Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Stargirl

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Anna Raven

Re: Stargirl

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jun 2020, 21:12

sambadaemon wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 14:09
That cat creeps me out every time it's on screen. I can't help thinking of Teekl. Jakeem got name-dropped! And Mike is no longer my most hated non-villain. Yolanda's parents are the worst.
They ARE terrible. The grandma too with her little disapproving smirk.

I thought this was the best episode so far though. It was a very tight plot, well paced, no boring moments. Hopefully they are starting to hit their stride.
X-Men Editorial 2: Wolverine | Shadowcat | Beast | Deadpool | Sabretooth | Puck | Pixie | Toad | Prodigy | Eques | Vange Whedon |Snowbird | Wolfsbane
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 29 Jun 2020, 23:31

I knew the janitor had to be significant, but I never would have guessed he was
Spoiler: show
Shining Knight

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Jul 2020, 01:39

Beth Chapel's parents starved because she didn't make them lunch.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 15 Jul 2020, 01:20

Will Merry, Girl of a 1,000 Gimmicks, appear as Brainwave Jr.’s mom beyond a mere photograph?

Dragon King courteously asks if he can sit, has his servants pull out his chair, & then quickly rises for his dramatic pronouncement.

It must be so embarrassing that The Fiddler II hired Shining Knight as janitor. How’d he clear the background check?

I’m surprised the Mahkents invoked Niflheim rather than Jotunheim.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 15 Jul 2020, 13:48

I'm guessing that Brainwave did something to Sir Justin and they made him the janitor as punishment. And in the real Eddas, Niflheim was the land of cold and mist, and the home of the rime-giants, what we know as frost giants, so I think they either ARE frost giants or at least are empowered by them.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jul 2020, 14:40

Yeh Niflheim is an even creepier version of Jotunheim basically.
X-Men Editorial 2: Wolverine | Shadowcat | Beast | Deadpool | Sabretooth | Puck | Pixie | Toad | Prodigy | Eques | Vange Whedon |Snowbird | Wolfsbane
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 21 Jul 2020, 14:22

Wow. It's a little early for all that, isn't it?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 29 Jul 2020, 04:49

There are eight Seven Soldiers of Victory.

"Or I'll make up your mind for you" is most unnerving ultimatum a telepath can give.

No reference to Stargirl's dad being in The Royal Flush Gang.

Pat Dugan is best dad.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 29 Jul 2020, 13:17

The way they introduced her father by focusing on his boots and jeans, I fully expected them to reveal that his name actually was an alias, but for Greg Saunders instead of Star-Man. And that's the second person who has commented on how many "Seven Soldiers" there were. I guess nobody ever had the heart to tell Wing he didn't count.

I also think Shining Knight was a test run for the "machine". It's telling that it's not exactly perfect brainwashing, since it's wearing off. I wouldn't be surprised if the ISA temporarily succeeds at the end of the season finale.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 30 Jul 2020, 00:23

Why does the Cosmic Staff refuse to do anything for Courtney while she believes she's unworthy for not being Starman's daughter even though it wasn't under this impression when it chose her?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 30 Jul 2020, 18:15

I thought it was her confidence that caused it to choose her in the first place, and the loss of that made it stop working. It didn't choose her because she was Star-Man's daughter, but she decided it did and attached her confidence as Star-Girl to that belief. When that was dashed, she lost her confidence. The loss of confidence, not the loss of the belief is what made it stop working. When she regained that by believing in her own abilities, it started working for her again. I think that's why it seems to be stronger now, because her new belief is rooted in herself instead of chance.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 Jul 2020, 19:08

I thought it had something to do with Pat telling the staff to leave her alone, it was too dangerous for her to be Stargirl, but I guess maybe they resolved that plotline?

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 30 Jul 2020, 19:14

Anna Raven wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 19:08
I thought it had something to do with Pat telling the staff to leave her alone, it was too dangerous for her to be Stargirl, but I guess maybe they resolved that plotline?
That might have been it, now that you mention it. It only started working again when he showed the staff that he supported her doing it. Both of her parents being there could explain why the glow was much stronger, too.