Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Iron Fist Season 2

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
EvilMonkeyPope

Re: Iron Fist Season 2

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 12 Sep 2018, 01:20

I was unprepared for how good this was. Get me a Typhoid Mary series STAT!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... ker-punch/

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Sep 2018, 02:05

Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 00:53
EphemeristX wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 16:06
Loved this season. The Iron Fist mythos is being explored, and really, it's the most interesting mythos of all of the Defenders shows. I finally finished it last night, and I enjoyed the hell out of the whole thing. 10 episodes was a great number because, for once, I felt like I needed more. There wasn't that dragging middle arc that nobody cares about this time.

I'm still hoping Mary Walker ends up having powers. She was in Sokovia, after all. It's possible she was experimented on alongside Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (and that maybe her powers are an unstable precursor to Wanda's). Bloody Mary may end up being the powered one.

Also, when Colleen's fist went white, I legit whooped. And then she channeled it through her sword! And then Danny got the Orson Randall pistols! And the seven mystical cities thing is being explored! I had such a good time!

I just want an 8 episode season 3 that's just a big martials art tournament...
And give us Fat Cobra!!
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Sep 2018, 22:39

EphemeristX wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 16:06
I'm still hoping Mary Walker ends up having powers. She was in Sokovia, after all. It's possible she was experimented on alongside Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (and that maybe her powers are an unstable precursor to Wanda's). Bloody Mary may end up being the powered one.
Walker remembers being tortured specifically by Sokovians not HYDRA, who merely had a secret base in the country. If her powers are from an experiment it’d be less of a continuity hiccup if the US military/IGH were responsible.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Sep 2018, 23:19

Easily explained away as her having a whole host of mental problems and suffering torture at their hands. She was in Sokovia, the people who tortured her weren't "us" (that we know of), ergo, she said Sokovians.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 13 Sep 2018, 23:49

It's doable but awkward. Since sometimes the Defenders shows don't even say the Avengers' names, I don't think we'll get any references to HYDRA or Loki's Mind Stone scepter. As far as crossovers go, I'd be more interested in Mary going up against Zemo.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Sep 2018, 21:26

Just started this now, and watched the recap. I don’t mind if there’s no season 2 of Defenders, but I hope we’ll continue to get lots of crossovers and guest appearances. These characters should be on regular speaking terms.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » Yesterday, 02:50

Crossovers are the best cure for mid-season blues. They should all be showing up in eachothers' shows (once DD is back in action).
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » Yesterday, 13:10

I will say these actors really really shine together. Moreso than even the Arrowverse folks...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » Yesterday, 18:58

Police code 616: possible suspect with abilities.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » Yesterday, 21:00

I appreciated how the back-half became Daughters Of The Dragon!