Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Ben 10/Generator Rex

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Blackcyclops

Ben 10/Generator Rex

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Mar 2011, 01:38

Does anyone else watch these?

I have to say while they aren't as good as comic book derived shows, they are top notch American action cartoons. Which means: yes they are somewhat "tame" and try to tone down violence, but they have nice plots and even interesting characters. Ben 10 (which is made by Man of Action, which includes some great comic writers) is one of my favorites and I really would like to see it given a a slightly more mature take. Generator Rex is new but so far the world they have set up is kinda fun to watch.

So does anybody else watch it?

Gibbering Fool

Ben 10/Generator Rex

Post by Gibbering Fool » 22 Mar 2011, 01:55

I've only ever seen a a bit of one episode of Generator Rex but what I did see looked interesting. The episode I saw delved into some more muture themes about whether they should kill someone who wasn;t in control of their actions, or something.

Ben 10 on the other hand I've seen alot of.  I've grown to like it more as its evolved into its more mature incarnations; Alien Force and Ultimate Alien. 

Blackcyclops

Ben 10/Generator Rex

Post by Blackcyclops » 22 Mar 2011, 02:10

Yes the original Ben 10 was very "kiddy", but later seasons have really upped things. I liked how for Alien Force they talked essentially racial purity...

Caenman

Ben 10/Generator Rex

Post by Caenman » 23 Mar 2011, 03:24

yep getting into Generator Rex, great concept some what original but still familiar and accessable. Teen angst, super powers and violance against ugly monsters. fun and i can imagin it getting reworked into a older market comic. The fact that everyone in the world is contaminated and could "go off" is interesting- a little like mutations.
ben 10 i enjoy to but only just started watching cause its on before GR.