Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Re: Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
EphemeristX

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EphemeristX » 06 Aug 2022, 18:37

It's fan work. He can do that if he wants.
I really wanna blow your mind
but I haven't got the time.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Aug 2022, 18:46

EphemeristX wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 18:37
It's fan work. He can do that if he wants.
True true

It makes sense…

And since you’ll never get both sides of the argument, it just would make sense for him to vent his frustration or wishes in that way.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 06 Aug 2022, 19:48

Wouldn't that depend on the wording in his contract? Byrne, as far as I know, doesn't have one. Claremont does. It seems odd that such contract would allow him to write an x-men story, take it to an artist and publish it online himself whilst ignoring Marvel. Even Byrne was a bit cagey about what happened when he went to CB Cebulski

Oldmanlogan79

Post by Oldmanlogan79 » 07 Aug 2022, 10:34

Any of you into Dc classic The Question ? Im reading the Dennis Oneil & Denys Cowan era and...I'm enjoying it a lot, both in script and in art...I'm on issue 6 of about 40 and seriously, Vic Sage is becoming one of my favorite characters...this Ditko creation has a very well written script where being the character a journalist everything is very political and cosmopolitan, full of mafias. And the fight scenes... what to say? Question vs Shiva OMG I recommend it with all my heart, some of the best fighting scenes in comics. I'm liking it at a very high level, I hope I won't be disappointed, anyway the artistic team doesn't change, so I have good firewood left to chop!! BTW Bill Sienkiewicz covers!
5dd3a8f9338b4c9391798599f998aaaa.jpg
5dd3a8f9338b4c9391798599f998aaaa.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 342 times
Lee-Claremont-Morrison-Hickman

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2022, 14:36

Well I found the rant Claremont went on and sorry Rick and EphX, nothing you guys says can explain these quotes lol

Says he can get away with being "another white guy playing fast and loose with racial identity because I'm British and we've been doing this for 1000 years"

Would turn Kitty into the cosmic daughter of T'Challa and Storm thanks to the Panther God. Would have turned Kitty Black.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 07 Aug 2022, 17:38

Yeah, I saw that first quote and genuinely wondered how in the hell he thought that was okay.
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Aug 2022, 18:24

Yeah, that was one of the things that really made me go "Excuse me, what?" It definitely feels like he was trying to be tongue-in-cheek, but it was so stupid it went entirely too far.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Aug 2022, 19:13

I have to be honest, of all the things he said, I'm really surprised that one seems to be the one people have the biggest issue with.

Maybe I'm just being naïve but it seems a pretty obvious "colonialism bad" joke and I don't see why everyone's reaction is "GASP! How dare you?"
Are people interpreting that the statement was said in earnest?

The Kitty idea is beyond awful though. No doubt. He did clarify that he was just demonstrating how ideas are thrown around in the creative process. That one shouldn't even be in the running though. Makes me wonder how many of these Ann Nocenti had to shut down at the time.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Aug 2022, 19:42

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/1555684032347869189

This is the thread where I assume most of the takes are coming from.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 07 Aug 2022, 21:00

tokenBG1009 wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 18:24
Yeah, that was one of the things that really made me go "Excuse me, what?" It definitely feels like he was trying to be tongue-in-cheek, but it was so stupid it went entirely too far.

Exactly…given the context it was a really really bad joke, like not in the “oh I’m offended” way but in the “not funny bad joke” way. Like I get where he was going but nah bruh, you missed the mark on that one.
-Cly

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 07 Aug 2022, 21:03

I would really like to see a video of it. There are people online that were present claiming those tweets were not a fair representation of the panel. Some of that does feel snarky and what they felt worthy to tweet is bizarre. For example, the Remy question is extremely uninteresting. Meanwhile apparently Claremont went into detail on how he would do Dark Phoenix in live action and it's barely mentioned beyond the "Game of X" line (he pitched a sort of Game of Thrones style TV show that would allow to slowly develop the narrative and detailed what each season should cover). The comments about the Captain Marvel movie also seems like something got misinterpreted along the way. Kinberg did have to reshoot the 3rd act of Dark Phoenix due to similarities with the ending of Captain Marvel... that doesn't mean Carol has the Phoenix Force in the MCU. The CGI and action scenes were too similar (the original 3rd act was set in space and they had Jean destroying ships in a similar way to Carol).

I wouldn't be surprised by most of what is reported there tbh, but tone and context matter. Judging someone harshly by isolated quotes, particularly when it is obvious that the coverage is far from comprehensive, is always something that one should be careful about.

Magnus

Post by Magnus » 08 Aug 2022, 00:13

"Claremont "sodding hates" Jean's Jim Lee design."

Say what you want about colonialism and Black Kitty but this is clearly the worst opinion here

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Aug 2022, 00:15

Magnus wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 00:13
"Claremont "sodding hates" Jean's Jim Lee design."

Say what you want about colonialism and Black Kitty but this is clearly the worst opinion here

Won’t lie…Magnus, that’s the rightest you’ve ever been in the history of our cold war lol
-Cly

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Aug 2022, 00:55

He called Professor X a twat and I couldn't agree more.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 08 Aug 2022, 05:56

tokenBG1009 wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 00:55
He called Professor X a twat and I couldn't agree more.
Yep. Hard agree.

Also, a non-Krakoa mutant story in the Krakoa era would be cool.

CC's always had sublime ideas balanced against utter dog shite, but he definitely seems to be veering more towards the latter with a side of cra-cra.

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 08 Aug 2022, 17:40

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 17:21
That sounds really depressing.
Yep. Jeff Hardy is a hot mess and will never be better. I don't think he really WANTS to rehab, just stay employed.
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Aug 2022, 17:49

I got invited to my cousin's wedding. I haven't seen him in about 15 years. It's in the evening out of state Thanksgiving week, so I'll have to be gone over the weekend. A friend said she can look in on my cat if I go, but she won't be able to provide her the round the clock service she's accustomed to. Should I still attend?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Aug 2022, 18:03

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 17:49
I got invited to my cousin's wedding. I haven't seen him in about 15 years. It's in the evening out of state Thanksgiving week, so I'll have to be gone over the weekend. A friend said she can look in on my cat if I go, but she won't be able to provide her the round the clock service she's accustomed to. Should I still attend?

I won’t lie…this sounds like the plot for a great holiday romcom lol…
-Cly

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » Yesterday, 17:03

Well we closed on the house yesterday. Still doesn't feel real. Maybe once we get through the next few weeks of painting rooms and moving stuff in. Once I'm in the house it will mentally be My House.
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » Yesterday, 22:31

Congratulations!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » Today, 00:57

BardicOne wrote:
Yesterday, 17:03
Well we closed on the house yesterday. Still doesn't feel real. Maybe once we get through the next few weeks of painting rooms and moving stuff in. Once I'm in the house it will mentally be My House.

We should all send in a comic book with our signatures on it and then you make a display with all your E-Friends congratulating you. Could even send it to a PO Box.
-Cly

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » Today, 05:22

I don't think most people want written proof that they actually enjoy my presence. Kind of thing that could get you canceled off of social media lol