Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
RingOtaku

Re: Ant-Man and The Wasp

Post by RingOtaku » 11 Jul 2018, 16:06

Oh don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. But it's like you said, it's enjoyable because it is a smaller movie. Neither Ant-Man is ever going to be my favorite comic book movie, but I'll always be up for watching them. And yes Woo was great, I hope he got the hang of those magic card tricks.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Jul 2018, 16:10

And just like with Spider-man I like that nobody was worrying about saving the entire world...

Also, even though we’d have to wait a long time until she’s an adult, I want the kid playing Cassie here to play Cassie as Stature. Not only was she the best kid in a Marvel movie she might be the best kid in a live action movie like this in a long time...usually all the best kid actors are in “serious” Oscar buzzy films. She felt like the right mix of moppet and real kid that I really loved. Like she did and said things my own daughter actually does or did lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 11 Jul 2018, 16:16

Oh Cassie is the best and I dug her dreaming about being a hero like her dad as a Stature nod. I could see an eventual MCU film doing like a future sneak-peek like we got with the DoFP movie where Cassie has become Stature.

Again bro, I'm not dissing the movie for being a smaller, more personal threat. Homecoming was great for that as it was the story of Spider-Man stepping up his game. But with the vast array of comic book movies we have, it's a mid-card act. And there's nothing wrong with that. It ranks above many movies.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 11 Jul 2018, 23:05

Unfortunately, not every cute little kid goes through a smooth adolescence.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Jul 2018, 00:02

Nu-D wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 23:05
Unfortunately, not every cute little kid goes through a smooth adolescence.

Hey I’m all in for awkward pre-teens versus “perfect” ones lo

My X-Men Draft Picks:

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » 12 Jul 2018, 22:06

I was waiting for Cassie to say her hero name should be Stature. Also, completely agree, I enjoyed Woo and told my friends about Angents of Atlas.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

P-90

Post by P-90 » 12 Jul 2018, 22:25

manuel_mc89 wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 22:06
I was waiting for Cassie to say her hero name should be Stature. Also, completely agree, I enjoyed Woo and told my friends about Angents of Atlas.
She's probably more likely to be choose Stinger given that's what she's known as in both MC2 and now in 616, also IMHO I feel the name just 'fits better' alongside Ant-Man and Wasp.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 30 Jul 2018, 01:54

Finally got around to seeing this. Lots of good little scenes but I had the same feeling as Wade, it just feels a bit misplaced after Infinity War. Even as a sort of more light-hearted palette cleanser in-between serious movies. I did appreciate the smaller stakes though and that there's no real cackling villain or anything (aside from Walton Goggins but he's just a gangster).

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 30 Jul 2018, 10:37

It finally comes out in the UK this week, the internet has pretty much spoiled the big plot points for me already but I'm still psyched for this.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 31 Jul 2018, 10:57

Gremlin wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 10:37
It finally comes out in the UK this week, the internet has pretty much spoiled the big plot points for me already but I'm still psyched for this.
I'm amazed it took so long to come out over there. That's really shocking.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 31 Jul 2018, 10:58

It was the World Cup and a few films get rescheduled because I log it. Ridiculous.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 05 Aug 2018, 07:58

Gremlin wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 10:58
It was the World Cup and a few films get rescheduled because I log it. Ridiculous.
I didn't know that's the reason why, ridiculous indeed!

Anyway fun film like others have said. Cassie was adorable, interesting and sympathetic villain, Bill Foster was good and glad to see Wasp get in on the action. Would have liked to see more of original Wasp, but I did like that despite being trapped in microworld (or whatever they call it) that she was still very positive and happy person.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Aug 2018, 11:35

I predict that over the years, AM&W will get 3-5x more views on the streaming services than A4.

This is a fun movie with lots of potential for re-watching over the years. It may not have the strength to become a classic like Back to the Future, but it fits right into that class of film, and has just as much potential for a long life.

A4 on the other hand, has nearly zero re-watch potential, IMO. All spectacle and no character. The only reason to re-watch it is to fill a spot in the continuity of the MCU as you watch all the others in order. Even then, it’s pretty skippable so long as you know the end. I’m as likely to re-watch A4 as I am to re-watch the first Transformers movie.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 05 Aug 2018, 14:22

Sometimes it feels like we’re like a yin and yang nuD lol...although I really like A&W, I’ve seen A4 3 times already...and I’m not the only person i know that’s seen it multiple times. Of course that’s anecdotal, just illustrates how differently these things are lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 05 Aug 2018, 15:41

A4? Aren't we only up to three Avengers movies?

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Aug 2018, 17:35

RingOtaku wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 15:41
A4? Aren't we only up to three Avengers movies?
Right, A3. That’s what I meant.