Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Captain Marvel

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
AntiBody

Captain Marvel

Post by AntiBody » 14 Apr 2015, 13:10

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ut-scribes

Cool news - Nicole Perlman, along with Meg LeFauve from the upcoming Inside Out, have been tapped to write Captain Marvel! I guess they both submitted a treatment and Marvel like them both so much that they're bringing both on board to combine their ideas. I personally think this is awesome because Perlman wrote the first draft of GotG, and even though Gunn changed a ton of it, apparently her draft was really well regarded at Marvel Studios. Awesome!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Tyler5618

Re: Captain Marvel

Post by Tyler5618 » 14 Apr 2015, 13:32

OK, so we're off to a good start! I hope this has far fewer issues than Wonder Woman seems to be having.
"Just because something is not real doesn't mean it's not important."
~ Si Spurrier

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Apr 2015, 13:39

Right?? No idea what's going on there, but I reeeally hope MacLaren comes out with the real story at some point. DYING to know.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Apr 2015, 22:10

Hey Marvel! I hear Michelle MacLaren is available to direct!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Apr 2015, 22:11

Yeah, but rumors are her ideas were terrible for WW. Do we want that for Captain Marvel?
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Apr 2015, 22:24

All I've heard is that she wanted to give her a talking tiger. If this is true & not just misinformation to discredit her with fans, it doesn't seem like the worst change. Communicating with animals is one of Wonder Woman's canon superpowers adter all. It could also serve as the origin of Mr. Tawky Tawny for the Shazam movie.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 14 Apr 2015, 22:29

Carol was supposedly due to appear in AoU right at the end but she was nixed because they didn't want to drop a fully formed Captain Marvel in without more fanfare. Whilst I really want to see her soon I agree with the sentiment that she can wait. AoU already has a decent amount of new characters and Carol deserves more of a significant debut. Her movie is due for 2018 so I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up sooner rather than later. Civil War already has a large cast of big names so maybe she will be dropped in GOTG 2 (2017), Thor Rangorak (2017) or even Dr Strange (2016). Regardless, I think we will see her by/during the first Infinity War film.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 15 Apr 2015, 00:05

I don't know, given she's pretty subtle when directing, I'm not sure how much I buy the outrageous tiger rumors.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 Apr 2015, 04:34

Patty "I got screwed out of Thor: The Dark World" Jenkins is your new Wonder Woman director.

Mastermind

Post by Mastermind » 02 Jun 2016, 11:36

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/brie- ... 201786876/

Hmmm I dont think she has the presence or "Strength" (in Looks and command) for a character like Carol.

I also see her as a bit too Young ( though I suppose this will in part be an origin story)

I think see what people say about the idea of Emily Blunt playing her. I also think Rosamund Pike could probably do it too ( though I dont think's much into the action roles)

I think Charlize Theron would do a great job with her. She has her Look, and can do strong female roles ( and really, she's done some flops lately.. she's a talented actress,
put her in Marvels Hands and they could really create something quality I think)

Think THIS

http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Pix ... ZCiHPsH5Rq

But with slightly longer Hair

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Jun 2016, 11:42

Well she'll be 29 by the timeher solo movie comes out, making her about the age of a real world Captain. Plus that's about the age the two OG Chris's were when they started. She's a great actress and we've seen before (see RDJ, Ritter, Johannson, etc) Marvel Studios take unexpected people and knock it out the park.

It is also possible that Theron or Blunt weren't looking or interested. Theron hasn't done full on action in awhile besides the Huntsman films and there she was playing more Hela than Captain Marvel. Blunt is definitely agood pick but perhaps she just had other engagements?
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 02 Jun 2016, 12:20

Plus this could be casting for the longer term.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

sixhoursoflucy

Post by sixhoursoflucy » 02 Jun 2016, 13:40

Brie Larson is a total chameleon. I don't think there's a role she couldn't handle. This is great news.
"Why am I even listening to you to begin with? You're a virgin who can't drive."

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 03 Jun 2016, 23:03

She's a chameleon? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against increasing representation of reptiles in popular culture... but I'd rather they adhere to canon and get a human/kree hybrid actress to play a human/kree hybrid character. #humankreehybridCarolDanvers
Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » 06 Jun 2016, 02:56

sixhoursoflucy wrote:Brie Larson is a total chameleon. I don't think there's a role she couldn't handle. This is great news.
I would totally watch a Brie Larson Captain Marvel.
"Magneto was right!" Polaris said it first. You're welcome, Entire World.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 06 Jun 2016, 23:21

I only just realised it was Brie Larson as Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim. The only other thing I have seen her in are her episodes in Community. She is unrecognisable between them. I fully support her as Captain Marvel.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jun 2016, 23:50

Gremlin wrote:I only just realised it was Brie Larson as Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim. The only other thing I have seen her in are her episodes in Community. She is unrecognisable between them. I fully support her as Captain Marvel.
Which she starred alongside Human Torch/Captain America and Superman/the Atom LOL...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gomurr the Ancient

Post by Gomurr the Ancient » 24 Jul 2016, 12:12

Take it from me -- One doesn't become Gomurr the Ancient by keeping one's eyes clenched shut. First and foremost, you have to be named Gomurr. Then you have to get really, really old.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 24 Jul 2016, 14:02

I haven't seen her in anything but I have only heard great things. This can't come soon enough!!

Cable

Post by Cable » 24 Jul 2016, 14:34

She is younger than I typically imagine Carol Danvers but hey that is just that much longer she can keep being in them if it is successful.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 24 Jul 2016, 14:35

So happy that it's confirmed. I hope we see her in action soon.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jul 2016, 17:51

Cable wrote:She is younger than I typically imagine Carol Danvers but hey that is just that much longer she can keep being in them if it is successful.
Yeah it's weird. If you read the OG stuff Carol did come off as in her late 20s but once she got in UXM, Claremont really aged her up. Now she is definitely in the mid-to-late 30s, almost 40 age range like Reed and Ben.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 Aug 2016, 00:41

Carol’s origin is being rewritten for the movie to make it less like Green Lantern, which is silly since Nova is Marvel’s GL knockoff. http://io9.gizmodo.com/carol-danvers-wi ... 1785150165

Wolfthomas

Post by Wolfthomas » 12 Aug 2016, 03:56

Superficially there's a lot that looks like Green-Lantern if you try to condense her origin to fit a 2hr film. Carol is an airforce officer (with the same last name as Hal Jordan's love interest). Mar-Vel (espeically if he dies) becomes Abin-Sur, the nega bands as an artificactt of power like the Lantern Ring (which her powers aren't derived from but would be a tempting choice to streamline).

I think you can get away from this while still keeping her roots. Make her an astronaut abducted and experimented on by Kree, who a good kree Mar-Vel frees while dying or something like that.

As for Nova. I think if any adaption was made they'd embrace elements of the new Sam character over Richard's (I say this preferring Richard). The idea of a young man finding out his deadbeat missing dad is actually a space-cop? That's a cool story.

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 12 Aug 2016, 09:48

I say get her in the Infinity War as a fighter pilot who helps the Avengers. Exposed to infinity gem power.

She can either then be seen in a hospital bed or even better joins in on some sort of action with her powers as a cameo (uncostumed, unnamed etc). Heck let Spidey call her 'Ms. Marvel' as a quip and she can correct him that she's a captain.

Then in her own movie just launch straight in