Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

ABC & People Top Films Of Our Time

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Mar 2011, 23:03

Well the special is gone off...it def had some movies I'm not too keen on but I can understand why people would vote for them...here's the number 1s:

Scifi- Star Wars A New Hope

Action- Raiders of the Lost Ark

Thriller- Silence of the Lambs

Animated- The Lion King

Comedy- Airplane

Musical- The Sound of Music

Best Kiss- Gone With the Wind

Best Line- Gone With the Wind:“Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn”

Best Political/History Film- Schindler's List

Chick Flick- The Notebook

Western- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (this and Unforgiven are the only Westerns I love...)

Horror- The Exorcist (Halloween and the Poltergist at #2 and #3)

Character- Forrest Gump

Best Romantic Couple- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett

Best film- Gone With the Wind...

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Mar 2011, 02:16

I'll agree with most of those, except animated film Lion King? Really? In the last 3 years alone there have been at least 5 better animated movies. I am thinking specifically of Up, Toy Story 3, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, and How to Train Your Dragon. And legitimately the top animated movie of all time HAS to be from Pixar, it's just a matter of which.

Oh yeah, I forgot, ABC is owned by Disney. :-/ Wait, so is Pixar. Ugh, I am just confused.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Mar 2011, 02:29

[QUOTE=Anna Raven] I'll agree with most of those, except animated film Lion King? Really? In the last 3 years alone there have been at least 5 better animated movies. I am thinking specifically of Up, Toy Story 3, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, and How to Train Your Dragon. And legitimately the top animated movie of all time HAS to be from Pixar, it's just a matter of which.

Oh yeah, I forgot, ABC is owned by Disney. :-/ Wait, so is Pixar. Ugh, I am just confused.[/QUOTE]

You just blew your own mind LOL...Well to be fair they were voted on by people on People.com...so the masses chose Lion King. Which is a great movie, but I think Toy Story 3 should have taken the top spot but I'm not mad at Lion King

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Mar 2011, 02:32

I guess I am just burnt out on the Disney movies of the 90s. I like classic Disney animation though, for example Fantasia is actually probably a good number one pick.Anna Raven2011-03-23 02:33:03

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 23 Mar 2011, 03:13

[QUOTE=Anna Raven] I guess I am just burnt out on the Disney movies of the 90s. I like classic Disney animation though, for example Fantasia is actually probably a good number one pick.[/QUOTE]

I actually picked Fantasia as my favorite Disney movie...look here: DrHipHops 10 Fave Disney Films