unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Arrow

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
tokenBG1009

Re: Arrow

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Feb 2016, 02:05

"We had an... animated adventure."

Oh that's funny. Then Felicity literally walks out of Oliver's life. That was funny for different reasons. Guess we know why she's not wearing the ring in the flash...forwards?
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 29 Feb 2016, 02:07

That line was funny...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Mar 2016, 01:06

How'd Cupid shoot 2 arrows in different directions simultaneously?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 24 Mar 2016, 01:10

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:How'd Cupid shoot 2 arrows in different directions simultaneously?
The power of love!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 25 Mar 2016, 03:28

Why am I still watching this show? Why do they not realize the show ass at its best when the relationshit drama was at a minimum?

Finished episode and that final scene with Darkh reminded me. God he's such an awesome villain.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Apr 2016, 22:22

“Beacon of Hope” was everything I wanted from (Green) Arrow in a post The F-Lash world. It’s much easier to give it a pass on its typical plot holes when the show is having goofy fun. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -superman/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Apr 2016, 01:51

Arrow may be the second show I intentionally give up on.

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Apr 2016, 02:35

Were you surprised by the death Token? From the little I've seen, the reactions have been strong and more than a few people seem to have been genuinely shocked. Some even vowing to not watch the show anymore. The most likely targets had pretty much all been excluded during the season (and that one future episode of Legends of Tomorrow) so I was 99% sure that this character would be the one to die, so I'm really surprised at the reactions.

I was enjoying the character a bit more recently but I can't say that the absence will change much in my enjoyment.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Apr 2016, 02:51

I have to agree with Rick for those reasons. I saw it coming. Any of the other choices would not have had as big of an impact on the cast...
Spoiler: show
Roy already "died.
Ray already "died".
Tommy is dead.
Thea died and came back.
Sara died twice, sorta.
Felicity had her fake out.
Ollie and Thea's parents died.
Diggle and Lyla live long enough to have a son.That leaves Det. Lance or Felicity's mom, neither would be that impactful.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Apr 2016, 02:56

I imagine the reaction isn't shock, but outrage. Laurel has become a more popular character over the last couple seasons since she's stepped into the role of Black Canary. Add in the fact she's the comic book canon romance of Oliver and suddenly this death nixes all of that.

Combine this with how, in at least a very vocal minority opinion, the way the show has catapulted Felicity, a character I truly enjoyed in Seasons 1 and 2, into whatever she is now. From her being angry at Oliver for choosing to keep his son a secret so he can stay in William's life to dumping Oliver because he made the incredibly difficult decision to cut all ties to his son to keep him safe. Everything has become about Felicity.

Olicity has been a cancer on this show and made Oliver into one of the most pathetic lead characters I've ever seen in a show. I've never seen a scene that was meant to be emotionally deep, Felicity breaking off the engagement, turn into what may have been the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen on TV when she somehow regains the ability to walk just in time to walk out on him.

In my opinion Arrow was not a good show in the early parts of Season 1 when it focused far too much on the lovelife of Oliver Queen. Guess what most of Season 4 has been? Damien Darkh has been a fantastic villain. I've enjoyed watching Malcolm Merlyn. It's Oliver, and honestly mostly Felicity, that has dragged the show back down to the depths it dragged itself up from.

Unfortunately there is a VERY focal fan base that enjoys this direction. Any criticism has been met with "then don't watch the show" by the people in the show, including Amell himself. I can't see them changing direction going forward. I'll finish out the season, but if something doesn't change I'm done after this.

TL;DR - It's not the death. It's the direction the show has taken.

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Apr 2016, 03:19

Fair enough. I also haven't been enjoying all the Olicity drama, but that seems to have been (finally) placed on the back burner for now, so I'll take the small victory there. I agree that the "walking out" scene didn't really hit the mark. I like some aspects of Felicity's character though. I think they could just do a (temporary) trade with the Flash. Have her go there (to stay away from Oliver) and let one of the Flash members come to Star City (they have way too many scientist stepping on each others toes over there).

I'm really not that attached to the comics pairing of BC and GA though. Considering their history in the show's cannon, Laurel and Oliver shouldn't be together IMO. There's too much baggage and, honestly, the actors have no romantic chemistry. Their romantic scenes together have almost always been painful (since the beginning of season 1 as you mentioned) so I'm really relieved that the writers decided to not beat a dead horse and force the relationship. Sometimes pushing for something JUST because they are on the comics does no good. If it isn't working, best let it die. They worked much better as "exes" on the show anyway.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Apr 2016, 03:38

I doubt they'll let anyone leave StarLabs..just because that grouping is sooo popular.

But
Holt is moving on to regular cast member, so I don't think Felicity will be too missed.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Apr 2016, 04:22

So Sara can resume being Black Canary now.
I'm much more upset about what happened on The Americans tonight.

Majestic

Post by Majestic » 07 Apr 2016, 04:24

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:So Sara can resume being Black Canary now.
I'm much more upset about what happened on The Americans tonight.
Agreed on both counts.
BODYSHOP INDUSTRIES (X-Villain Draft) : Spiral, Cameron Hodge, Ahab, Pandemic, The Isolationist, Cylla Markham, Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Sugar Man, Nanny & Orphanmaker

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Apr 2016, 05:10

Yeh I can't stand this show anymore. I was only watching because of its connection to Flash, but that really isn't a good enough reason to keep going. I'm out.
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Apr 2016, 05:25

Anna Raven wrote:Yeh I can't stand this show anymore. I was only watching because of its connection to Flash, but that really isn't a good enough reason to keep going. I'm out.
Thankfully there's enough good comic book shows on TV to continue watching.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Apr 2016, 08:28

If you're on a CW drama & your name starts with L, there's a target on your head. Watch out, Leonard Snart!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... lack-siren Maybe they'll get a replacement Laurel from Earth-2?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Apr 2016, 08:47

Laurel is too good for Arrow. I'd say make her a permanent fixture on Flash, but that's also getting a bit crowded.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 May 2016, 20:13

(Green) Arrow had the dullest of the DC finales, but on the upside it wasn’t season three! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... v-finales/

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 27 May 2016, 21:17

I rather go back to season 3 when the world didn't revolve around Felicity. Which sucks, because I freaking LOVED Felicity in the first 3 seasons. Then they turned her into... Whatever she is. Turns out her father is the least terrible member of her family...

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 27 May 2016, 22:01

I still like Felicity.

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 27 May 2016, 22:29

This is a blatant case of "be careful what you wish for". In the earlier seasons, one of the major complaints was that Felicity wasn't being focused enough, that we didn't know enough of her backstory and the show would do better with her as the romantic interest as opposed to Laurel.
Now opinions seems to have flipped.

As I said previously, I would rather have Felicity go to Flash for a while. Have Curtis take over her role and perhaps bring in Caitlin. I don't think the writers know what to do with her in the Flash. She can be Oliver's medical/forensics backup. I wouldn't mind Vixen joining the show either if they need someone to be on the streets with the Green Arrow. They may need to depower her a bit though because she seemed a bit too effective.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 27 May 2016, 23:50

Caitlin gets to be heartbroken. That's basically her role on Flash. I really hope they do more with her.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 02 Jun 2016, 13:09

Was it just me, or did it seem odd that they didn't at least have Vixen and Wildcat show up for Laurel's funeral scene?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 03 Jun 2016, 05:28

Is Wildcat even alive still?