Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 Dec 2014, 01:49

Yeah, at first I thought Bobbi's & Mack's secret was that they were in a relationship & didn't want to break Hunter's fragile ego by telling him about it.
I just learned that TV"s Absorbing Man, Brian Patrick Wade, is married to bodybuilder Jill Wade. She's not an actress, but if you gave her a red wig & purple spiked dominatrix gear she'd at least look the part of Titania.

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 21 Dec 2014, 02:23

Yeah she certainly looks the part. :D

And really, they could just write a part where she mostly punches things. Absorbing Man wasn't that complex either.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 22 Dec 2014, 13:55

We're a few weeks behind in Australia. We were meant to get the finale last week but it was delayed because of the Sydney seige.

What a finale! Terriginesis. Skye is Daisy Johnson and her dad is Mr Hyde

Will we see Cal turn into a giant murderous monster on screen, or is he just a guy with anger issues? They certainly seem to imply in previous episodes that he can become a monster capable of wiping out villages. Also, I'm assuming Cal is an Inhuman too but it was a bit unclear. He seem fairly devout about inhuman culture, like Raina, so I'm assuming he is.

Wings

Post by Wings » 22 Dec 2014, 14:22

What a finale indeed.

Tripp's death was a waste. He didn't have a character arc at all this season and thus was the most expendable of the cast.
I'm liking the Ward and Agent 33 thing. Is Agent 33 a character in the comics? I think it'd be cool if she became Madame Masque.

I don't think Cal is an Inhuman. Did they ever show him touching the obelisk? The way he talked about Skye's mother led me to believe that she got her Inhuman genes solely from her mother.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 22 Dec 2014, 17:39

Agent 33 is in the comics but she is a very minor character.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

marhawkman

Post by marhawkman » 22 Dec 2014, 18:47

I think they did show Cal touch the Diviner. In the ep when he took it to Whitehall.

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 22 Dec 2014, 19:08

He had it in a briefcase.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 22 Dec 2014, 22:45

He did talk solely about Skye's mother's gifts and not about his own (if he has any). He did seem to dominate Coulson, a seasoned and skipped fighter, in combat. Some of his punches seemed to really floor Coulson which suggests to me he has above average strength. But will he turn into Mr Hyde?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Dec 2014, 04:17

It's probably an unstable super soldier serum variant in his system that causes violent mood swings.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Dec 2014, 04:35

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:It's probably an unstable super soldier serum variant in his system that causes violent mood swings.

What happened to that? Wasn't that a thing in season 1?
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Dec 2014, 05:52

I just remember the stuff they used on Dethlok and then that one guy that got fire powers.
Savage Avengers Draft: She-Hulk | Elektra | Echo | Gamora | Rogue | Chun Li | White Widow | Shuri

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 23 Dec 2014, 06:01

The Centipede serum was a mix of supersoldier serum, gamma radiation, Extremis, & Scorch's DNA. I don't think Zabo will have the same combo in him.

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 07 Jan 2015, 05:01

Hawkeye might appear in Agents of SHIELD. it's just a speculation though.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Jan 2015, 18:45

So Edwards James Olmos (sp) and Blair Underwood (as May's ex-hubby) are joining the show
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 07 Feb 2015, 07:02

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=5 ... ge=article

going to be a great Spring with this and also Hickman's Time Runs Out both reaching their conclusion :v

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 12 Feb 2015, 19:17

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/12/agents- ... ye-gideon/

Oh my… SHIELD is certainly drawing in the talent, aren't they? Anyone particularly excited about this character? I don't know anything about her. I've always liked Drea de Matteo though, so not only am I glad to see her still working, but working on this show!
he / him

📖: Morrison's New X-Men | DnA's Cosmic Saga | Hickman's New/Avengers & Secret Wars | Dawn/Reign/Destiny Of X
📺: Guardians | Black Panther | Ragnarok | Infinity War/Endgame | WandaVision | Loki | No Way Home | Multiverse Of Madness

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 12 Feb 2015, 19:23

Don't know anything about the character but like the actress.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Feb 2015, 20:43

PLEASE LET US GET A CONNECTION TO DD!
-Cly

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 13 Feb 2015, 23:32

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Feb 2015, 00:58

Um I LOVE that lol
he / him

📖: Morrison's New X-Men | DnA's Cosmic Saga | Hickman's New/Avengers & Secret Wars | Dawn/Reign/Destiny Of X
📺: Guardians | Black Panther | Ragnarok | Infinity War/Endgame | WandaVision | Loki | No Way Home | Multiverse Of Madness

XtremeOne1

Post by XtremeOne1 » 04 Mar 2015, 03:29

So an interesting episode. I'm glad it still felt like an ensemble. I was worried it would become the Skye show.

Cool visuals with the mutants, I mean InHumans, though really the teleport smoke did look a lot like Nightcrawler's. It's a weird, conflicting feeling being interested in seeing the Inhumans explored in this but also hating it because I know that if the X-Men were owned by Marvel, this wouldn't be happening so I keep thinking "If only..."

I'm glad they called out how ridiculous the dialogue was during the fake out. That got a good laugh out of me.

Raina's suicide attempt was the worst suicide attempt ever. Though I guess she could have wanted to do 'suicide by SHIELD'.

Not too into this Bobbi/Mack storyline only because they aren't going to bring in an Avenger and have her be a traitor...Plus it would feel repetitive.

I did feel some of the reactions tonight were a bit overblown and lampshaed with the "they're grieving!" Simmons of all people saying, "We don't understand it, kill it!" just feels like drama for drama's sake. And given they know that Skye is half an alien and that she got misted, you'd think they'd NOT say these things to her. But it's forced drama to eventually have that cliched "No one accepts me! Daddy hold me!" that's sure to come.

Also all the grieving over Tripp was kind of a fail since they never bothered to make Tripp a character, just a really embarrassing example of really white people writing a black guy, as evident by they're "Come on gurrrrl"...I mean, yikes. At least they recognize Mack is a person and giving him actual character and not just be like, "Wait, what do black people say? They talk about their grandma right. Should he finger snap, I feel he should finger snap."...But given we're suppose to believe this characters are acting irrational because they're sad for Tripp, I should also semi-care that he's dead. And I don't. We didn't know anything about the guy or his motives or his character. I didn't even know he was funny!

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 04 Mar 2015, 06:45

XtremeOne1 wrote:I did feel some of the reactions tonight were a bit overblown and lampshaed with the "they're grieving!" Simmons of all people saying, "We don't understand it, kill it!" just feels like drama for drama's sake. And given they know that Skye is half an alien and that she got misted, you'd think they'd NOT say these things to her. But it's forced drama to eventually have that cliched "No one accepts me! Daddy hold me!" that's sure to come.
I agree about some people's reactions as you said. Gemma of all people acting like that was strange. and I'm surprised they went this direction. I was expecting them all know Skye is Quake already not that it become a mystery and a secret kept from other membres.
XtremeOne1 wrote:Not too into this Bobbi/Mack storyline only because they aren't going to bring in an Avenger and have her be a traitor...Plus it would feel repetitive.
I'm not that interested in this subplot either. just a random guess. maybe they work for May's mom!
XtremeOne1 wrote:Cool visuals with the mutants, I mean InHumans, though really the teleport smoke did look a lot like Nightcrawler's. It's a weird, conflicting feeling being interested in seeing the Inhumans explored in this but also hating it because I know that if the X-Men were owned by Marvel, this wouldn't be happening so I keep thinking "If only..."
it was playing and I wasn't paying attention in the beginning then I looked at monitor and saw Nightcralwer! took me some seconds to recognize it's something else. a blind teleporter. interesting. Inhuman comic's reader also have some type of teleportation abilities. doesn't he!?

as strange as it may sound I actually am happy at this moment that Marvel can't use the mutants. if they could, the X-Men probably would have conflict with Avengers and Shield and then we would hate Avengers for that. in X-men-less MCU Avengers are likable and in Fox universe there are no Avengers to annoy the X-Men.

Interesting to see the other heads of HYDRA.
I wonder if Dr. List(!?) replaces Whitman in the second half of the season. was he the same rank as the other four? he looked more important though. and now with Strucker they are the only heads alive.

also happy to see Skye's mom. she looked such a nice person. such a shame she ended up like that.

now that Raina is taken by the Reader(!?) she might start to be less annoying/arrogant, more humble hopefully.

Have you seen those 10 seconds introduction videos in AOS FB page? they are very cute.
there was also that short promo during oscars I was expecting to see during this episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UO8jQu71MY
is it going to be used in the next episode(s) or was it made only for promotion?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 04 Mar 2015, 10:13

I'm not onboard for Raina's "Boohoo! Now I'm ugly" arc because it's shallow & Ruth Negga is always gorgeous. Her insides hurting is a legitimate grievance but they're not focusing on that. Her being jealous of Quake for remanianing conventionally attractive is so trite. It'd be much better if she was like "Frak yes! Becoming a porcupine lady is the best thing to ever happen to me! Time for more unethical superscience!"
Flooding a centuries old alien city seems really wasteful.
Mockingbird & Fitz are still cool, but xenophobic Simmons is scary. Jemmacide should be her supevillainess name.
How long until Ward takes over HYDRA North America with melted May?
I still don't care about Tripp.
Last edited by EvilMonkeyPope on 19 May 2015, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 04 Mar 2015, 13:26

I'm a Mack fan but definitely am not interested in Hunter...

Mockingbird is still cool EmP...
-Cly

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 04 Mar 2015, 14:30

Ooooooh I loooved this! A nice reintroduction after Agent Carter - picking up where we left off and just cannonballing into the thick of it. I am SO psyched Agents Of SHIELD is back!!

First off, how fucking cool was it to hear the words "Inhuman" and "Terrigenesis" out loud on TV?? I geeked HARD. :D

I think the portrayal of Skye reacting to her new powers was pretty on point. She was major freaking out. And cute, lovable Fitz being her secret-keeper? I really like that idea. I hope it strengthens their relationship, but I wonder how long this secret will actually last. Quake powers aren't exactly something you can easily hide.

Bobbi's and Mac's secret -- I'm intrigued, but the team has so much going on right now lol. I don't think they're traitors or secret villains or anything. I'm hesitant to say they're working on something for Fury, given how that's exactly what May was doing earlier, but they're taking orders from somebody high up.

Coulson's fake-out with Bakshi was pretty hilarious, lolol. "You'll never take us alive!" As many people, I thought that was horribly cheesy at first, but when the ruse was revealed, I straight up cackled. :D And how brilliant was it that Hydra was like, "Oh cool, SHIELD is going to come after us, let's punk them!" But Coulson and crew gave them the ultimate punking! I really loved that. Hunter plays it so damn cool… (he's so dreamy…)

And damn, Simmons's reaction to everything? That was a bit extreme. I know she (and the whole team) have been traumatized to an extent, but yikes Gemma. That's not an attitude befitting a curious scientist such as yourself at all. I think IGN's review hit the nail on the head here:
However, I wish they could have been a bit more delicate in regards to Simmons' negative reaction. I get that she’s there to be Skye’s worst nightmare – someone she cares about who is expressing disdain for exactly what’s occurring to her. But yeesh, in one single scene, Simmons used the words horrific, epidemic, terminate and plague in regards to how she felt about what was happening to Skye and it was just a bit much and to the point of parody. I do like the idea of using sweet Simmons as the one most scientifically concerned about what’s happening and to put Skye in her most concerned place, but I hope they can just dial it back a bit going forward.
And about Raina… I'm divided on her. In the books (which I know this is not), undergoing Terrigenesis not only transforms you, but transforms you into something you are meant to be, in every sense of the phrase. Tonaja, for example, was a little anxious about going into the mist chamber, but after her transformation, it was like she actualized a potential she didn't know she had. Undergoing Terrigenesis unlocks who you really are, and it's all supposed to make all the possible sense in the world to the recipient. You know who you are, and are now in a place to be the best person you can be. That's something that always struck a chord with me because, especially in our world these days, I feel like most everybody gets lost or despairs about themselves every now and then. I can't tell you how many days I've looked in the mirror and been dissatisfied about how I look, or have even thought, "Just WHAT the fuck am I supposed to be doing in life??" I would kill for some Terrigenesis.

But at the same time, I think it's totally legit that Raina thought she was going to transform into some angelic presence, transcending her humanity into greatness. Unfortunately for her, that also meant being beautiful. She'd been fixating on this for quite some time, and when she finally, finally got the transformation she'd been searching so long and so hard for, it changed her into something that, in her eyes, is only capable of dealing pain - to herself and to others. In her mind, she was robbed. I totally get that. But I think she's really going to come into her own, with that Gordon guy guiding her. I am VERY interested to see how that plays out. If I know Raina, she'll not only come to embrace her new Inhuman-ness, but eventually come to relish in it.

I guess I had a lot to say here, lol. I really loved this. I really love this show now. I can't believe this is the same show that we started with on Season 1!
he / him