Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Justice League Movie finishing by Joss Whedon

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Gremlin

Re: Justice League Movie finishing by Joss Whedon

Post by Gremlin » 21 May 2020, 22:08

People forget that Snyder also did Man of Steel and it was a bad film. The phrase polishing a turd seems to apply here.

This whole situation is around because DC fanboys are desperate to salvage what’s left of the attempt at a DCEU. The heads at D.C. went super dark and gritty and the general audience didn’t go for it. Deal with it.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 21 May 2020, 22:14

WB was never just going to give away the Snyder Cut away for free. They didn't give away the Donner Cut, & that was less of a financial sinkhole. It's estimated it'll cost $20-20 million in effects & editing. (This sounds less terrible if you consider the money is going to help keep some animation workshops afloat while new films aren't being made.)
WB is building good faith by releasing formerly exclusive content like Harley Quinn, Stargirl, & Swamp Thing on The CW & SyFy.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 22 May 2020, 13:11

Okay, I re-watched last night after hearing this news and I have a question. Is this movie supposed to take place before or after Aquaman? Arthur makes a couple references in Aquaman about the things that happen in this movie, but here he's clearly already king of Atlantis (and knows Mera, who he meets for the first time in Aquaman).

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 22 May 2020, 17:22

Not just post production, but Grace Randolph reported that WB Gabe Snyder $15m to do re-shoots too.
He/him/his

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 22 May 2020, 20:40

JL takes place before Aquaman. JL is also where he first meets Mera before becoming King of Atlantis.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 22 May 2020, 23:16

He meets her in JL and then in Aquaman he says I never learned your name, and she introduced herself finally. So I can see why you might be confused.
X-Men Editorial 2: Wolverine | Shadowcat | Beast | Deadpool | Sabretooth | Puck | Pixie | Toad | Prodigy | Eques | Vange Whedon |Snowbird | Wolfsbane
X-Men Generations: Rogue | X-23 | Colossus | Juggernaut | Bruiser | Blink | Scout