unstablemolecules.com & uncannyxmen.net are proud to present....mightyavengers.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
tokenBG1009

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 04 May 2018, 07:01

I got Captain America.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

bamf

Post by bamf » 04 May 2018, 13:03

I got Spider-Man
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 04 May 2018, 14:22

Doctor Strange for me. I do not have enough cheekbones for Bendela Cumberbund.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 04 May 2018, 14:36

Spider-Man
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 04 May 2018, 14:57

I was slain and I apparently am Captain America. Though I had to compromise with the Make Out question. I really wanted to pick Mantis.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Cable

Post by Cable » 04 May 2018, 16:04

Funnily enough even though I got Hulk I did not choose Black Widow for the Make Out question. Call me crazy but I think Elizabeth Olson is much more beautiful than Scarlett Johannson.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

bamf

Post by bamf » 04 May 2018, 16:56

Oh it was a close call for me but I ended up picking Elizabeth Olson over Scarlett Johannson as well.
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 05 May 2018, 00:46

Slain. I’m Black Widow. Apparently I have a hard time balancing work and life and tend to not let people in.

i’m pretty sure Buzzfeed is monitoring me.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 May 2018, 07:18

What does "The tea is exceptionally hot today" mean non-literally?

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 06 May 2018, 17:39

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 May 2018, 07:18
What does "The tea is exceptionally hot today" mean non-literally?
It means that the gossip is specially good.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 May 2018, 18:31

Usually accompanied by a Wendy Williams gif.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 May 2018, 18:40

EphemeristX wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:31
Which begs the next question. Who is Wendy Williams?
MCU Draft Results: Spider-Man | Cyclops | Black Panther II | Sister Grimm | Crystal and Lockjaw | The Strucker Twins | Killmonger | The Frost Sisters | Zemo

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 May 2018, 18:44

A moderately successful syndicated talkshow host.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 May 2018, 19:11

EphemeristX wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:44

Who originated from urban talk radio...and gets into “fights” with c-listers
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

grief

Post by grief » 08 May 2018, 00:29

Anna Raven wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:40
EphemeristX wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:31
Which begs the next question. Who is Wendy Williams?
First time I saw her show, I asked the same thing.

I've taken a blood oath to never allow her show in my presence.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Cable

Post by Cable » 08 May 2018, 14:00

Blackcyclops wrote:
07 May 2018, 19:11
EphemeristX wrote:
07 May 2018, 18:44

Who originated from urban talk radio...and gets into “fights” with c-listers
So she gets into fights with like Wiz Kid or Transonic?
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 May 2018, 07:50

We made a chat group with all the supervisors at the company I work for so we can get to know each other.

Unfortunately, I'm the only supervisor that works my shift so I read and reply to everything 8 hours after everyone else has already gone home. I don't think I'll be engaging very much with everyone else...

Also, I don't know why, but it's so hard for me to tell other adults I like anime. Cartoons, comic books, and video games are so easy to share my love for, but anime, of which I've been watching the hell out of lately, is such a hard thing to mention.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 09 May 2018, 08:16

tokenBG1009 wrote:
09 May 2018, 07:50

Also, I don't know why, but it's so hard for me to tell other adults I like anime. Cartoons, comic books, and video games are so easy to share my love for, but anime, of which I've been watching the hell out of lately, is such a hard thing to mention.
Is that difficulty just something that's in you or did you actually get a negative response to it once? In general for me when I something hard to talk about I always find it soooo difficult to pinpoint whether it is some irrational fear inside me or if there is some rational explanation out there...

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 May 2018, 14:23

I'd say it's an irrational fear. Anime is becoming more mainstream, but I generally feel inferior to most of my fellow supervisors. I also think that people who aren't into anime imagine it's either DBZ or something like Highschool DxD.

Hell, my girlfriend, who watched anime as a teenager, gives me shit about some of the stuff I watch. I got annoyed when I talked about crying during an episode of an anime and she said that was stupid because anime doesn't have stuff like that.

People just don't realize how varied anime is so admitting I like it to people I don't know well or have shown no interest in it makes me super nervous.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 09 May 2018, 14:31

I think it's ok to keep some of your interests private or close to the vest. And then if you find like minded friends out there, you might be surprised when you find you all have an interest in anime and you can finally talk about it. But we live in a world where everyone is supposed to be free to express themselves however they want and don't "shame" others for being different. So on the other hand people tend to go hard against being told that, and it's no surprise we have a lot of closed minded people out there.

I guess what I'm saying is it's your choice to share the parts of your personality you feel like making public. It's not healthy to bottle stuff up necessarily, but I also don't think it's healthy to then feel guilty when you keep certain aspects of your life private. Does that make sense? I probably sound like someone who is hiding a lot of secrets, lol.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 09 May 2018, 18:43

I usually just use a little self-effacing humor and acknowledge when my interests are nerdy.

"Oh yeah, I game a little, and I'm into Marvel stuff and horror movies. All the nerd stuff."

Honestly, though, folks who follow the NBA or the NFL or MMA are nerds too; they're just more socially acceptable nerds. Tell me a fantasy football league isn't more stat crunchy than anything I'm into and I'll laugh in your face.

Cable

Post by Cable » 10 May 2018, 18:36

Most studios clear the field for one of the big Disney movies, so it is going to be very interesting in the next couple weeks to see if it pays off for Fox to throw Deadpool 2 up against Solo.

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 10 May 2018, 21:34

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Deadpool ended up making more money than Solo. I know it's a longshot but I think it could theoretically happen especially if Deadpool is great and Solo is mediocre.
MCU Draft:
Heroes:
Iron Man, Black Widow, Quake, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Pepper Potts
Villains:
Kingpin, Vulture, Arnim Zola

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 May 2018, 22:25

Solo, I feel, is a movie no one asked for. Yes, it's Star Wars, but that doesn't necessarily make it an unstoppable juggernaut. I see it doing well, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Deadpool 2 beat it in the box office.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 May 2018, 23:27

Plus I just see almost 0 of Harrison Ford in this new young actor.