unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

New Mutants film announced!

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Cable

Re: New Mutants film announced!

Post by Cable » 25 Nov 2016, 12:45

Yeah Demon Bear is a strange choice. Could be a good sign though if they are thinking outside of the box here.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 25 Nov 2016, 17:21

Cable wrote:Yeah Demon Bear is a strange choice. Could be a good sign though if they are thinking outside of the box here.
While it's not my favorite New Mutants story, as I alluded in a previous post, the Demon Bear saga is one of the better choices to adapt. It's a self contained story that mostly only featured the core 5 members (well, Magma was there too).

A lot of the New Mutants storylines either feature non-Fox properties (Asgard, Cloak and Dagger, Beyonder), characters that have been used elsewhere (Shaw, Emma, Legion) or focus on less prominent members (Nova Roma-Magma, Shadow King-Karma, Animator-Doug, Magnus-Warlock).

The Demon Bear provides backstory for the "lead" Dani, heavily focuses on Magik and her sorcery skills and showcases Rahne's connection to Dani. Add in a few good moments for Sam and Roberto and it can be a well balanced movie. It's also a perfect example of the horror themes in the book that distinguishes it from other youth titles at Marvel.

Illyana's backstory could be a B-plot leading into a potential sequel with Limbo (if the movie proves successful).

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 26 Nov 2016, 15:02

If Lockheed makes it into the film I would die a happy man.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Phoenixx9

Post by Phoenixx9 » 29 Nov 2016, 14:03

Is there a projected release date for this film?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 29 Nov 2016, 14:25

Supposedly they start filming in 2017 with the hope of Spring 2018 release. Fox has announced unspecified Marvel movie release dates for March 2, 2018 and June 29, 2018 so hopefully one of those two. My guess is it is the June date will be New Mutants and Deadpool 2 will be the March date.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 29 Nov 2016, 17:47

Man. I went back and looked at the Demon Bear Saga again. I forgot how dramatic the shift in tone was, almost exclusively because of Sienkiewicz's nearly abstract art style. If they do end up adapting it, the cinematographer has their work cut out for them.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Nov 2016, 19:42

You need someone who really really knows how to create atmosphere and utilize non-traditional angles AND work in horror film tropes (to showcase and skew) if you're going to do this story...I'm half excited cause it's a departure from the norm but I'd be reticent to not say I'm going in with a very discerning eye since it is such an iconic story.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Phoenixx9

Post by Phoenixx9 » 30 Nov 2016, 18:14

Thanks, WorldWideWade.

I didn't think I had heard of a definitive date for this movie. So, it is either 2018 or 2019 then. Gives them some time to make the movie excellent for us fans!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Nov 2016, 19:38

Is this going to be the first of the new "rebooted" movies?
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 16 Dec 2016, 21:28

Apparently, the New Mutant film will start a new trilogy.

http://movieweb.com/new-mutants-movie-t ... n-details/

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 16 Dec 2016, 22:27

EphemeristX wrote:Apparently, the New Mutant film will start a new trilogy.

http://movieweb.com/new-mutants-movie-t ... n-details/
Maybe one of them will be the Gambit movie. "We couldn't get it made as Gambit so we just snuck him into New Mutants 3. And then gave him all the good lines."
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Jan 2017, 12:41

McAvoy is rumored to be in this as Professor Xavier. While we need Xavier for the movie, at the same time I really want as much distance from the Singer movies as possible so Idk...
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2017, 13:06

Cable wrote:McAvoy is rumored to be in this as Professor Xavier. While we need Xavier for the movie, at the same time I really want as much distance from the Singer movies as possible so Idk...

I second those sentiments...

Plus I kinda feel like, only Stewart has really ever portrayed my idea of Xavier (particularly UXM-CC Xavier). For a New Mutants movie, we need an Xavier who can be good and angry dad lol...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 07 Jan 2017, 08:06

I was hoping this would be set in the present day. McAvoy's X-men are barely X-Men yet. Having "New Mutants" in this Era seems premature. I would've rather seen the NM in the present with the X-Men as adults ready to hand over the reigns.

Cable

Post by Cable » 07 Jan 2017, 14:36

Yeah this is another indication it is set in the 80s and makes you wonder what happens to this team later.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Jan 2017, 19:02

Maybe they get sent to rescue the original X-men from a sentient island and are lost forever after saving Cyclops...
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Cable

Post by Cable » 07 Jan 2017, 22:40

tokenBG1009 wrote:Maybe they get sent to rescue the original X-men from a sentient island and are lost forever after saving Cyclops...
Years later Colossus is shocked to find his long-lost sibling alive, having survived the disaster but by becoming stuck in Limbo, and now Magik is returning to get revenge on Xavier for losing her teammates?

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 12 May 2017, 00:20

That's at least four Game of Thrones stars in Fox's X-Men movieverse so far, to my count. Who else can we get? Danearys as Dazzler?

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 12 May 2017, 00:22

Gibbering Fool wrote:
12 May 2017, 00:20
That's at least four Game of Thrones stars in Fox's X-Men movieverse so far, to my count. Who else can we get? Danearys as Dazzler?
The four I'm thinking of are Peter Dinklage (Trask), Sofie Turner (Jean Grey), Ed Skein (Ajax) and now Maise Williams (Rahne)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 May 2017, 04:18

We need Aiden Gillen as Mr. Sinister.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 May 2017, 08:19

Ana Taylor-Joy and Maisie Williams are gonna be fantastic as Magik and Wolfsbane. Ugh. So excited.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 May 2017, 14:26

Apparently Henry Zaga is rumored to be Roberto...while lighter than I like my Sunspot, he is Brazilian, so they are going full authenticity here...

And apparently the film will be full on horror...no costumes or supervillains, just the Demon Bear.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 25 May 2017, 15:40

Well i wouldnt call it "full authentcity" though, since he does look lighter than Roberto, and while Adam Canto was mexican, he at least had curls. I thought his hair in DoFP was perfect. Lets see how they make him look.

Im so excited for this movie, and intrigued about how they are gonna make it full horror, because if they are going for a franchise, wich i assume they are, besides Inferno for a sequel, i dont know what others "horror" sequel there can be, perhaps the Inferno babies.

Also, do we know for sure if this will be set in the 80's? Because boo to that, it would make Illyana older than Colossus.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.