Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Arrow

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Arrow

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Jun 2016, 09:05

Wildcat is still alive, but his actor became attached to another show. It'd be a waste of money to have him & Vixen appear if they didn't have room in the script to do anything.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Jul 2016, 01:28

I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 24 Jul 2016, 02:01

At least KGBeast is back.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 24 Jul 2016, 02:12

I'll be 100% honest. That looks AWFUL. The dialogue was really bad. And the forming of a team? What this show needed was to refocus on Oliver doing his thing, Felicity not being the center of the world and for Diggle to do Diggle things. Add in Thea doing something, get rid of Malcom(who will now be on ALL of the Arrow-verse shows for some reason) and just cut the fat.

Instead we're getting whatever the heck this.

Bye bye Arrow. I'll see you on Flash(just don't bring Felicity)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 26 Jul 2016, 00:26

Most of the newbies will probably get killed by new evil archer Prometheus.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 28 Aug 2016, 01:56

Is it weird that I want Lyla to start wearing the Harbinger costume?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 Oct 2016, 00:32

Oliver regressing into murder is a retread that I wish the show would’ve moved past by now. Where is your character development, sir? (Ditto alcoholic Quentin.) It would be compelling if they contrasted Oliver’s super liberal policies with his willingness to murder lawbreakers to make it easier, but they didn’t because TV Ollie only has the politically neutral stance of “crime & police corruption are bad.” (He also wasted a lot of tax money on a giant bronze statue of his dead ex that could’ve gone towards The Glades.) Of course he let Anarky live since he’s the best foe they’ve borrowed from Batman lately instead of a nameless underling. And Wild Dog took an arrow to the knee like Roy for having the effrontery to lend a hand. So far Prometheus seems like a combination of Merlyn & Deathstroke, so also not thrilling. At least we saw the debuts of bomb-defusing & parachute arrows. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... sses-mark/

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Oct 2016, 13:33

I disagree so strongly EmP, Arrow feels like it's back and really fun and good again. I like Curtis alot and feel like he's agood counterpoint to the Arrow team. Freeing up the Olicity thing makes Felicity kinda funny again. Thea has showngreat growth. And I'm warming up to Mad Dog. Comic Promethus has an ugly ass costume so I like this version. And Ragdoll actually looked cool. This combined with Supergirl on Monday, has been awesome."

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Oct 2016, 22:51

Although her reasons are sound, boo to Thea quitting being Speedy! Speedy is the best! She has the the most dynamic & consistent character arc. She beat her addictions to both drugs & murder. Why isn’t this season all about Thea conquering the salmon ladder weekly while her half-brother learns about balancing city budgets? More Speedy & less Oliver brooding! Long live Thea Queen!
This seems to be Prometheus in name only.
I'm glad Felicity is fun again.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Oct 2016, 23:37

Prometheus was terrible past his first appearance so I'm okay with this lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Oct 2016, 23:40

His first appearance was so good though! I'd rather see them work with that instead of making yet another evil archer.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Oct 2016, 23:45

True it was...I do hope he is more than just an evil archer.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 27 Oct 2016, 08:20

The new Star City DA doesn't seem trustworthy. He's like Ray Liotta as Harvey Dent.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 27 Oct 2016, 10:21

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:The new Star City DA doesn't seem trustworthy. He's like Ray Liotta as Harvey Dent.

Best comparison ever...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Nov 2016, 23:25

I was down on the season five premiere of (Green) Arrow , but the episodes since have been solidly entertaining. I was optimistic about last season at the outset too, so let’s not get too excited yet. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... olarities/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 03 Dec 2016, 07:39

Speedy finally murdered Malcolm Merlyn then launched an arrow for White Canary to deaden Damian Darhk instead of handing it to her her like a civilian! Speedy’s showwomanship is wasted in the Mayor’s office! https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... -occasion/

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 09 Dec 2016, 23:44

So Speedy only suited up to give Ollie a rooftop pep-talk? They weren’t going to use the buddy system against Prometheus? Diggle got arrested as a fugitive, so it’s too bad he didn’t ask for a Presidential pardon last week for fighting off alien hordes. https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... n-already/

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 21 Jan 2017, 15:26

Been using my free month of Netflix to binge the first two seasons. Binge-watching a show like this is a bad idea: last night while walking the dog I kept expecting someone to jump out of the bushes wielding a machete.

It's fun reading you all's commentary in real-time, and knowing the broad strokes of the character's arcs in advance.

I generally agree with the views folks had BITD, except I'm more forgiving of Amell's "wooden" acting. I've felt that it was in-character; he's struggling to emote naturally because of his trauma.

Lots of stupid plot holes, not worth digging into three years later. Suffice to say, many of the lies and secrets are really dumb, and the "reasons" they give for them are even dumber.

I'm disappointed with how Diggle is used. He's hardly there most of the time, and Ollie is completely sidelining his supposed "partner."

Maybe it's a stretch but Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy? Or, even more of a stretch, Billy Pilgrim and PFC Wintergreen? (Slaughterhouse Five and Catch-22)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 22 Jan 2017, 01:19

This is the only explanation for not calling her Dinah Lance that makes sense.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 26 Jan 2017, 00:53

Middle of Season 3--Felicity/Oliver's will-they-won't-they dance is awful. Just terrible. She's a much, much better partner for him when she's keeping him in check by being smarter, snarkier and more grounded than he is. She's a horrible love interest for him.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jan 2017, 01:53

Nu-D wrote:Middle of Season 3--Felicity/Oliver's will-they-won't-they dance is awful. Just terrible. She's a much, much better partner for him when she's keeping him in check by being smarter, snarkier and more grounded than he is. She's a horrible love interest for him.
It's why this season is so much better.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Jan 2017, 13:13

Nu-D wrote:Middle of Season 3--Felicity/Oliver's will-they-won't-they dance is awful. Just terrible. She's a much, much better partner for him when she's keeping him in check by being smarter, snarkier and more grounded than he is. She's a horrible love interest for him.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with 1.5 seasons of, in my opinion, near trash to get to what's been a near Season 2 level of good Season 5.

...by the way, I definitely said I wouldn't watch this show again. Then it got good.

On that note, this last episode was just rude.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jan 2017, 13:43

You thought it was bad? I quite liked it...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 26 Jan 2017, 13:58

Blackcyclops wrote:You thought it was bad? I quite liked it...
It wasn't terrible, but as someone who REALLY REALLY hated what happened in S4 I was REALLY hoping for some redemption in this episode.

Also, I'm really tired of Felicity.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 26 Jan 2017, 14:06

I actually like Felicity striking out on her own. I liked Curtis getting more technie. I liked the Laurel fakeout and I like Oliver in this state of doubt and dealing troubled by the losses he's racking up. It reminds me of ASM as Slott lead up prolly my favorite comic of the last 20 years, where Spidey first faces Massacre and declares "nobody dies".

My X-Men Draft Picks: