Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

X-men: The Gifted

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EphemeristX

Re: X-men: The Gifted

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Oct 2018, 12:52

I'd also like a human who isn't related to a mutant to be a sympathizer.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 09 Oct 2018, 18:14

I did snort when Eclipse called Vange the "Lizard of Oz". I think somebody said last season that Sentinel Services guy will end up being X-Cutioner, and I agree with that. Something that bothers me this season is that Esme seems to be the Cuckoo who has the most problem with what they're doing. If they're all identical anyway, don't reverse their personalities like that. Sophie was a true hero.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Oct 2018, 13:56

Sophie was also imprisoned for the vast chunk of last season. Esme’s the one who hasn’t been embittered by prison and has been out in the world; she’s actively seen the Struckers side with Mutants and trying to protect the underground, whereas the other two have just seen humanity imprisoning and torturing Mutants. It makes more sense that Esme’s the sister that’s wavering.

This episode felt a little slower due to no real fight scenes but actually, we see a lot.

-Marcos’ back Story with his father and how it’s the total opposite of his own situation with Dawn.
-The Morlocks and their “M” brand as well as the pitch to Clarice to join them.
-Everyone knows Reed is a mutant now
-Sentinel Service’s man just gets more and more intense
-Reeva subtly manipulating Andy to become visibly active against his former allies. Also, her power seems to be very ill-defined, and that annoys me somewhat.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Oct 2018, 03:35

Was that Morlock supposed to be Bishop? Did they ever say his name?
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 11 Oct 2018, 05:58

The leader of the Morlocks? That was Erg.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Oct 2018, 07:30

These Morlocks were underwhelming. They cut M's into their own faces?
I guess the green goo Moorlock is Membrain?

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 11 Oct 2018, 16:24

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 07:30
They cut M's into their own faces?
I guess it's the Gifted version of Masque deliberately messing with people's appearance to make it clear they are Morlocks like s/he did to Kitty and Katie Power (and maybe to Calisto but I was never sure if she was originally pretty or that was just a result of the Siege Perilous).

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 11 Oct 2018, 19:20

Was that female Morlock with the conspicuous staff supposed to be who I think it was?

InsipidLust

Post by InsipidLust » 17 Oct 2018, 13:37

This most recent episode really diminished my esteem for the Mutant Underground in comparison to The Inner Circle, and it was already hard for me to think of them as "good guys and bad guys" to begin with. In this episode, the mutant underground put a lot of their PERSONAL agendas first and did a lot of morally reprehensible sh*t in the name of them. At least the Hellfire Club was doing bad things for a greater cause.

Good episode, but, yikes.
Unity Squad Draft: Monet St. Croix. Mr. Fantastic. Professor Xavier. Doctor Voodoo. Tempus.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Oct 2018, 14:00

I just can’t believe the Purifiers are being used so close to how they actually are...just never thought I’d see them on tv/film.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 17 Oct 2018, 16:36

Thunderbird and Blink are quickly becoming the only characters I really care about. I like the Cuckoos too, but as villains, I'm not really sympathetic to them.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 17 Oct 2018, 20:37

Who was the mutant the mutant at the end? I want to say Phantazia or Dragoness.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2018, 20:59

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 20:37
Who was the mutant the mutant at the end? I want to say Phantazia or Dragoness.
Looking at the trailer? I don’t think it’s either of them. If this is a total random mutant or new character, i’ll Be beyond annoyed
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)