Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Mutants film announced!

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: New Mutants film announced!

Post by Anna Raven » 21 Nov 2020, 03:04

New Mutants will be streaming on Amazon and Apple TV for $20 soon. Not sure if I should shell out the money or wait a few more months and see if they finally put it on Disney+.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

Cable

Post by Cable » 21 Nov 2020, 21:09

It's better than almost all the other Fox X-Men movies.
Best Comics of Week 48

Best X-Comic: X-Men #15 by Jonathan Hickman (10) and Mahmud Asrar (2)
Best Non-X Comic: Shang-Chi #3 by Gene Yang (1) and Dike Ruan (2)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic of the week this year

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 21 Nov 2020, 21:18

I saw it, it is better than some... especially if you had never read about the comic book characters and were just seeing this movie as a stand-alone thing.

They made some (IMO unneccessary) changes to the characters, that hardly did anything for the plot.... for instance, Sam
Spoiler: show
isn't invulnerable while blasting, and he killed several miners when his powers first manifested.

Roberto's power isn't just strength, he also heats up in Sunspot form,whilch is how his girlfriend died. Illyana was apparently molested as a child and she "escaped to her happy place", aka Limbo. Dani & Rahne are more than friends here, on the verge of exploring a same-sex relationship.

And Dani's illusion power, scary as it is, has a tangible physical element here... or else the entire plot wouldn't work. It's more like she physically manfests someone's greatest fear.
Last edited by Lavettye on 22 Nov 2020, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
[PL_2.0]

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 22 Nov 2020, 00:55

I think I'll keep waiting. Eventually it will hit a streaming platform I own.
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout
X-Men - Krakoa: Avalanche | Black Tom | Lila Cheney | Shadowcat | Outlaw | Blob | Puck II | Gin Genie | Dr. Nemesis | Banshee | Wolverine | Beast

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 23 Nov 2020, 00:33

I saw it, I enjoyed it, I don't know why they had to make Illyana an asshole and somewhat racist towards Dani, and I think that Roberto should have definitely been casted as a darker person, but all in all I enjoyed it.

Gotta say, Magik was amazing and the fact that she was kidnapped, maybe trafficked, abused and such, was very interesting.

I wish Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams could reprise their roles in the MCU, because they were perfectly casted, I actually wouldn't mind a sequel to this movie.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 26 Nov 2020, 04:35

Anna Raven wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 03:04
New Mutants will be streaming on Amazon and Apple TV for $20 soon. Not sure if I should shell out the money or wait a few more months and see if they finally put it on Disney+.
$5.99 on Amazon.

Overpriced.

Apart from a few good lines of dialogue, it was very bad. Terrible production, acting, story, etc. There were a handful of not bad ideas—Dani and Rahne, for example—but poorly executed. There was virtually no characterization. And the effects were bad, bad, bad. Green screen was so obvious throughout.
He/him/his