Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Shang-Chi movie in the works

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV

EphemeristX

Re: Shang-Chi movie in the works

Post by EphemeristX » 03 Dec 2018, 23:10

Oooh. I could be down with this. There's so much cool stuff in that corner of the universe that's been largely unexplored (even though we almost got it with Iron Fist season 3).
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 04 Dec 2018, 07:23

Back door MI13 pilot?
X-Editorial:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8412&p=177877#p177877
Thunderbolts: Zemo, Crossbones, Sin, Viper

Cable

Post by Cable » 04 Dec 2018, 17:34

Spectral Knight wrote:
04 Dec 2018, 07:23
Back door MI13 pilot?
Considering Marvel is probably eying the big-money Chinese action movie market, sadly I would not be surprised if his connection to British intelligence is completely scrubbed from his background in order to mollify the Communist Party.

I would hope they would have more of a spine than that but most corporations are choosing profits over ethics.
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #4

Best non X-Comic last week: Amazing Spider-Man #17

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 04 Dec 2018, 18:19

You just made me realize I want an Agents of ATLAS TV series. It could be weird and kooky and it could air on D+.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 05 Dec 2018, 11:43

@Cable - I was mostly posting in jest, but I'd LOVE a Wisdom / MI13 live-action series.

@Exph X - Yes...that too...! Not sure if the take on Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man + The Wasp would work for this though.
X-Editorial:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8412&p=177877#p177877
Thunderbolts: Zemo, Crossbones, Sin, Viper

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Dec 2018, 20:24

Well, there are lots of ways to handle it. Recast, different character, say "every third person in Korea is a Woo", set the show in the 50s and make it his grandad or something.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 05 Dec 2018, 20:59

I'd want them to keep the same Jimmy Woo for contrast. If they have to, they can throw in something about amnesia.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 05 Dec 2018, 23:12

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 20:59
I'd want them to keep the same Jimmy Woo for contrast. If they have to, they can throw in something about amnesia.
I'd love that version of Jimmy Woo as part of Agents of Atlas. It could be a comedy! I mean come on it's got a talking gorilla!
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Dec 2018, 22:23

Marvel's track record of reinvigorating obscure characters for the masses is stellar. Everything should be fine so long as they don’t let Scott Buck touch it.

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Mar 2019, 22:47

Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #4

Best non X-Comic last week: Amazing Spider-Man #17

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 14 Mar 2019, 17:17

If phase four really consists of:
BP 2
Doctor Strange 2
Shang Chi
Black Widow
The Eternals

and hopefully
CM2
Ant Man & Wasp 3

I’ll be pretty pleased.

If it can sustain the success of the first three phases, I’ll be astonished.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 14 Mar 2019, 21:56

Nu-D wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 17:17
If phase four really consists of:
BP 2
Doctor Strange 2
Shang Chi
Black Widow
The Eternals

and hopefully
CM2
Ant Man & Wasp 3

I’ll be pretty pleased.

If it can sustain the success of the first three phases, I’ll be astonished.
I'll honestly be surprised if we get another Ant-man movie. I think the last one only made a moderate profit compared to most Marvel movies and the response from most people seemed to be pretty meh.

Substitute Ant-man 3 for Spider-man 3 and I think the slate looks fairly accurate. I do think we will get some kind of Fantastic Four movie towards the end of the phase and a seeding of mutants throughout the various films.

Also I expect a New Avengers type film and Ms Marvel (Kamala) somewhere in the mix.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 14 Mar 2019, 23:41

I guess I don’t care that much about another Paur Rudd movie. But I’ll be disappointed if Evangeline Lilly doesn’t get a chance to really take the spotlight.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Mar 2019, 13:23

I want a third Ant-Man/Wasp movie just because we got all these nice toys at the end of the second and haven't gotten a chance to play with them. Evangeline Lilly and Michelle Pfieffer as Wasps? Sign me the hell up.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Mar 2019, 15:07

I think Paul Rudd as Ant-Man gets judge alil more harshly than say Chris Pratt by some, honestly, as the character he is because 1)he isn’t an OG of the MCU, 2)Ant-man isn’t a hero that comic fans or the GP was clamoring for, 3) Ant-man as a character/concept isn’t as interesting to the GP as a Thor or Black Panther) and 4) if we’re being honest he’s a straight, jokey-white dude at a time when we got just sooooo many of them on the big screen.

If his films had been stretched out and given time to breathe and expand (along with the same budget for special effects as a film) as a TV series (like a 13 episode series on Hulu with season 1 ending like how the second film did!) instead of a big cinematic movie, I think he would have been much better received in the role and the idea of Ant-Man and the Wasp would be higher on people’s list.

I think Rudd does a great job at being funny, competent but not soooo super-competent like Captain America, that there is a relatability there. Plus, the relationship (and chemistry) with him and his daughter is actually pretty cool. Really, I love that he has an ex-wife and she has a husband that he came to be cool with it. It’s a mature thing that gets overlooked alot and something that most non-“serious” dramas don’t pull out nearly as well. Plus a TV series would have given time to shine more light on the supporting cast without worrying about bloating a film. And scale-wise, it fits better in my mind.

But really if you had made him a Black dude or made it Wasp film first, Ant-Man and the Wasp just aren’t as cinematic of a concept or characters beyond the special effects. But his social identity doesn’t help it either.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 17 Mar 2019, 01:51

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked both Ant Man movies, and thought Rudd was great. I also have really liked him in the team films and I’m looking forward to his role in Endgame.

I just want more of Evangeline Lilly. I want he character better developed and I want to see her have relationships with people other than her dad and her boyfriend. If we got no more Rudd, I wouldn’t be upset because it’s just more of his sctick. But we’ve seen little of Lilly, so I want more.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 17 Mar 2019, 02:00

I want Wasp vs. Whirlwind!