Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-men: The Gifted

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EphemeristX

Re: X-men: The Gifted

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Oct 2018, 12:52

I'd also like a human who isn't related to a mutant to be a sympathizer.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Oct 2018, 18:14

I did snort when Eclipse called Vange the "Lizard of Oz". I think somebody said last season that Sentinel Services guy will end up being X-Cutioner, and I agree with that. Something that bothers me this season is that Esme seems to be the Cuckoo who has the most problem with what they're doing. If they're all identical anyway, don't reverse their personalities like that. Sophie was a true hero.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Oct 2018, 13:56

Sophie was also imprisoned for the vast chunk of last season. Esme’s the one who hasn’t been embittered by prison and has been out in the world; she’s actively seen the Struckers side with Mutants and trying to protect the underground, whereas the other two have just seen humanity imprisoning and torturing Mutants. It makes more sense that Esme’s the sister that’s wavering.

This episode felt a little slower due to no real fight scenes but actually, we see a lot.

-Marcos’ back Story with his father and how it’s the total opposite of his own situation with Dawn.
-The Morlocks and their “M” brand as well as the pitch to Clarice to join them.
-Everyone knows Reed is a mutant now
-Sentinel Service’s man just gets more and more intense
-Reeva subtly manipulating Andy to become visibly active against his former allies. Also, her power seems to be very ill-defined, and that annoys me somewhat.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Oct 2018, 03:35

Was that Morlock supposed to be Bishop? Did they ever say his name?
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Oct 2018, 05:58

The leader of the Morlocks? That was Erg.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Oct 2018, 07:30

These Morlocks were underwhelming. They cut M's into their own faces?
I guess the green goo Moorlock is Membrain?

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 11 Oct 2018, 16:24

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 07:30
They cut M's into their own faces?
I guess it's the Gifted version of Masque deliberately messing with people's appearance to make it clear they are Morlocks like s/he did to Kitty and Katie Power (and maybe to Calisto but I was never sure if she was originally pretty or that was just a result of the Siege Perilous).

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 11 Oct 2018, 19:20

Was that female Morlock with the conspicuous staff supposed to be who I think it was?

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 17 Oct 2018, 13:37

This most recent episode really diminished my esteem for the Mutant Underground in comparison to The Inner Circle, and it was already hard for me to think of them as "good guys and bad guys" to begin with. In this episode, the mutant underground put a lot of their PERSONAL agendas first and did a lot of morally reprehensible sh*t in the name of them. At least the Hellfire Club was doing bad things for a greater cause.

Good episode, but, yikes.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Oct 2018, 14:00

I just can’t believe the Purifiers are being used so close to how they actually are...just never thought I’d see them on tv/film.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 17 Oct 2018, 16:36

Thunderbird and Blink are quickly becoming the only characters I really care about. I like the Cuckoos too, but as villains, I'm not really sympathetic to them.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 17 Oct 2018, 20:37

Who was the mutant the mutant at the end? I want to say Phantazia or Dragoness.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2018, 20:59

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 20:37
Looking at the trailer? I don’t think it’s either of them. If this is a total random mutant or new character, i’ll Be beyond annoyed
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 19 Oct 2018, 20:20

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 20:37
I considered Wanda at first, but that'd be too big. Maybe Irma or Celeste?

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 21 Oct 2018, 18:18

I think that if there were more Cuckoos, probably Reeva wouldn't want to dedicate too many resources to rescuing them. I imagine her control of the Cuckoos is as tenuous as it ought to be and if there are other living Cuckoos, their presence would tip the scales in a way I don't imagine Reeva wants to risk.

I'm willing to bet this is some rando, but we'll see!
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Oct 2018, 20:29

That said, the actor who plays the Cuckoos did say something along the lines of there’s more than 3 of them this season in interviews i’ve seen online....

medium13

Post by medium13 » 23 Oct 2018, 17:30

I'd be excited if this is Phantasia or some other D-Lister. If it's an unknown or non canon mutant that would be a let down. I didn't care for this episode. Caitlin went up to the plate for interrogation for her family, but didn't come through. Was what she was doing so morally reprehensible? I actually didn't think so. Unsavory certainly, but I didn't see a real, moral dilemma. She didn't create any of those circumstances for the cyberpath. I also think there wasn't enough going on in the asylum. We only caught hints of things and it felt anti-climatic, almost cliche. Why did all the inmates start attacking each other ? Just because or did I miss apart about them being controlled to do so? Felt bad Lauren got knocked on her ass.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 25 Oct 2018, 23:31

medium13 wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 17:30
I'd be excited if this is Phantasia or some other D-Lister. If it's an unknown or non canon mutant that would be a let down. I didn't care for this episode. Caitlin went up to the plate for interrogation for her family, but didn't come through. Was what she was doing so morally reprehensible? I actually didn't think so. Unsavory certainly, but I didn't see a real, moral dilemma. She didn't create any of those circumstances for the cyberpath. I also think there wasn't enough going on in the asylum. We only caught hints of things and it felt anti-climatic, almost cliche. Why did all the inmates start attacking each other ? Just because or did I miss apart about them being controlled to do so? Felt bad Lauren got knocked on her ass.
Did she make the man an addict? No. Did she cooperate with her team of "good guys" to tie a man up, inject him with drugs and endanger his life because of something she wanted not as a matter of "doing the right thing" but because she wanted to see her son, a pretty selfish motivation in the grand scheme of things? Yes. And while I'm not condemning her for that, it's kind of hard for me to understand what's so bad about the Inner Circle of the good guys are willing to do stuff like this. Seems to me that they might as well just join hands if they're willing to do stuff like that because they feel the (individualistic, selfish) ends justify the means.

Why not just ask to join the inner circle instead of almost killing a guy if you don't care what you have to do to get your son back?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 31 Oct 2018, 04:41

It's a brand new mutie named Rebecca a.k.a. Twist.

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 31 Oct 2018, 14:29

I didn't really care about this episode that much and have found myself missing Reeva for the past two episodes. Without her, the Club seems entirely too juvenile, which is a shame because the Frost Sisters came off as more competent and powerful in the previous season.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 01 Nov 2018, 01:40

The light mutant, was that supposed to be Dazzler? With the concert manifestation being a nod? And possibly the Ceremony of Light?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Nov 2018, 05:02

No she's another new character called Glow.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 01 Nov 2018, 17:36

This... was not worth a two week wait.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Nov 2018, 22:51

I concur. Fie on baseball!
Getting branded so you can live in the sewers & live off whatever the Morlocks steal is a terrible longterm plan.
Why can’t Blink just teleport the aslum escapees to the Mutant Underground station in Baltimore with Shatter?
While her powers are nifty, I’m disappointed the Inner Circle recruited a non-canon character.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 02 Nov 2018, 02:06

It’s literally a plot device power. It’s so ridiculous. Polaris can manipulate the workings of a safe magnetically. Andy could... whatever his powers actually are at a safe. It’s a great visual but... I don’t get it.