Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

The Flash movie

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

The Flash movie

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 Aug 2022, 18:25

This is the thread for The Flash theatrical movie, which may or may not ever come out.
The "Flash Series" thread, on the other hand, is for The CW's The Flash TV series.
Now you don't need to cross the streams!

WorldWideWade

Re: The Flash movie

Post by WorldWideWade » 05 Aug 2022, 18:57

Except the multiverse streams have already been crossed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths saga. I would be surprised if Grant Gustin didn't have a cameo in the Flash movie.

Rumors swirl that the new head of Warner is demanding reshoots of the end of this movie, most likely to prevent all the set-up that the supposed reboot was leading into. My best guess is that Keaton will still be in the movie but his taking over the mantle in the proper DCEU moving forward will be scrapped. This is supported by the reshoots happening on Aquaman 2 where it looks like Ben Affleck may be redoing the scenes that Keaton was supposed to be in.
Books to be excited for:
The X-cellent, Immortal X-men, X-men Red, Knights of X, X-men XCII, She-Hulk

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 05 Aug 2022, 22:53

I really just don't understand how DC has failed so badly at movies. I'm going to blame the fact they never really tried to start at the beginning. Not origin stories, but the slower build of characters. We had two movies then Justice League. We haven't had a single Flash movie and we're STARTING with Flashpoint.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 Aug 2022, 11:50

I’m honestly surprised that this movie doesn’t seem to be getting absolutely canned due to the controversy around Ezra Miller. This is the same studio who’ve cut ties with Depp AND cut Heard’s scenes in Aquaman 2 due to their legal woes, have absolutely screwed the pooch on any kind of promotion for Fantastic Beasts the [noun] of [proper noun] which I assume is due to Joanne’s views on trans folk, yet they’re going to go ahead with releasing a movie starring someone caught on camera assaulting a woman, who’s been arrested twice in Hawaii for dubious behaviour AND has an array of really sinister accusations against them regarding a minor?

NEXT
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Aug 2022, 19:58

Supposedly, the film has been testing really well with audiences. Having said that, Ezra Miller seems to be getting creepier by the day to the point that I don't see any future for the character. There was a recent article with more people coming forward about their interactions with Miller and... well... if even half of that is true, it might be only a matter of time before something trully tragic comes to light.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2022, 21:09

Isn’t he currently traveling across the country, armed and running from the KKK and the FBI (in his head)?

Which all things considered, is an interesting “delusion” to have…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Aug 2022, 21:29

Traveling armed across the country has the potential to go horribly wrong given what has been claimed about his mental state and the numerous murder threats he is said to have made.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2022, 22:56

Oh that is unquestionably…that is the worst case scenario. But given his money, it makes sense he could even make it to that point. It would be really hard for one of us to be in his situation and still be free.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Aug 2022, 04:05

Nah, we can't have Batgirl, but we can have The Flash which is now starring someone charged with burglary? Someone needs to get Miller help because they are a danger to everyone.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ezra ... 235336304/
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 09 Aug 2022, 04:08

The Descent of Ezra Miller continues, with an arrest for burglary in Vermont.

He's an oddball, alright...

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Aug 2022, 11:31

We passed oddball long ago. They're a menace to society at this point.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Aug 2022, 12:39

tokenBG1009 wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 11:31
We passed oddball long ago. They're a menace to society at this point.
Yeah…like Ezra is now at “Needs to be stopped by eccentric genius detective and lady-cop partner” territory now…like Castle, The Mentalist, Elementary, Criminal Minds, etc level baddie.
-Cly

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Aug 2022, 13:04

I saw it said that this was a felony charge. If the police located them and notified them of the charges, why were they not arrested?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Aug 2022, 13:31

Rich?
-Cly

norwichchris

Post by norwichchris » 09 Aug 2022, 13:46

I really was looking forward to this film but after all the controversy surrounding Ezra Miller doubt it will ever actually be released. If so really hope Ben Affleck returns as Batman or the timeline is altered to include the New Batman (actor?).

DC problems started with Batman Vs Superman which had a LOTR Troll Doomsday look alike instead of Ultra Metallo which sounded far better. Then Whedon came along and altered Justice League far to much as well as alienating half the cast somehow.

All the parts with Darkseid should have remained and the general tone stayed the same.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 Aug 2022, 16:02

Unless something changes, it was confirmed as of last week by the new WB CEO David Zaslav that the Flash is still getting a theatrical release.

Of course, something might change, but from what I heard, this determination was based on how well the Flash tested with audiences. Same for Batgirl's cancellation.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.