Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
RingOtaku

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 03 May 2019, 16:00

Anna Raven wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:56
RingOtaku wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:52
FCBD is totally a "get 'em in the door" trick. BUt hey these are businesses. Everything should be about getting them in the door.

Yep. Wal-Mart doesn't make a penny of fishing licenses, it all goes to the DNR. BUT while you are in there might as well buy some bait and lures. Maybe a rod since it's such a good price....
It's the old razor blade model. You practically give the razor away for free, but you charge a crazy amount for the razor blades.
Yep. If you ever work retail and use the hand-scanner things to check the profit margin it's surprising how many things that applies to. DVD/Blu-Ray players? Very little profit. But the movie mark-up? Big. Cell Phones? Barely any profit. Phone Accessories? Epic Markup.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 May 2019, 01:38

I'm surprised Zaladane's never been resurrected. Maybe she ought to be the new exemplar of permanent death after Bucky's & Jason Todd's betrayal.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 06 May 2019, 10:38

RingOtaku wrote:
03 May 2019, 16:00
Anna Raven wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:56
RingOtaku wrote:
03 May 2019, 15:52
FCBD is totally a "get 'em in the door" trick. BUt hey these are businesses. Everything should be about getting them in the door.

Yep. Wal-Mart doesn't make a penny of fishing licenses, it all goes to the DNR. BUT while you are in there might as well buy some bait and lures. Maybe a rod since it's such a good price....
It's the old razor blade model. You practically give the razor away for free, but you charge a crazy amount for the razor blades.
Yep. If you ever work retail and use the hand-scanner things to check the profit margin it's surprising how many things that applies to. DVD/Blu-Ray players? Very little profit. But the movie mark-up? Big. Cell Phones? Barely any profit. Phone Accessories? Epic Markup.
It’s called a Loss Leader, and it’s done by both manufacturers and retailers. Years ago I worked at a hardware store that sold all of our name brand power tools at 5-10% below wholesale. We were known throughout the region as having the best deals, and even beat out Home Depot’s prices. Of course, a pound of nails cost 20% more than at HD, and so did most everything else. The store was super profitable and is still gong strong and has survived despite a second Home Depot opening up even closer. The price perception based on the high-end products, coupled with good service, was a great business model.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 May 2019, 23:21

Bluetants are the upper echelon of Homo superior.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 May 2019, 02:16

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 May 2019, 01:38
I'm surprised Zaladane's never been resurrected. Maybe she ought to be the new exemplar of permanent death after Bucky's & Jason Todd's betrayal.
But at this point would she be Lorna’s sister and therefore either Magneto’s daughter or long-lost daughter of Polaris’s mother which... it just adds more confusion to a family tree that’s already stupidly complex
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 08 May 2019, 15:09

das_boot wrote:
08 May 2019, 02:16
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 May 2019, 01:38
But at this point would she be Lorna’s sister and therefore either Magneto’s daughter or long-lost daughter of Polaris’s mother which... it just adds more confusion to a family tree that’s already stupidly complex
She's an alternate reality Lorna whose universe was wiped out by the Timebreakers/brokers early on and so lost her mind. Also she wasn't related to Magneto in their universe but did date Wanda. Oh and their son was that universe version of Michael Pointer/Weapon Omega.

Is it Marvel enough yet?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 08 May 2019, 21:45

We need to go deeper.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 08 May 2019, 22:07

She’s also the first person to trial a meat only diet in her home dimension, earning her alt-PETA’s wrath and the nickname of “Saladbane”
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 09 May 2019, 02:33

and her only friend was a shapeshifter who often imitated her so Zala could go out and ballet against her parents wishes.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 May 2019, 15:39

Her grieving process was so long-winded and emotionally traumatic that every time her pet guinea pig died, her true father, Mister Sinister, used to tell her that Bubbles had gone on holiday while he cloned her a new one from scratch. He even sent her postcards from various places around the world to show her that Bubbles was indeed in holiday. She believed this lie until she was well into her thirties and saw one of her father’s alter-egos collect an award for writing the specific sub-plot of French Cinema’s roller-coaster of whimsical emotions, Amélie, wherein the protagonist sends her father’s garden gnome on holiday with her flight attendant friend and sends him pictures from famous landmarks.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 09 May 2019, 17:44

And it was her rejection of him after this revelation that led Sinister to look for an alternate reality where he didn't ruin his relationship with his daughter which is what got the attention of the Timebrokers who are secretly highly evolved guinea pigs and took great offense at the enslaving and random cloning of their species.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 23 May 2019, 06:03

Going on my first vacation in seven years! Will be boarding a plane in about 4.5 hours from now heading to Ann Arbor to meet up with some guildies from World of Warcraft and spend the weekend with them. I'm pumped!
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 23 May 2019, 14:11

Awesome! I've never been to Ann Arbor. I heard it's beautiful.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 26 May 2019, 16:25

I am constantly at war with the fact I've gotten used to and enjoy solitude in my off-work time and the fact I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend and don't want to screw this relationship up. Someone make a drink to shut up one of those voices for a day, I think we have enough energy products.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 27 May 2019, 12:38

I've signed up to be a cat foster person, with my wife. There's a great group in town that finds homes for abandoned cats and dogs, and I've done a little volunteering already. I've been a little cat mad recently, wanting to adopt a new cat, but my wife hasn't been 100% sold on it. We have an old cat that's been a solo cat for 13 years and she's worried she won't take to a new cat. Fostering let's us have a test run before we decide to adopt, and it helps poor kitties find homes.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 28 May 2019, 02:58

So, I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s rare that I ever face actual serious homophobia. I’m tall-ish, have resting mean face and have the build that suggests that I know how to both throw and take a punch, so I’m not exactly easy pickings.

Pride for the city I live in was last weekend. Walking to the shop from work (about a two minute walk), there was a guy there with signs about how “Pride comes before damnation” and “sinners let Satan in”, which is bad enough, but to watch this guy going IN on a bunch of 15-16 year olds in pride colours? No. I don’t accept that. Too many of the LGBTQ+ community are being silenced due to being told that they’re evil and sinful and being shunned by family, friends and their church and like...something within me just snapped and I had to argue back. After I’d said my piece and made sure the teenagers were okay and not too shaken up, I just felt so... I dunno. Weirdly grateful. Sad it had happened, angry that it happened during pride, but like...

I’m grateful for all of the safe spaces i’ve found in real life and online. This is definitely one of those spaces. I hope you all realise that no matter whether you’re on the LGBTQ continuum or not, being so accepting of those who are makes you guys allies, and that is SO important. Please, if you have LGBTQ family, friends or co-workers, I urge you to affirm to them how necessary they are to your life and how much we appreciate your support x

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 28 May 2019, 05:29

das_boot wrote:
28 May 2019, 02:58
So, I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s rare that I ever face actual serious homophobia. I’m tall-ish, have resting mean face and have the build that suggests that I know how to both throw and take a punch, so I’m not exactly easy pickings.

Pride for the city I live in was last weekend. Walking to the shop from work (about a two minute walk), there was a guy there with signs about how “Pride comes before damnation” and “sinners let Satan in”, which is bad enough, but to watch this guy going IN on a bunch of 15-16 year olds in pride colours? No. I don’t accept that. Too many of the LGBTQ+ community are being silenced due to being told that they’re evil and sinful and being shunned by family, friends and their church and like...something within me just snapped and I had to argue back. After I’d said my piece and made sure the teenagers were okay and not too shaken up, I just felt so... I dunno. Weirdly grateful. Sad it had happened, angry that it happened during pride, but like...

I’m grateful for all of the safe spaces i’ve found in real life and online. This is definitely one of those spaces. I hope you all realise that no matter whether you’re on the LGBTQ continuum or not, being so accepting of those who are makes you guys allies, and that is SO important. Please, if you have LGBTQ family, friends or co-workers, I urge you to affirm to them how necessary they are to your life and how much we appreciate your support x
So sorry that kind of thing still exists, but I'm grateful for all I've learned and discussed with you guys about LGBT issues over the years.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 28 May 2019, 15:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBRsY3WckY

In 2019, Brock Lesnar is bringing back the boombox. I approve.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 28 May 2019, 16:13

Did James Gunn put the Pterodactyl Ghost in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed because he realized the X-films would never do Sauron justice?

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 28 May 2019, 17:28

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
28 May 2019, 16:13
Did James Gunn put the Pterodactyl Ghost in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed because he realized the X-films would never do Sauron justice?
That would imply there were any good decisions made concerning Scooby-Doo 2.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 28 May 2019, 17:55

das_boot wrote:
After I’d said my piece and made sure the teenagers were okay and not too shaken up, I just felt so... I dunno. Weirdly grateful.
On my cell so I’m going to be brief...

Good for you for standing up for the vulnerable among us.
das_boot wrote:
I affirm your presence and contributions to this forum are valued, both as a comics fan generally, and as a LBQTQ+ fan.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 May 2019, 12:51

Got back to work last night, read one email and immediately began looking up jobs and cost of rent in Ann Arbor/surrounding areas. The grass is always greener, but good lord I need a change.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 30 May 2019, 14:57

tokenBG1009 wrote:
30 May 2019, 12:51
Got back to work last night, read one email and immediately began looking up jobs and cost of rent in Ann Arbor/surrounding areas. The grass is always greener, but good lord I need a change.
Did everything work out ok with your job situation from earlier this year token? Even if it did, it sounds like you would be way happier at a new place.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 30 May 2019, 19:52

Anna Raven wrote:
30 May 2019, 14:57
tokenBG1009 wrote:
30 May 2019, 12:51
Did everything work out ok with your job situation from earlier this year token? Even if it did, it sounds like you would be way happier at a new place.
Sorta, I was forced to step down from my supervisor role, but kept my pay and I was honestly hating the position.

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 30 May 2019, 19:58

Did you ever have to talk to this guy again? I understood he works in a different section of your company, but you can’t really avoid seeing people again in a building.