote:This last episode with Oliver and Conner Hawke was actually excellent. This one, and the last, were the only ones so far that had me thinking this show might actually turn it around.
So 2/5, not a bad average yet lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Feb 2016, 18:17

Here's my problem with last episode, and in general a larger issue with the show.

So in last episode, we basically have an "It's a Wonderful Life" storyline. Without Ray and Sarah, Star City has gone to pot. Ollie, basically, makes it sound like if they hadn't gone off into the timestream, the City would not have fallen.

But Rip told us that these heroes were specifically selected because they had minimal impact on the timestream. So was that a lie? Is Rip just a terrible at his job, and can't figure out what "minimal impact" means? I'm not sure, but clearly these two had a HUGE impact on the Timestream.

So that's my problem in general as well. This show makes up very specific rules about time travel and then regularly breaks them. Compared to Flash, where they portray time travel in one of the most realistic ways I've ever seen on tv, Legends of Tomorrow seems like a total mess.

I also can get absolutely no feeling on the motivations and internal logic of the two villain characters. Cold and Rory are all over the place. Are they out for themselves? Are they gaining the trust of their teammates? Do they consider their teammates worth caring about? Rory was about to completely abandon the mission and settle down in Dystopian Star City. Last week, he had bonded with Palmer and risked his life saving him. I can get absolutely no bearing on them and why they make any decision that they do.

I'm going to keep watching, because I'm a glutton for Superhero shows, but its kind of driving me crazy.
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Feb 2016, 18:48

My only explanation I can think of is that for Rip he meant an impact in the larger sense in his timeline...and he isn't as good at his job as he thinks lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Feb 2016, 18:56

How did he ever get to be a Time Master? lol

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 29 Feb 2016, 20:36

See, I took it as Oliver using them as scapegoats. How much of a difference would they have realistically made? And even if they did, how would he have known for certain they would have been the linchpins? He can't see into alternate realities.

Rathan

Post by Rathan » 01 Mar 2016, 00:55

I agree with BC, Rip is only concern about his own timeline so the minimal impact from those in group is on his time.
Ollie is just looking for excuses & we can see how broken he is. One hand Ollie reminds me of BvS, lol.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 08 Mar 2016, 13:59

I just got around to watching last week's episode. The writers have already given up on a second season, haven't they?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Apr 2016, 11:47

So that's why Chronos isn't a snazzy dresser!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 01 Apr 2016, 12:37

Tried this show out yesterday, watching part of ep. 4 (the earliest episode available online for free).

Something about the Russians in 1986 and the ballet and a woman in a red dress. It was dull, and the acting was terrible. Darvill's character is a wanna-be Doctor Who, and Darvill is more suited to the role of Rory.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 01 Apr 2016, 15:05

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:So that's why Chronos isn't a snazzy dresser!
Explains it all..

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Apr 2016, 04:55

The thing I love love about Leg-Ends of Tomorrow is that they could easily get a replacement Hawkman from another time period but it's "Ha ha! NO."

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 Apr 2016, 05:46

No one commenting on the fact that Talia does exist in this reality?

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 04 Apr 2016, 05:57

Meh. It seems more Easter egg than relevant at this point
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 04 Apr 2016, 14:03

Yeah, I thought the Talia reference was cool, but given her age, it'd be easy to just say she's dead or off doing something else by the time of the current Arrowverse.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Apr 2016, 04:54

It needed more Jewel Staite, but Sidney Palmer was the best reveal.