Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

what are you reading?

Head over to the bookshelf and take your pick. We want to hear your thoughts on any past, present or future novels.
Spectral Knight

Re: what are you reading?

Post by Spectral Knight » 03 May 2021, 13:08

Currently reading the sublimely titled "Zoey Punches the Future in the Dick" by David Wong, which is the sequel to "Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits".

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 04 May 2021, 23:01

das_boot wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 09:25
I’ve read one Sanderson novel and that was enough for me. Granted it was a YA novel, but similar to Shakes, I really hated that he seems to lack the ability to highlight a word, right-click, and use the thesaurus function when he realises he’s used a word two or three times in a paragraph.
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. It literally drove me nuts.

I'll have to try Underland, Wings! That sounds interesting. I'm now onto "Into the Woods" by Tana French, which is a murder mystery and it's pretty good so far.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 May 2021, 23:46

Currently listening to Nameless by Matt Rossi, he's one of the writers on a website I used to frequent and I had the spare Audible credit. It's fine so far.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Cable

Post by Cable » 25 May 2021, 01:51

I have been not just reading but also ranking all 60 Sherlock Holmes stories. I have about 10 more to go. It has been enjoyable but I also find Doyle to be a bit overrated to be honest.
Best Comics of Week 23

X-titles: X-Men #21 by Jonathan Hickman (1) and Russell Dauterman (1), Nick Dragotta (1), Sara Pichelli (1), Lucas Werneck (1)
Non-X titles: Squadron Savage by Ethan Sacks (1) and Luca Pizzari (1)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 01 Jun 2021, 02:15

The Agony & The Ecstasy by Irving Stone covers so much more of Michelangelo's life than the movie adapted! You could easily wring a multi-season television series out of it!

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 03 Jun 2021, 03:17

Cable wrote:
25 May 2021, 01:51
I have been not just reading but also ranking all 60 Sherlock Holmes stories. I have about 10 more to go. It has been enjoyable but I also find Doyle to be a bit overrated to be honest.
I have a two-book "All the Doyle" Holmes. There are some blah Holmes stories to be sure but all in all I find them a fascinating study of how to keep characters consistent over many stories. Plus the jumping up and down the timeline. Non-linear continuity at it's finest.
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos