Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

League of Legends: Arcane

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Post Reply
User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Nov 2021, 17:20

Anyone watch this yet? First three episodes are out on Netflix and I absolutely loved everything about it. Even if you know nothing about League lore, and most people don't, you'll enjoy this immensely.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 22 Nov 2021, 23:32

Final part came out. Nine episodes total and each one had me glued to the screen in a way no show has in forever. I felt like a little kid again waiting anxiously for the next Saturday so I could watch more cartoons.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5249
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Anna Raven » 23 Nov 2021, 07:04

Yup this has been awesome. I need to watch the final three.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Nov 2021, 01:30

Anna Raven wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 07:04
Yup this has been awesome. I need to watch the final three.
I thought I'd be alone in watching it here! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5249
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Anna Raven » 24 Nov 2021, 05:58

tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 01:30
Anna Raven wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 07:04
Yup this has been awesome. I need to watch the final three.
I thought I'd be alone in watching it here! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
The animation is amazing!! I've never even played League of Legends but the world is very cool and the characters are interesting to me.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Nov 2021, 17:09

Anna Raven wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 05:58
tokenBG1009 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 01:30
Anna Raven wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 07:04
Yup this has been awesome. I need to watch the final three.
I thought I'd be alone in watching it here! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
The animation is amazing!! I've never even played League of Legends but the world is very cool and the characters are interesting to me.
I played some Legends of Runeterra (think Hearthstone for League) but had no exposure to the lore so all of this was fresh for me as well. The character storylines are fantastic. I'm probably going to do a rewatch this weekend.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 6030
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Dec 2021, 01:55

I feel bad for every other animated series that debuted this year.

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 29 Dec 2021, 23:27

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 01:55
I feel bad for every other animated series that debuted this year.
It's rough out there. I would be shocked if Arcane doesn't get some nods in typical "anime" spaces.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya


User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23464
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jan 2022, 03:58

So 2 episodes deep…

So jayce is an alien?

Also, best tv series based in a video game, ever?
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 11 Jan 2022, 00:45

Blackcyclops wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 03:58
So 2 episodes deep…

So jayce is an alien?

Also, best tv series based in a video game, ever?
It'ss not really explained why Jayce and his mother are out there, but he's from Piltover as well.

Also, yes. Easily.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23464
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Jan 2022, 01:35

Are you sure? It looked like to me that they were transported to another world by the gem…or at least another land
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 6030
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Jan 2022, 02:02

They just got stuck in a blizzard whilst away from their hometown.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23464
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Blackcyclops » 14 Jan 2022, 22:10

Okay so I’m 6 episodes deep…this animation (which reminds me of the Spider-verse) is now my preferred style lol…I legit love this show.

Like honestly, I could imagine a truly epic Marvel Cosmic TV series with the same animation style…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2022, 02:55

Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 22:10
Okay so I’m 6 episodes deep…this animation (which reminds me of the Spider-verse) is now my preferred style lol…I legit love this show.

Like honestly, I could imagine a truly epic Marvel Cosmic TV series with the same animation style…
I'd watch so many shows with Arcane's animation. Honestly, I'd prefer most adaptations to be animated after Arcane and Castlevania has brought it to the front.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5249
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2022, 03:00

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 02:55
Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 22:10
Okay so I’m 6 episodes deep…this animation (which reminds me of the Spider-verse) is now my preferred style lol…I legit love this show.

Like honestly, I could imagine a truly epic Marvel Cosmic TV series with the same animation style…
I'd watch so many shows with Arcane's animation. Honestly, I'd prefer most adaptations to be animated after Arcane and Castlevania has brought it to the front.
You guys should check out The Legend of Vox Machina when it comes out January 28th on Amazon Prime. It looks really fun and silly but also epic and with great animation.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2022, 03:02

Anna Raven wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 03:00
tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 02:55
Blackcyclops wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 22:10
Okay so I’m 6 episodes deep…this animation (which reminds me of the Spider-verse) is now my preferred style lol…I legit love this show.

Like honestly, I could imagine a truly epic Marvel Cosmic TV series with the same animation style…
I'd watch so many shows with Arcane's animation. Honestly, I'd prefer most adaptations to be animated after Arcane and Castlevania has brought it to the front.
You guys should check out The Legend of Vox Machina when it comes out January 28th on Amazon Prime. It looks really fun and silly but also epic and with great animation.
I'll check it out. I'm not all that big on Critical Role, but I enjoy a good story regardless.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5249
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2022, 03:30

tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 03:02
Anna Raven wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 03:00
tokenBG1009 wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 02:55


I'd watch so many shows with Arcane's animation. Honestly, I'd prefer most adaptations to be animated after Arcane and Castlevania has brought it to the front.
You guys should check out The Legend of Vox Machina when it comes out January 28th on Amazon Prime. It looks really fun and silly but also epic and with great animation.
I'll check it out. I'm not all that big on Critical Role, but I enjoy a good story regardless.
From the trailers it looks like they are adapting it to be more more streamlined.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23464
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Jan 2022, 06:00

If you told me that each episode was 2hrs long, I’d believe you…they put so much story in each episode, it blows my mind lol…

Like your average anime puts like 10 minutes of original content in each episode…hell an episode of Arrow (on a good day) would take as much as 4 of it’s episodes to have as much characterization 1 episode of this show.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6944
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: League of Legends: Arcane

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Jan 2022, 00:13

I'm happy you enjoyed it. Now you can hang out with the rest of us as we wait out 2022 to get a Season 2 in, hopefully, 2023.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Post Reply