Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Upcoming Movies Teaser

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Spectral Knight

Re: Upcoming Movies Teaser

Post by Spectral Knight » 05 May 2021, 18:40

Well there is a 5 year gap between Carol appearing on Earth following Nick's distress beacon at the Snap amd the end of Endgame where she was working in coordination with both the Earth based "Avengers" and the space based guys (well, Rocket and Nebula). It seemed like Carol was an infrequent visitor to Earth during this time.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 May 2021, 21:00

Blackcyclops wrote:
05 May 2021, 14:28
So I’ll say it since X-Treme brought it up in terms of super soldier projects…

When WILL WE GET A MAN-THING SERIES????

And can we even imagine “Man-Thing” toys at Target???

I’ve been thinking about Man-Thingg alot lately.
Man-Thing toys have already been at Target! He was in Marvel Legends series 8 & the BAF for the Netflix series.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 07 May 2021, 09:03

Remember folks, in these covid times, always make sure to sanitise your Man-Thing before you let someone else play with it.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 09 May 2021, 13:13

That was thrilling. I’ve been excited for BW for ten years, but I never thought I’d be eagerly anticipating Shan Chi or the Eternals.

I couldn’t help noticing how cis-het the retrospective reel was. We need some a-list diversity in that area.

The 4 looks a lot like the Avengers’ A. Prediction: FF will be the capstone to Phase 4, not an origin story. The FF will be gradually introduced in AM&W 3 and The Marvels. Quantum Realm and cosmic movies are ideal to back-door introduce the FF.
He/him/his

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 09 May 2021, 14:21

Nu-D wrote:
09 May 2021, 13:13
I couldn’t help noticing how cis-het the retrospective reel was. We need some a-list diversity in that area.
Which A-List characters would you suggest that would fit the bill?

I'd argue probably Hercules is the most prominent non-X character, but there's not many , maybe Billy or Tommy who've been introduced but are still very young in the MCU canon. Maybe there's a twist on Teddy or Noh-Var that could be introduced via Marvels given the links to the Kree, Teddy in particular is the last of the "classic" YAs to debut, who I would like to see for an original books accurate roster.

In terms of Trans / Gender fluid characters, who'd be A-List? There's Loki's time being Lady Loki, but can't think of any other obvious candidates.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 09 May 2021, 14:51

Spectral Knight wrote:
09 May 2021, 14:21
Nu-D wrote:
09 May 2021, 13:13
Which A-List characters would you suggest that would fit the bill?

I'd argue probably Hercules is the most prominent non-X character, but there's not many , maybe Billy or Tommy who've been introduced but are still very young in the MCU canon. Maybe there's a twist on Teddy or Noh-Var that could be introduced via Marvels given the links to the Kree, Teddy in particular is the last of the "classic" YAs to debut, who I would like to see for an original books accurate roster.

In terms of Trans / Gender fluid characters, who'd be A-List? There's Loki's time being Lady Loki, but can't think of any other obvious candidates.
I didn’t really have anyone in mind. I was just struck by the sequence of shots of male-female couples. Everything else was platonic (except maybe Groot and Rocket?). We got brothers, sisters, family, and cis-het couples. Heck, we didn’t even get Quill-Gamora, which is at least human-alien.

But frankly, I think Danvers would be a fine candidate for a non-straight relationship in the MCU. I know she’s Marvel’s blonde haired, blue eyed everygirl, so it’s unlikely they’d to that to her. But at the very least, I hope they don’t give her any male love interests.

Valkyrie is an obvious choice, but she needs more attention as a lead character.

Bucky could certainly come out as gay or bi. Even after flirting with Sam’s sister.

Other than that, I just think they have to develop and promote some of the new characters as a-listers. It’s hard to see that with, for example, the Eternals. But they turned Gamora into an a-list character, so maybe they can do it with someone else. Could Shang Chi be gay without causing an international incident with China or running afoul of some stereotype I’m not aware of?

On the flip side, women and POC are fantastically represented.
He/him/his