Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Legends of Tomorrow

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Anna Raven » 27 Mar 2017, 21:04

Sounds like we are wrong though:
The Letters of JRR Tolkien: Letter #347
"I am nearly always written to as Tolkein (not by you): I do not know why, since it is pronounced by me always -keen."
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Apr 2017, 23:19

Legends of Tomorrow is the most improved DC TV show, but I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say it’s the best. It’s still too inconsistent. But when it’s fun, like the last few season two episodes, it’s very fun! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ary-spear/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Apr 2017, 00:12

The top spot this season would definitely go to Legends or Arrow with Flash falling behind and Supergirl being dead last because it decided to focus almost entirely on everything that made Arrow Season 1 and 4 terrible.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 10 Apr 2017, 19:50

I agree about Legends this season. It's just pure fun. The other shows have gotten too serious (Flash and Supergirl are supposed to be fun!). And trying to screw with us with things like Vigilante and Mon-el not being Lar, but his dad is.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 Oct 2017, 21:43

We last left Legends of Tomorrow on an epic cliffhanger. Instead of the team having to fix the timestream itself, however, Rip’s generic Time Bureau sorts it out for them. The one time there’s any real consequence to their shenanigans, it’s instantly solved for them. Fie on your reset button! It’s a shame since it had the best finale of the bunch last season. The Time Bureau has way less personality, but they’re too good at their job. The stakes have never been lower! Ordinarily I don’t mind LOT being lighthearted. They just took things a bit too far into farce this episode, which would’ve worked better if this was a self-contained Booster Gold series.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... last-week/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 17 Oct 2017, 09:21

It seems like we'll be seeing the effects of their shenanigans in the future so it doesn't seem like their consequences have been wiped away.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

bamf

Post by bamf » 15 Nov 2017, 14:49

Dang and just like that they introduce Themyscira into the Arrow-verse.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Nov 2017, 15:36

They are getting a little bolder with that stuff lately. Arrow name-dropped Bruce Wayne a few episodes back for example.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Nov 2017, 00:33

Helen was pretty but a white blonde Russian actress to play a Trojan? Troy is in Turkey you know.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 22 Nov 2017, 09:43

This episode felt like it had a lot of plot going on but not enough action. Most of Grodd’s accomplishments happened offscreen. Only Vixen used her powers & it was barely relevant to the conclusion.
If Stein really wanted help in separating Firestorm, he should be abducting nuclear physicists from the future.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 29 Nov 2017, 06:26

I cried some pretty big manly tears tonight.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Nov 2017, 15:54

This was a great Justice League movie...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

bamf

Post by bamf » 29 Nov 2017, 15:57

While I loved this, does anyone else feel like Cisco keeps getting the shaft?
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Nov 2017, 23:05

Not nearly as bad as Kid-Flash or Speedy.
What's the name of the evil Waverider?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 30 Nov 2017, 23:45

So this is where we're putting all our Crisis on Earth X talk?
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... n-earth-x/
I dread most comic book crossovers these days, but this is an example of everything that can go right. It juggles a ridiculous amount of characters well during its perfect runtime. The story has depth beyond an excuse for epic set pieces. It’s such a great crossover I’m already dreading how next year’s will underwhelm me.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 01 Dec 2017, 00:26

I really did like it even though it was yet another version of Crisis on 2 Earths or whatever you want to call it this time. It was interesting that Arrow killed his Ollie-ganger while Barry let Thawne go, yet again.

I was getting really sad that they weren’t using Ray at all but then when he blocked the scalpel I stood up and clapped.

Gray’s death really got me for some reason.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 11 Dec 2017, 22:36

So who is going to be making the inevitable repairs to the Waverider now?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Dec 2017, 00:14

I mean Ray is still more than capable right? Or Cold?

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 12 Dec 2017, 00:48

I never understood why Ray wasn't the one in charge of the waverider systems in the first place. He was introduced as a genius engineer and one of the most futuristic and brilliant minds in the Arrowverse. His brother was considered the father of robotics in the future by stealing Ray's tech.
No diss on Jackson, he's no dummy, but it's like having Tony Stark and instead asking Rogue for engineering expertise. Sure... Rogue worked as a mechanic once upon a time... but it's freaking Tony Stark.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 12 Dec 2017, 14:59

I just thought it was a combination of the Jax being an untapped prodigy (he did somehow squeeze undergrad and a master's degree in between missions) and simple initiative. He was the only one that showed actual interest in the ship's workings. Didn't Rip say at one point that Jax knew the ship's systems better than he did?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Mar 2018, 21:03

Along with Zari’s fun riff on Groundhog Day, “No Country For Old Dads” may be the best episode of Legends Of Tomorrow’s third season. Dad Damien Darhk is damn delightful!
Now that they have a Time Bureau memory eraser, there’s no reason that can’t insta-win missions by blatantly using their powers & gadgets. Do you think they’ll try something next season besides magic artifact fetch quest against a team of villains from other shows?
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... hievement/

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 15 Mar 2018, 14:02

If they had Constantine on speed-dial, why didn't they just ask him about the sixth totem in the first place?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Apr 2018, 21:22

LOT does so much stuff that appeals to me like embracing the kitchen sink craziness of Silver Age comics, yet I don’t love it as much as I theoretically should.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -beatdown/

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Apr 2018, 22:36

Vox thinks LoT is the best superhero show on TV:

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/4/18/1 ... rs-moments

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Apr 2018, 22:49

Nu-D wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 22:36
Vox thinks LoT is the best superhero show on TV: