unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Flash Series

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Flash Series

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 May 2014, 19:12

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=52825

I love that its not wasting any time...Weather Wizard in the first episode or two...I love it!!!

Man what if Barry is the one who killed his mom while fighting Zoom?

Nice seeing Ollie show up and passing the torch...thats how you do a spin-off.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

grief

Re: Flash Series

Post by grief » 15 May 2014, 21:28

I don't care for Arrow at all, so when I heard about the Flash show I really didn't care one way or the other. But this stuff looks pretty good. Visually, it doesn't look bad. Some of the running looks a bit lame, but I can't help but wonder if that's just as good as we can visualize super-speed. But overall it looks good, sounds good. Barry has a bit of Peter Parker to him, maybe a bit of Wally West, but I'm fine with that. While I don't care for Arrow, I do agree BC - the idea of the hand-off is and provides an interesting continuity.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 15 May 2014, 22:47

Blackcyclops wrote:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=52825

I love that its not wasting any time...Weather Wizard in the first episode or two...I love it!!!

Man what if Barry is the one who killed his mom while fighting Zoom?

Nice seeing Ollie show up and passing the torch...thats how you do a spin-off.
Wizard is the first episode. That's all pilot footage...which means the first episode will be AWESOME.

I don't think Barry killed his mom...That would be too much for any character to handle and right now I like that Barry is the opposite of Oliver Queen. If he ended up killing his mom(and his dad gets jailed for the crime), how does he ever recover from that as a character without turning him into a much darker hero, which the Flash isn't? So yeah, that would be terrible idea...Maybe if there was no Arrow I'd be for it, but I want Barry to be much lighter than Oliver. Obviously dark times and brooding and the like are a given but matricide? No...

I also really liked the Oliver scene. Really cool.

Not too excited for Vibe being the sidekick as the character is pretty terrible and the actor was pretty bad but I'm excited for Frost, and Jesse Martin as Iris' dad(and I got good vibes from Iris in the trailer. The actress seemed good and comfortable in the role. I hope she doesn't get Laureled...but given she's a female character who might give him trouble due to his dual identity, there is a good chance she will).

I'm still worried about the actor for Flash. He's good at playing up Barry's younger, goofy side but not so much his more serious side...But hopefully he'll grow into the role.

But excellent trailer. Can't wait for this show!

grief

Post by grief » 16 May 2014, 02:02

I thought that the scene with Barry's mother was (Dr.?) Zoom. There was way more yellow in that energy field than red, plus, isn't that some version of DC canon?
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 16 May 2014, 03:23

It was...then Flash stopped it and thats how Flashpoint happened.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 16 May 2014, 09:55

In the comics Clyde Mardon was a scientist who invented a weather controlling rod that his robber brother, Mark, obtained. It looks like the show merged the two. Hopefully he'll do more than just tornados or he'll be more like The Top.

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 16 May 2014, 12:57

Wow, WOW, cannot wait for this now.

The super-speed effects look good, the casting looks good, I think Gustin is going to do great here as Barry. I like how STAR Labs is involved (somewhat) with his learning and harnessing his new abilities. John Wesley Shipp is (apparently) Henry Allen which is so cool. Ollie's appearance was terrific as well. (Of course, you know this screams 'cross-over' between the two shows). And with the possible emergence of metahumans, they just blew the doors open wide on which characters they might be able to use.

Argh, they're airing it on Tuesdays on 8pm. Why, why must everyone try and go up against Gibbs on NCIS?? It was an easy decision in the case of Coulson (thank goodness they're moving to 9pm), but now Barry vs. Jethro......hard choice, thank goodness for DVRs.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Jul 2014, 17:36

Ronnie Raymond has been cast and Firestorm is confirmed!!!

GA, Flash, Atom, Black Canary and now Firestorm? Can we get the best Outsiders ever? Lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Jul 2014, 06:15

They can install the late Dr. Brion Markov's earthquake devices into the Metamorpho Chemicals van!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jul 2014, 23:55

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:They can install the late Dr. Brion Markov's earthquake devices into the Metamorpho Chemicals van!
YES!!!

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Oct 2014, 13:29

So two things: Grodd! and "Crisis"!

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Oct 2014, 19:02

This was fun!
Barry was a jerk running that guy's pen. Doesn't he have sample collectors in his box?
I like how he wanted to keep the sweatshirt.
I'm guessing Clyde's brother, Mark, was flying the plane & will appear as the second Weather Wizard.
The prototype Flash suit had an oxygen mask that fell off immediately. Wouldn't that be a useful costume addition to make permanent?
Harrison Wells is another guy in a wheelchair who's not to be trusted. Is this ableism?
I like it when liquids float around the Speed Force. I'm not sure why it happens but it looks cool.
They'll propbably save full Grodd for season 2.
Wayne/Queen merger & Crisis on Infinite Earhts in season 10?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Oct 2014, 19:35

I won't lie EmP if we through a miracle got even anything remotely resembling a Crisis of Infinite Earth (and it ends with Barry dying and Wally taking over) on TV as some type of TV movie (remember they did that with the JSA episode of Smallville), I would get a damn Flash tattoo LOL

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Oct 2014, 21:49

A COIE TV movie would be disappointing if it doesn't have at least Adam West, Burt Ward, Linda Harrison, Cathy Lee Crosby, Lynda Carter, Debra Winger, John Haymes Newton, Gerard Christopher, John Wesley Shipp, Dean Cain, Terri Hatcher, Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Alaina Huffman, Kyle Gallner, Laura Vanderoot, Alan Ritchson, Phil Morris, Dina Meyer, Ashley Scott, Rachel Skarsten, Lori Laughlin, Adrianne Palicki, Stephen Amell, Caity Lotz, Grant Gustin, David Mazouz, the entire cast of the failed Justice League sitcom, & somebody in a SuperPup costume.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Oct 2014, 23:29

Completely unrelated, but every time I see "Adrianne Palicki" I think it's "Padalecki" and get confused. Maybe I should stop watching Supernatural...
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 09 Oct 2014, 14:52

Wow, this was an impressive start. So many elements from the comics were included here, can't wait to see where they go from here.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

Monolith

Post by Monolith » 15 Oct 2014, 01:00

Harrison Wells is from the future? Isn't that a little...on the nose? Why not just name him "Tim Traveller"?

AND OMIGOD GIVE ME A FIRESTORM SPINOFF RIGHT NOW I HAVE MONEY
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Oct 2014, 01:28

LOL...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

acolyte47

Post by acolyte47 » 15 Oct 2014, 02:24

Unfortunately the flash series is looking a little too much like Arrow Season 1, going to be weeks before the little subplots overshadow the monsters of the week.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 15 Oct 2014, 10:29

Poor Simon Stagg. Sure he got to be played by Willaim Sadler, but he missed out on white devil hair, having a Neandethal for a valet, & turning Rex Mason into Metamorpho in a failed attempt to cockblock him.
I hope we don't get flashbacks every episode.
It's really contrived that Barry can't tell Iris he's the Flash.
The Multiplex effects looked keen so there's hope for Multiple Man in that rumored X-Factor show.
Jonah Hex's descendants opened up a gun shop.
Is Harrison Wells a bloodthirsty Rip Hunter or Eobard Thwane?
Last edited by EvilMonkeyPope on 15 Oct 2014, 20:21, edited 2 times in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Oct 2014, 13:13

I really really really hope Rip Hunter...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 15 Oct 2014, 22:53

Oh Rip Hunter, that would be interesting!

Loved this episode and loving this series. I like Grant Gustin as Barry. He's basically Barry + Wally + Bart all rolled into one so that's interesting(not all into who they cast for movie Flash, that guy is WAY too dark and moody for the role).

I think for Iris they're going to have her find out she's Flash on her on too really cement her into the journalist role and put her on equal footing with Barry. If they drag it for too long they'll run into a Laurel situation where the character just goes back and forth and becomes terrible.

Quick and Dead

Post by Quick and Dead » 15 Oct 2014, 23:35

I'm surprised at the love for this series. I watched the pilot way back in June at a friend's house, I don't recall the details of how or why, and it reminded me of a bad Disney Channel Original Movie.
Check out my comic reviews and articles! http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/