Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Flash Series

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 20 Feb 2020, 00:53

I’m glad Gorilla City survived, but disappointed Jesse Quick is officially a COIE casualty.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... sis-world/
We finally meet Sue Dearbon, & she’s great!
I’m so disappointed Eva McCulloch, the new Mirror Master, doesn’t have a Scottish brogue. Or are we calling her Mirror Mistress?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 20 Feb 2020, 17:50

I'm not sure Jesse is as dead as we think. I have a feeling that Nash had his own "Jesse", but she looked like Allegra and that's what the whole Harry-ghost, picture, and journal are about.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 27 Feb 2020, 13:30

Mirror Iris is more interesting than regular Iris and I'm assuming that Mirror Lady, who's name I'll never remember, has beef against her husband. I do wish Team Flash could meet someone that doesn't turn out to be lying and manipulating them though. It's basically been a plot point in nearly every season. Wells/Thawn, Jay/Solomon, Julian/Alchemy, I don't remember S4, and then Nora would count for S5 considering she was working with Reverse Flash.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 27 Feb 2020, 19:45

I’m so disappointed Eva McCulloch, the new Mirror Master, doesn’t have a Scottish brogue. Or are we calling her Mirror Mistress?
Are we going to find out what Flash did to Pied Piper in Post-Crisis continuity?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Mar 2020, 22:18

When Grodd & Barry merged in the astral plane prison in “Grodd Friended Me,” I hoped Grodd would get the full Flash costume as a JLApe nod. Hopefully gorillafication of superheroes will be the subject of the next Beeboverse crossover!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... lla-grodd/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 May 2020, 03:48

It tracks that Godspeed is more successful now that XS doesn't exist to thwart his origin.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 May 2020, 19:43

The “finale” was one of the best of the season, so it’s frustrating it halts here just as the momentum crescendos.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... nish-line/

Cable

Post by Cable » 09 Jun 2020, 00:33

No more Ralph Dibney
Best Comics of Week 37

Best X-Comic: Marauders #12 by Gerry Duggan (8) and Matteo Lolli (4)
Best Non-X Comic: Empyre Aftermath Avengers #1 by Al Ewing (7) and Valerio Schiti (2)

In parentheses number of times creator had best comic of week this year

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 09 Jun 2020, 11:03

Yeh that's disheartening. I was enjoying the storyline with him and Sue.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

Aeon

Post by Aeon » 09 Jun 2020, 11:16

I don’t blame him directly, I blame media for their carelessly handling and presentation of child abuse, rape, racism, etc.

Sure, he could have known better, but if you look at sitcoms, modern cartoons, etc., this is the stuff people grow up with nowadays. South Park, American Dad, Family Guy, Paradise P.D.,.... those shows constantly make fun of negative things and no one says a word. Because TV shows are super cool and represent nowadays society.

But the producers never really care about how much people let themselves be influenced by what they see and hear.

I don’t think he meant what he said, he can’t be that stupid. He wrote jokes you can hear on a daily basis on tv. And people lea4n from watching tv and think they can be as funny as Peter Griffin or be vulgar as Cartman.

So in my opinion, it’s the TV and production companies where blame should be put.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Jun 2020, 13:21

As a side note, what is with the apparent hatred Flash fans on twitter have for Danielle Panabaker? They claim she hates Candice Patton and wants to be the female lead, but all of the evidence I saw was a huge stretch.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 09 Jun 2020, 13:33

If I was her I'd be a little frustrated too, because I don't have any clue what they are doing with her character vis a vis Killer Frost/Caitlin. But I hadn't heard anything bout her being a problem on the set or anything. I don't follow that stuff much though.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Jun 2020, 13:41

Cable wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 00:33
No more Ralph Dibney

Welp...
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Jun 2020, 14:04

So I’m bingeing this during lockdown...

I like it a lot better than Arrow, and actually? I think I might prefer it to Supergirl too. I’m up to episode 10 of season 5, and other than several repeated plot beats, I do think that the characters are more likeable than in the rest of this extended universe.

Disappointed to see the news about the actor who played Elongated Man... I think he helps to keep things a lot lighter in tone and despite starting off as a character that I didn’t rate at all, he’s grown on me a lot.

Amunet Black is certainly a favourite of mine despite her terrible English accent, I much prefer Killer Frost as a character to Caitlin, Iris is pretty great, as is Joe. I really liked Kid Flash and Cecelia is awesome. Not sure how I feel about Nora as a character but the actor is pretty great. Barry... ugh. I fluctuate between thinking he’s great and thinking he’s terrible.

Wells and Cisco are the absolute best, however.
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Jun 2020, 14:06

Anna Raven wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 13:33
If I was her I'd be a little frustrated too, because I don't have any clue what they are doing with her character vis a vis Killer Frost/Caitlin. But I hadn't heard anything bout her being a problem on the set or anything. I don't follow that stuff much though.
Yeah, the first I saw of it was in the replies on twitter yesterday when the news about Ralph broke. It seems mostly to be that she has supposedly pushed other relationships for Barry, with both herself and Patty Spivot. It all seemed pretty innocent to me, just somebody trying to drum up interest in her show.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 09 Jun 2020, 20:50

Now that the Speed Force died, Vibe took the cure, & Killer Frost is on medical leave, Elongated Man is Central City’s most powerful superhero.

[reads news]

Cecile Horton is now Central City’s most powerful superhero.

Since shapeshifting is one of Elongated Man’s established powers,recasting him should be less of an issue than usual. What if Cory Michael Smith was available for replacement Ralph Dibny?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 10 Jun 2020, 12:54

Don't forget about Allegra! And yeah, recasting the character is no big deal. Say in the season premiere that his secret identity was somehow revealed, so he had to use his powers to assume a new civilian identity.