Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Re: Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6837
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 31 Dec 2021, 23:28

Spectral Knight wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 20:19
tokenBG1009 wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 19:00
I am very rapidly hitting the "everyone I know has COVID" stage. I've got it, my girlfriend probably has it (results pending), my mom has it. I'm in the recovery stage and based on my mom's stages she's probably getting there. Girlfriend is fine and seems to be recovering.

Stay safe and get boosted. The difference between me, who's boosted, and my mom and girlfriend is pretty night and day. Both of them, unboosted, were basically dead all day in their worst period whereas I only got worn out towards the end of the day.
I think depending on strain as well you could have very different experiences. I had three rubbish days of it particularly shortness of breath and after that a nagging cough and felt lethargic- pretty sure I had Delta as I gave it to my missus who had the classic lack of smell too. I was double jabbed but it was 5 months after my 2nd AZ and before my booster so immunity was pretty low. A few people who I know who have had it this week who haven't yet had their boosters have basically had a bit of a cold, which seems to be the weaker Omicron.

Hopefully the latter will be the most prevalent strain going forward as it does seem to be much less severe. Problem is it causes chaos in terms of management- as the strategy for Delta has been suggested to be very different from Omicron but both are still in circulation here

Wishing your near and dear a swift recovery for the New Year.

Happy change of calendar, everyone.
Yeah, I'm mostly assuming we all got the same strain. I don't know where my mom got her's from, but my girlfriend almost certainly got it from me.

Regardless, this year can go fuck itself. 2020 sucked, but wasn't a personal tragedy of a year. It just sucked for the world. 2021, on the other hand, SUCKED ASS on a personal level. I'm making less money than I was last year, I got fired for the first time, I had to deal with the unemployment hell hole, and now I managed to get COVID.

Can't wait until tomorrow to start the year off sick so it can hopefully only go up from there.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 4713
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by das_boot » 01 Jan 2022, 11:17

I’m starting it off so brutally hungover that I think my brain might be on fire.

About half of the people meant to be at my friend’s NYE party (the first one I’ve been able to attend in about 7 years) had to bail last minute due to testing positive or having a partner test positive in the last 24 hours, so it was a more subdued affair than usual but that just meant that there was more booze per head, so… we’re back to OUCH.
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 2704
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spectral Knight » 01 Jan 2022, 15:28

Dry January was the intention. 1pm was when that New Year's Resolution went to the wall. Oops.

User avatar
BardicOne
Posts: 174
Joined: 11 Jul 2020, 06:00

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by BardicOne » 01 Jan 2022, 17:14

Happy New Year! Now get off my lawn!
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23174
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 02 Jan 2022, 05:07

I watched the HBO Max documentary Life of Crime 1984-2020. It follows 3 Newark, NJ residents from ‘84-2020 who all dabble in drugs and crime. And frankly it broke it…by the end, me and my fiancee were just in tears. It’s probably the single best “don’t so drugs” doc I’ve ever watched…I’m still alil shook by it.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23174
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Jan 2022, 00:46

Christina Ricci in Yellowjackets Deserves ALL the awards
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 4713
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by das_boot » 06 Jan 2022, 09:33

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 00:46
Christina Ricci in Yellowjackets Deserves ALL the awards
I haven’t seen her in anything in YEARS, and I was really surprised when I found out she voiced Terra in the DCAU Judas Contract adaptation. All the way through I was like “I know that voice, I know that voice” and then the credits rolled and I was like OF COURSE
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6837
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Jan 2022, 01:58

RIP to America's REAL dad, Bob Saget.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 6332
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Jan 2022, 02:36

WTF! Bob Saget?! Really?!
I feel like dynamite, I feel like dying tonight
Just give me a taste, let it be locust-laced

User avatar
XtremeOne1
Posts: 4280
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by XtremeOne1 » 10 Jan 2022, 15:55

Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 00:46
Christina Ricci in Yellowjackets Deserves ALL the awards
She's soooo good. That smile at the end of this most recent episode was so darkly hilarious and so perfect for what we know about Misty. All four(all eight, if you count the younger counter parts..plus Jackie, so 9) leads are amazing and the show is so tense. It's a great mix of thrills, horror, comedy and teen angst.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23174
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jan 2022, 16:13

XtremeOne1 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 15:55
Blackcyclops wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 00:46
Christina Ricci in Yellowjackets Deserves ALL the awards
She's soooo good. That smile at the end of this most recent episode was so darkly hilarious and so perfect for what we know about Misty. All four(all eight, if you count the younger counter parts..plus Jackie, so 9) leads are amazing and the show is so tense. It's a great mix of thrills, horror, comedy and teen angst.

This is easily the best Lost-inspired show to come out…
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 2704
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Jan 2022, 18:38

The FAFF of trying to frame a jigsaw puzzle that is just too big for the frame bought for it, despite the size on the puzzle box clearly being within the quoted internal dimensions of the frame bought.

Eugh...

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5979
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Jan 2022, 21:31

I was disappointed Ricci only had a cameo in the new Matrix.

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5232
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Jan 2022, 02:04

I designed a brand new newsletter at work for a client. After going up the chain, the guys at the top were basically like "we should change this design, it's really getting old". Basically they had no idea I'd redesigned the entire thing from scratch. It's really demoralizing, because the person I was working with didn't even seem to understand that I'd redesigned the look of the whole thing from scratch either, even though I told her I was going to do so. I could have avoided spending 160 hours on a redesign and just spent those hours playing video games or something and they would have been happier or at least as happy.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6837
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Jan 2022, 02:41

That's rough, sorry it happened Anna. Never fun to have your contributions ignored.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 2704
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spectral Knight » 13 Jan 2022, 08:28

Anna Raven wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 02:04
I designed a brand new newsletter at work for a client. After going up the chain, the guys at the top were basically like "we should change this design, it's really getting old". Basically they had no idea I'd redesigned the entire thing from scratch. It's really demoralizing, because the person I was working with didn't even seem to understand that I'd redesigned the look of the whole thing from scratch either, even though I told her I was going to do so. I could have avoided spending 160 hours on a redesign and just spent those hours playing video games or something and they would have been happier or at least as happy.
Ooof, that's harsh. I sympathise. We launched our new site just before Chrimbo so we could stabilise over the festive season, and the amount of stupid questions I've had in my email asking to make "just a small change" when we'd been working since Feb on a nightmare of an integration piece (combining woocommerce, WordPress and HubSpot with vendors / developers working in different markets, one of which isn't even a native English speaking region). Aaargh. :evil:

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5232
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Jan 2022, 05:23

Spectral Knight wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 08:28
Anna Raven wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 02:04
I designed a brand new newsletter at work for a client. After going up the chain, the guys at the top were basically like "we should change this design, it's really getting old". Basically they had no idea I'd redesigned the entire thing from scratch. It's really demoralizing, because the person I was working with didn't even seem to understand that I'd redesigned the look of the whole thing from scratch either, even though I told her I was going to do so. I could have avoided spending 160 hours on a redesign and just spent those hours playing video games or something and they would have been happier or at least as happy.
Ooof, that's harsh. I sympathise. We launched our new site just before Chrimbo so we could stabilise over the festive season, and the amount of stupid questions I've had in my email asking to make "just a small change" when we'd been working since Feb on a nightmare of an integration piece (combining woocommerce, WordPress and HubSpot with vendors / developers working in different markets, one of which isn't even a native English speaking region). Aaargh. :evil:
At least in my case I don't think they are being malicious or trying to be hurtful, but it still sucks. I made sure to at least try to clarify to my immediate supervisor that, "hey this isn't the old template you know? I totally redid this."
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 2704
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Jan 2022, 15:51

To be honest, I think most 'non-designers' (and I count myself amongst those!) have zero idea how long some tasks take.

For example, we're launching new products in March.
We've started the re-artworking of our old catalogue that will include the products launched last year that missed the catalogue print deadline AND the products we're launching in March so it's ready for that launch.

Our sales team wants us to create a DIFFERENT catalogue with the products from last year, but as the products that are launching in March aren't due until then, don't want those included, but don't want to wait until March to have this. But they want something "new that they can send to customers" between now and then.

I mean seriously. The amount of page-layouts, product copy, touch-ups, pagination corrections, etc needed and that's whilst chasing assets from our HQ team for the new products so the new catalogue actually makes the March deadline.

I mean... WTF.
If we did stop what we doing to work on an interim, we wouldn't have the new catalogue at all on time and everyone would be complaining that the only collateral they've got between March and May is out of date as it didn't have the products launched in March.

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23174
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Jan 2022, 13:34

Damn, I think this is the most accurate to the comic costume I’ve actually ever seen…like damn

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-movie-cost ... lie-grace/
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 5232
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2022, 15:39

Blackcyclops wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:34
Damn, I think this is the most accurate to the comic costume I’ve actually ever seen…like damn

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-movie-cost ... lie-grace/
Its a little shinier than I would have expected. I always thought it was made out a more rough leather or even cloth maybe.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6837
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2022, 23:52

My liquor cabinet slowly grows. It's been fun making classic drinks.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 23174
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Jan 2022, 23:55

Watched Archive81 today…on episode 3.
So on one hand we have the existence of a being who can reset the entire timeline, destroying everything…, and on the other hand we have a few mind wipes and some gaslighting. You're right, totally evenly weighted.
-Cly

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 4713
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by das_boot » 16 Jan 2022, 12:27

Blackcyclops wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 23:55
Watched Archive81 today…on episode 3.
I’ve started it, it’s a bit slow to start I feel but I’m only on episode one
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 6837
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 16 Jan 2022, 16:01

The synopsis makes me think "What if The Black Tapes had a TV adaptation"

So I guess I'll fire it up.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 4713
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by das_boot » 16 Jan 2022, 16:38

tokenBG1009 wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 16:01
The synopsis makes me think "What if The Black Tapes had a TV adaptation"

So I guess I'll fire it up.
I don’t know what that means.

I feel like I should not have watched this with a hangover. I feel like I needed hallucinogens.
Sinister’s Lab now secretly altering other player’s posts in the RPG section

Post Reply