Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

New Animated Marvel Shows Coming

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
Cable

New Animated Marvel Shows Coming

Post by Cable » 11 Feb 2019, 17:33

Four cartoons (that they suggest are more for adult audiences) will come to Hulu and then crossover with each other in a special, similar to how Netflix did with Defenders.

The shows are

MODOK
Hit-Monkey
Tigra and Dazzler
Howard the Duck
Best X-Comic last week: Uncanny X-Men #16
Best non X-Comic last week: Avengers No Road Home #10

Blackcyclops

Re: New Animated Marvel Shows Coming

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Feb 2019, 17:56

That is one ecletic ass lineup...

Even though I’m not a fan of Chelsea Handler, I did love Girl’s Trip, so I do really look forward to Tigra and Dazzler
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 11 Feb 2019, 18:55

Tigra and Dazzler?? That's an odd one. Like seriously why those two characters together? That said I will watch the s**t out of it.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Feb 2019, 20:23

Gremlin wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 18:55
Tigra and Dazzler?? That's an odd one. Like seriously why those two characters together? That said I will watch the s**t out of it.

Well the beauty of Tigra is that you can cast a person of any ethnicity to voice her because she’s covered in fur and nobody is going to be too bent out of shape...so that allows you to be more diverse. So maybe that’s why?

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 11 Feb 2019, 21:13

Gremlin wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 18:55
Yes, that was my initial reaction as well. However, the more I think of this pairing, I'm beginning to see the reasoning behind it. Both characters have great, instantly recognizable visuals & powers, and perfectly fitting, self-explaining codenames. That's great from a marketing point of view.

That said, neither character is likely to appear in a movie or TV show any time soon. CGI is rather expensive when it comes to generating hair or fur in motion. (see Medusa in Inhumans) The other option would be to have some stunt woman wear a fur suit, but depending on what stunts they'd pull, it might not look realistic and cat-like enough. Dazzler's light effects are equally difficult to get right. As she is generating the light from her body, she would mostly appear in the dark herself when using her powers, (think of a person standing behind a light source), and viewers would rather want to see her facial expressions when she does something. Just look at that 80ies cover for Dazzler #21, where they used a foto of an actual model and two light spheres. Dazzler's powers would also need to be handled differently from, let's say Marcus or Cyclops, who basically just shoot one type of energy beam, as she can alter her light output in many different ways. It probably could be done, but such a project would need a big budget for special effects.

Additionally the two characters seem to meet certain stereotypes that the producers might think girls can relate with: a pop princess and a rebellious fighter. They do bounce off each other quite nicely, though. There's instinct and talent, a wild streak and a dreamer. Add to that the "opposites attract" element, that TV likes to make use of in all female friends shows, and this could really work.(Cagney & Lacey, Rizzoli & Isles, etc.) Until it eventually happened in the comics I wouldn't have thought the pairings of She-Hulk and Hellcat or Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman had much to offer, but those friendships turned out really well, and I could see this sort of thing working for Dazzler and Tigra too.
Last edited by Lavettye on 12 Feb 2019, 01:54, edited 3 times in total.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Feb 2019, 21:33

Very true...both those friendships are some of my favorite comics

My X-Men Draft Picks:

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 11 Feb 2019, 22:27

I know how much you all love Dazzler but clearly the most exciting thing being announced is a Howard the Duck cartoon.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 12 Feb 2019, 01:08

I too will watch the shit out of Tigra and Dazzler. A surprising combo, but a dope one.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Feb 2019, 01:33

Tigra & Dazzler? I'm into it. The rest? Maybe.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Feb 2019, 01:59

I guarantee our corner of the internet is one of the few that feels that way lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Feb 2019, 06:05

Tigra and Dazzler is the only series I'm really looking forward to. The others are all meh, but I'm happy we're getting more animated content.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 12 Feb 2019, 06:44

Howard the Duck could be fantastic, or it could be Lucas levels of eugh. I'm worried they'll get the tone completely wrong on this one. A MODOK headed (no pun intended) show sounds like fun, and could be a dose of camp, slightly juvenile silliness or a decent sci-fi action show depending on the angle taken. The other two are odd choices for show leads
X-Editorial:viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8412&p=177877#p177877
Thunderbolts: Zemo, Crossbones, Sin, Viper, Swordsman, Diamondback, Crimson Cowl, Jack O'Lantern

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 Feb 2019, 23:33

It seems like Marvel & DC are now competing for who can make the weirdest media announcements.

Tigra & Dazzler are being smushed together despite not being pals in the comics?
Of course we were also supposed to have TV shows for Damage Control, New Warriors, Most Wanted, another unnamed ABC show, & a Deadpool cartoon by now.

Cable

Post by Cable » 13 Feb 2019, 19:34

Here the creators of the MODOK show give an idea of what it will be like
Best X-Comic last week: Uncanny X-Men #16
Best non X-Comic last week: Avengers No Road Home #10

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 14 Feb 2019, 22:38

As for Tigra and Dazzler, if you can team Spiderman up with Firestar and Iceman and create one of the most beloved cartoons of its era, I don’t see why this can’t work.