Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
Jazzkantine

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Jazzkantine » 11 Sep 2018, 19:39

We in middle Europe, where we Deutsch sprechen, we have to be prepared for snow up until April. It can be luke warm in march and then all of a sudden snow coming down like a blizzard in april.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 12 Sep 2018, 05:46

So I been re-reading the Titans lately (pre-new 52) and god what they did to Roy was so... ugh. Like I just can't read Cry For Justice and Rise of Arsenal. Such dark dreary stories. They make me think "Superboy Prime was right. You people ruined everything."
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Sep 2018, 06:16

RingOtaku wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 05:46
So I been re-reading the Titans lately (pre-new 52) and god what they did to Roy was so... ugh. Like I just can't read Cry For Justice and Rise of Arsenal. Such dark dreary stories. They make me think "Superboy Prime was right. You people ruined everything."
I've always heard from DC/Titans fans that those are two of the worst stories ever written.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 12 Sep 2018, 20:41

tokenBG1009 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 06:16
RingOtaku wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 05:46
I've always heard from DC/Titans fans that those are two of the worst stories ever written.
Maybe the worst that had an effect on Titans status quo. Cause DC has done some real stinkers. And it's not even that they are poorly written. Cry For Justice has some good parts to it, but killing Lian and maiming Roy was an overkill thing and the fallout of it in Rise Of Arsenal where Roy starts doing drugs again and has stressed-induced impotence while we watch Ollie's life fall apart right after he finally gets married to Dinah... Then the Titans (not teen titans just titans) book became about Slade's evil team of Titans and that brought in Cinder who was a hot mess and kept Broken Roy in the spotlight. The Arrow Family took a lot of abuse that last year or two before Flashpoint.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 13 Sep 2018, 03:48

Cable wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 16:18
For those that live in the UK, I have never been but am planning a trip to London in early-to-mid February. What kind of weather can I expect then? Would it be snowing?
Usually pretty cold (single fingers in degrees celsius) and wet at that time of the year. This year Feb was pretty snowy (we were - not - dealing with effects of the "Beast from the East") but this was more prolonged and heavier than usual. I'd say be prepared for it to be snowing (even though our transport infrastructure never is...) but don't count on it.

Let me know if you want any ideas on things to do / places to go if you do book up.
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 15 Sep 2018, 13:37

Cable wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 16:18
For those that live in the UK, I have never been but am planning a trip to London in early-to-mid February. What kind of weather can I expect then? Would it be snowing?
Rain, snow, sleet, high winds, fog, meteor showers, pluere hominum (hallelujah!), raining cats and dogs, some more rain, precipitation, just a full on wall of water that’s practically ice, rain rain rain, magical sky-water.

Also, I genuinely guarantee that whatever you prepare for, the opposite will occur. Our weather is awfully capricious. I was at a wedding a few years back in February and it was actually really mild and sunny. Then this year, the area I live in was really hit hard by the demons of the sky and cold, and Putin’s weather machine (come on. He has one). If you pack for somewhere in between “OH GOD ITS COLD” and “oh, hello spring!” you can always avail yourself of the wonders of Primark whilst you’re over here and stock up on cheap, seasonable attire whilst you’re here.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Sep 2018, 14:21

Putin actually behaves like a Bond villain.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 15 Sep 2018, 14:37

A few weeks ago Putin attended a wedding near me and in a few cities people ran around with anti-Putin slogans.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Sep 2018, 23:52

Jazzkantine wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 14:37
A few weeks ago Putin attended a wedding near me and in a few cities people ran around with anti-Putin slogans.
I'd be scared to do that in Russia. :( Hell, I'd almost be scared to do it in Trump's America. (More because of his followers though).
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 16 Sep 2018, 19:47

Lots of rain in Central NC today, but we’re high and dry at my house, and still have power.

I’m pretty sure one of the other regulars on this board is in Eastern Carolina. Anyone know who?

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Sep 2018, 23:31

Looks like I'll be in NC myself for a flying visit for work in a couple of weeks... Charlotte to be specific. I'm practicing my Ric Flair "wooooo" in anticipation.

Hope there's not too much damage, Nu-D
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 17 Sep 2018, 00:33

Spectral Knight wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 23:31
Looks like I'll be in NC myself for a flying visit for work in a couple of weeks... Charlotte to be specific. I'm practicing my Ric Flair "wooooo" in anticipation.

Hope there's not too much damage, Nu-D
Long as it's not high-pitched and awkward like his daughter's WOOO. Makes me cringe every time she tries it on TV.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 17 Sep 2018, 05:40

Like I said, still practicing it, so no promises! I have made the conscious decision not to follow Ric in stripping down to my boxers and beating up my suit, or following his frankly bizarre behaviour from the plane ride from hell on the way out there though. Both of which would get most normal people arrested. Or sectioned.
X-Editorial:

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 18 Sep 2018, 02:03

honestly outside of the Wooo and the "wheeling, dealing" line in it's full I wouldn't imitate much of Flair. Even he's admitted he partied so hard so many years by all rights he should have been dead ages ago.

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 18 Sep 2018, 19:11

British to 'foreigner' question ;P

Do you lot have an equivelant of 'Sunday Dinner'?

Basically most Sunday's (its getting less common now...but still probably the plurality of Sunday lunches) British people sit down to eat a roast dinner. Some sort of roasted meat (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken...depending on your fancy), mashed/roast potatoes, peas, carrots, cauli, cabbage, turnip or whatever and yorkshire puddings....usually drenched in beef gravy.
https://goo.gl/images/fRSdgi

The best I can think is its like a weekly Christmas/Thanksgiving day meal.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 18 Sep 2018, 19:33

Here in the Southern U.S. the tradition is any family households in the same city get together for a big Sunday dinner where you'll have a meat of some kind, not always a roast sometimes it's fried with side dishes of various kinds. Especially if you "good church-going folk". That post-church extended family meal. I can't speak for the rest of the country.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 18 Sep 2018, 21:56

Can ptsd be overcome? I dunno?

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 18 Sep 2018, 22:02

Dragonzombie wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 21:56
Yes, people with PTSD can heal. In most cases, it really benefits to seek professional help.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » 18 Sep 2018, 22:08

Nu-D wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 22:02
Dragonzombie wrote:
Yes, people with PTSD can heal. In most cases, it really benefits to seek professional help.
Thanks, that's hopefull to read.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 19 Sep 2018, 01:15

Dragonzombie wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 22:08
Nu-D wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 22:02
Dragonzombie wrote:
Thanks, that's hopefull to read.
Please, if you or anyone you know is suffering from PTSD, know that it is treatable and you can be healed with professional help.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 19 Sep 2018, 02:59

Crutey Anth wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 19:11

Basically most Sunday's (its getting less common now...but still probably the plurality of Sunday lunches) British people sit down to eat a roast dinner. Some sort of roasted meat (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken...depending on your fancy), mashed/roast potatoes, peas, carrots, cauli, cabbage, turnip or whatever and yorkshire puddings....usually drenched in beef gravy.

In my neck of the woods, it's Saturday dinner (which is actually at lunchtime -- "supper" was the evening meal, which was light and often leftovers from dinner). Sunday was always breakfast before church (if you went). Waking up at grandma's house to the smell of frying bacon was the highlight of our monthly trips down. Saturday dinner was very southern -- fried chicken or pork chops was typical, along with all the sides, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, mac and cheese, fried green tomatoes. Sunday breakfast was always biscuits (American biscuits) and gravy, bacon, fried eggs, oats (not oatmeal but steamed whole oats made with brown sugar), and fried potatoes and onions. We never ate at the table, though. It was standing room only. And when the weather was nice, we ate outside. Trials of huge families, I guess. I have about 70 cousins.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 19 Sep 2018, 06:38

Crutey Anth wrote:
18 Sep 2018, 19:11

My family has family dinners from time to time, but it's generally more of a potluck kind of thing. It's definitely become a rare occasion though.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 20 Sep 2018, 23:55

You customized your Tombstone with a Tombstone?
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » Yesterday, 01:38

While I was repainting my cat's tombstone!