Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Flash Series

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16099
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Flash Series

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 May 2016, 00:56

Anna Raven wrote:Wow, Kevin Smith knocked that episode out of the park!
This is the Flash version of the Arrow when Lexi Alexander directed an episode...it was AWESOME.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

sambadaemon
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: Flash Series

Post by sambadaemon » 12 May 2016, 21:30

So, I'm curious. I'm a lightweight when it comes to DC characters. Did anybody recognize any of those people in the police station?
Spoiler: show
Other than Black Siren and what appeared to be an alternate Hawkman in the preview

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3233
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Flash Series

Post by Anna Raven » 12 May 2016, 22:24

Nope, those were some pretty obscure characters.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3233
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Flash Series

Post by Anna Raven » 25 May 2016, 01:11

What a crazy finale!! So are we going to get a whole new reality next season?
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

sambadaemon
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: Flash Series

Post by sambadaemon » 25 May 2016, 01:18

I kinda thought it was going to be Crisis on Infinite Earths, and that would be how Supergirl got integrated. It seemed like that was where they were going, but it didn't amount to anything.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16099
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Flash Series

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 May 2016, 03:02

Anna Raven wrote:What a crazy finale!! So are we going to get a whole new reality next season?
Okay...and this is going to get confusing...my belief is that this is what's happening:
Spoiler: show
Barry travels back in time (let's call him Barry 1) and stops the Reverse Flash from killing Nora. This leads to whatever universe season 3 is going to be. Now season 3 isn't going to be the "Flashpoint" (let's just call it that) timeline and it's probably going to be terrible. And what's going to happen is that Barry 1 is going to eventually go back in time to the night of his mother's death and be the same Barry that told Season 1 Barry NOT to save his mom. Thus making sure that season 2 occurs how it is supposed to occur and NOT changing the world back.
At least that's what I think.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

sambadaemon
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: Flash Series

Post by sambadaemon » 25 May 2016, 13:31

So, if I understand this correctly,
Spoiler: show
When all is said and done, Season 3 will have been erased?

Zefram
Posts: 65
Joined: 01 Aug 2012, 19:05

Re: Flash Series

Post by Zefram » 25 May 2016, 15:17

OK, I have another theory.

Everyone is saying that this looks to be Flashpoint Paradox storyline, but this will involve a lot of prep and involvement of all FOUR series for at least several episodes crossover.

But what if the writers pick different option.
Consider that this current timeline (season 1 and 2) are alternative timeline (a la Star Trek movies of Chris Pine to Star Trek of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart)

Didn't Reverse-Flash/Thawne said that old Wells did the experiment anyway just couple of years later, Barry was still the Flash. Just all his personal relationships were completely different.

When Thawne originally went to kill Barry's mom, his speed force was gone -meaning that Barry stopped being Flash. Thawne literally had to recreate original timeline, taking over Wells, recreating the experiment (several years earlier to boot) to make Barry become Flash.

So, if Barry stops Thawne, wouldn't ORIGINAL timeline where Barry is Flash, still ends up marrying Iris West (the newspaper), kicks in?

And Barry just wakes up in different world where his friends are different people and his relationships with Joe, Wally, Caitlin, Cisco, old Wells are completely different?

No crazy Flashpoint storyline affecting ALL series, just slight changes within Flash and Flash-related relationships

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 2825
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Flash Series

Post by Gibbering Fool » 26 May 2016, 10:31

Zefram wrote:OK, I have another theory.

Everyone is saying that this looks to be Flashpoint Paradox storyline, but this will involve a lot of prep and involvement of all FOUR series for at least several episodes crossover.

But what if the writers pick different option.
Consider that this current timeline (season 1 and 2) are alternative timeline (a la Star Trek movies of Chris Pine to Star Trek of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart)

Didn't Reverse-Flash/Thawne said that old Wells did the experiment anyway just couple of years later, Barry was still the Flash. Just all his personal relationships were completely different.

When Thawne originally went to kill Barry's mom, his speed force was gone -meaning that Barry stopped being Flash. Thawne literally had to recreate original timeline, taking over Wells, recreating the experiment (several years earlier to boot) to make Barry become Flash.

So, if Barry stops Thawne, wouldn't ORIGINAL timeline where Barry is Flash, still ends up marrying Iris West (the newspaper), kicks in?

And Barry just wakes up in different world where his friends are different people and his relationships with Joe, Wally, Caitlin, Cisco, old Wells are completely different?

No crazy Flashpoint storyline affecting ALL series, just slight changes within Flash and Flash-related relationships
But in the original timeline, before Reverse Flash killed Barry's mum, I didn't think the particle accelerator explosion occurred until about 2020. So if Barry saves his mum wouldn't he return to a reality where he doesn't have his powers yet? Timetravel on this show is so confusing.

Zefram
Posts: 65
Joined: 01 Aug 2012, 19:05

Re: Flash Series

Post by Zefram » 26 May 2016, 14:45

Gibbering Fool wrote:
Zefram wrote:OK, I have another theory.

Everyone is saying that this looks to be Flashpoint Paradox storyline, but this will involve a lot of prep and involvement of all FOUR series for at least several episodes crossover.

But what if the writers pick different option.
Consider that this current timeline (season 1 and 2) are alternative timeline (a la Star Trek movies of Chris Pine to Star Trek of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart)

Didn't Reverse-Flash/Thawne said that old Wells did the experiment anyway just couple of years later, Barry was still the Flash. Just all his personal relationships were completely different.

When Thawne originally went to kill Barry's mom, his speed force was gone -meaning that Barry stopped being Flash. Thawne literally had to recreate original timeline, taking over Wells, recreating the experiment (several years earlier to boot) to make Barry become Flash.

So, if Barry stops Thawne, wouldn't ORIGINAL timeline where Barry is Flash, still ends up marrying Iris West (the newspaper), kicks in?

And Barry just wakes up in different world where his friends are different people and his relationships with Joe, Wally, Caitlin, Cisco, old Wells are completely different?

No crazy Flashpoint storyline affecting ALL series, just slight changes within Flash and Flash-related relationships
But in the original timeline, before Reverse Flash killed Barry's mum, I didn't think the particle accelerator explosion occurred until about 2020. So if Barry saves his mum wouldn't he return to a reality where he doesn't have his powers yet? Timetravel on this show is so confusing.

Its confusing, but its going to be a really poor-man's "Flashpoint" storyline if its just 2 hr season premiere/2 episode if only Flash series are affected before everyone starts asking questions why there is no affect on other series especially since CW advertises them in same universe. And if they are going with Flashpoint event, its going to be really sad if they don't have an episode of Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl showing dystopian universe like they did in comics.

As it is right now, it looks this season finales of Legends of Tomorrow and especially of Arrow ended up normally. I would think if they were going with a big crossover Flashpoint event, at very least Arrow would have ended up with big white screen flash or something, especially since Arrow was aired AFTER Flash, and all 3 shows have same writers/creators, so coordination shouldn't be a problem.

At the same time, if they were going with "Barry restores original timeline before Reverse-Flash/Thawne killed his mom and changed everything" then could stick with it for a good half-season worth and more and not have a big spill-over to Arrow or Legends of tomorrow, other than couple of mentions.

Also, frankly speaking this is one and only chance for them to do Flashpoint paradox storyline, since its doubtful that Barry would go back and forth saving his mom and letting her be killed again and again.

Just saying, its going to be so sad if its exlusive Flash series event with no Flashpoint episodes of other CW DC-series.

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4907
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 May 2016, 20:09

Zoom did kill the right Henry Allen, as he was the least interesting of Barry’s dads. The real Jay Garrick of Earth-3 (Supergirl is from Earth-4 at the earliest now) is an upgrade, even if Rocketeer jackets are classier. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... v-finales/

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4145
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Flash Series

Post by tokenBG1009 » 28 May 2016, 02:05

I think a Flashpoint season could work. It doesn't have to involve the other shows the entire time. An crossover with Arrow to show what that world looks like, an episode of Supergirl, and an episode of LoT. Maybe even forsake the Arrow/Flash crossover and instead do Flash/LoT.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Wolfthomas
Posts: 534
Joined: 18 May 2010, 06:47

Re: Flash Series

Post by Wolfthomas » 28 May 2016, 06:13

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:Zoom did kill the right Henry Allen, as he was the least interesting of Barry’s dads. The real Jay Garrick of Earth-3 (Supergirl is from Earth-4 at the earliest now) is an upgrade, even if Rocketeer jackets are classier. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... v-finales/
I tend to imagine that it might go Super Girls Earth - Earth 1 - Earth 2 - Earth 3.

Given that the Flash was able to enter Super-girl's universe without the cannon thing. And that Zoom went to Earth 3 first before he was able to go to Earth.

But that's assuming it's a clean side by side deal and not a multiple directions alternative reality deal (like Robert Heinlein's Number of the Beast).

User avatar
Wings
Posts: 1009
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 14:42

Re: Flash Series

Post by Wings » 28 May 2016, 23:30

Aren't they planning a four-way crossover between Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow to kick off their next seasons when they air? I think 4 hours would be sufficient time to do a Flashpoint type story.
X-Men Draft: 1. White Queen 2. Banshee 3. Surge 4. Cloak 5.Sunfire 6.Dagger Base: Westchester

sambadaemon
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: Flash Series

Post by sambadaemon » 01 Jun 2016, 21:40

Did anybody else notice that Vixen was featured prominently in the newest promo commercial? Is she joining one of the teams next year, since her show is dead in the water?

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 2825
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Flash Series

Post by Gibbering Fool » 02 Jun 2016, 08:50

sambadaemon wrote:Did anybody else notice that Vixen was featured prominently in the newest promo commercial? Is she joining one of the teams next year, since her show is dead in the water?
I'd love to see Legends of Tomorrow be the to absorb characters like Vixen and Constantine.

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4145
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Flash Series

Post by tokenBG1009 » 02 Jun 2016, 09:04

I'd love to see Vixen show up as a regular character. I wish they'd used Constantine more this season. This was definitely the perfect season to use him a bunch in.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4907
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Jun 2016, 09:06

NBC would only let the CW use him once.

sambadaemon
Posts: 274
Joined: 08 Apr 2011, 10:30

Re: Flash Series

Post by sambadaemon » 22 Jun 2016, 14:57

Title for the first episode of Season 3 confirmed: https://twitter.com/grantgust/status/744932568106049536

No word on how long the event will last, though.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16099
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Flash Series

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jul 2016, 01:26

I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4145
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Flash Series

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Jul 2016, 09:19

Unsurprisingly, this was much better than Arrow's...
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4907
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 Jul 2016, 00:28

This is how the CW-verse would’ve turned out if the Time Masters had done their job. Kid-Flash looks spiffy. There’s no signs of Mirror Master yet, but we’re definitely getting Dr. Alchemy. I wonder if Tom Felton, previously announced as a new CCPD CSI, will be underneath his mask or if they’re saving sham wizard of the future, Abra Kadabra, for him? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -to-print/

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4907
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Aug 2016, 04:44

The F-Lash cast somebody named Grey Damon as Mirror Master: http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ror-master

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4907
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Flash Series

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Oct 2016, 00:33

This Flashpoint theoretically should be the original timeline before Reverse-Flash changed it by ruing Barry’s childhood. So originally Wally West was going to become the Flash before & independently of Barry getting empowered by the STAR Labs particle accelerator meltdown of 2020? So if Wally is the genuine original Flash, why doesn’t Reverse Flash have a vendetta against him? Wouldn’t Barry be the Kid-Flash in the uncorrupted timeline? Why didn’t Reverse-Flash glom onto Wally in a bid to return to the future? https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... sses-mark/

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3233
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Flash Series

Post by Anna Raven » 26 Oct 2016, 00:55

The girl who plays Wells' daughter/Jessie Quick is 1000x more perfect to play Shadowcat than Ellen Page. I realized it when she had her costume on tonight.
X-Men 1872: Rogue|Deadpool|Old Man Logan|Moonstar|San Francisco(HQ)|Thunderbird I|Cecilia Reyes|Stacy X|Lady Deathstrike|Mariko Yashida|Scorpion Boy

Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8

Post Reply