unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Next up: Cloak and Dagger?

Did you see the Dr. Strange Movie from the 70's? Me neither, but I'm sure someone did. Come here to talk about Movies and TV
WorldWideWade

Re: Next up: Cloak and Dagger?

Post by WorldWideWade » 07 Apr 2016, 17:55

Yeah that's what I meant. Like supporting characters in Spidey's sequel.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Apr 2016, 18:03

That would be cool tbh,now I'm imagining a film version of Maximum Carnage!...well now you got me sad, thanks WWW
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Cable

Post by Cable » 30 Jan 2017, 22:34

Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Cable

Post by Cable » 19 Apr 2017, 21:12

Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 19 Apr 2017, 21:15

I like that...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Apr 2017, 01:15

I'm going to watch the hell out of that. I also realize I'm almost 30 and this probably shouldn't appeal to me.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Apr 2017, 01:22

tokenBG1009 wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 01:15
I'm going to watch the hell out of that. I also realize I'm almost 30 and this probably shouldn't appeal to me.

*shrug* I love teen melodramas...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Apr 2017, 02:28

My expectations were not high for this show but that is a very well-made trailer. That final image of Cloak by the Roxxon sign? Hell yeah I'm ready for this

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 20 Apr 2017, 17:37

I was a little underwhelmed by the trailer. It's probably just shots from the first episode but I was hoping for a bit more display of power.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Apr 2017, 18:27

I didn't expect it to be too powers heavy. Like the other superpowered series they have, Freeform isn't the CW. I just hope it's good drama.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » 20 Apr 2017, 18:31

I guess I am sceptical now after Iron Fist, which was sooooooooooo weak. I'm in these shows for the powers and such, not generic teen drama.
Everybody is entitled you their opinion...but yours is wrong.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 21 Apr 2017, 00:43

Gremlin wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 18:31
I guess I am sceptical now after Iron Fist, which was sooooooooooo weak. I'm in these shows for the powers and such, not generic teen drama.
Show might not be for you. I'm kind of happy we're getting something different for once though.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Apr 2017, 01:08

tokenBG1009 wrote:
21 Apr 2017, 00:43
Gremlin wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 18:31
Show might not be for you. I'm kind of happy we're getting something different for once though.
Yeah...I mean the superpowers idea is kinda the thread that a show uses to make a garment. But it can't keep making the same garment, because unlike with comics they're certainly hoping to grab very different demos.

So I hope this show makes a compelling teen drama that just so happens to be about people with powers (like a better Teen Wolf or like Buffy), like how Logan was basically a superhero Western or Deadpool a action-comedy.

My hope is that New Warriors is a legit action-comedy (preferably dark comedy like Fargo) and Runaways is something dark.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 21 Apr 2017, 01:24

My concern is they will not delve into the issues of addiction that I think are important parts of the characters' history (and which would be very relevant given the new surge in drug deaths in America). Also I fear they will simplify Cloak's powers to just "he produces darkness" without the interesting aspect of Dagger keeping at bay his compulsion to absorb life.

I am fine with a relationship drama, but the characters are deeper than your typical teen romance and I hope we get some of that complexity.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Apr 2017, 01:30

I thought I saw drugs in that trailer? Drugs are like part of the package of teen dramas lol if they shy away from addiction I'd be shocked. Considering Switched at Birth, Fosters, and that other show I stopped watching they covered incest, consent, drug use, abuse, child neglect, racism, sexual and gender identity and homophobia...no way addictionis too hot of a topic to touch on.

Now the codependence part I'm uncertain if they'll want to go that route. That one I want to see too...

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cable

Post by Cable » 01 Mar 2018, 19:34

New promo making the rounds.

I am cautiously excited about this.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 01 Mar 2018, 20:45

Yeh this looks way more interesting to me than Runaways tbh, no offense to those who loved Runaways.
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Mar 2018, 18:31

New trailer

Not a whole lot new here, I actually thought the first trailer was better

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Jun 2018, 00:31

Tonight's the night! I've seen bits of it while at my momma's, but I'm avoiding watching it until I can sit and watch all of it.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jun 2018, 21:36

I thought the first two eps were cheesy in some parts, but overall it was pretty good. SO MUCH BETTER than Inhumans. It's like night and day. The cheesiest stuff was between Tandy and her mom, and with Tyrone and the basketball team. Especially the basketball team. High school is rough, and bullying happens a lot, but I'll go out on a limb and say, even if one of your teammates is screwing up and needs a lesson, they will haze him perhaps, but not just beat the crap out of him.
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jun 2018, 22:02

I think there’s a racial element to that beating Anna...given who the showrunners are. But I think they made it much more subtext because of the channel.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Jun 2018, 23:03

Yeh I got that, but the thing about teams is they usually care more about winning than just about anything. Even Jackie Robinson's racist teammates, and there were a few, never resorted to beating on the guy because they knew he was useful to them healthy. Tyrone won't be making many buckets with a broken hand. Like I said, hazing yes, beatings no.

LimboMaster

Post by LimboMaster » 12 Jun 2018, 21:37

I like it so far. I thought Ty wearing a cloak as a kid before he got powered up was ridiculously silly, but the rest outweighed that one transgression. Looks like they are deviating a bit from the power sets in the comics. Tandy has never manifested physical objects nor vibed to people's feelings in the comics, right? Not a fan of the physical objects because they look cheesy onscreen but I suspect they'll find their way with that. As far as I can tell, Cloak's powers seem fairly consistent with the comics, though I'm surprised we haven't seen signs of the 'hunger'. Maybe that's feeding his revenge fantasy but hard to tell yet. Looking forward to seeing where this is going. Agreed, 100 times better than Inhumans.