Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Re: Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 14 Sep 2021, 15:59

XtremeOne1 wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 14:30
I will say, as a staunch democrat, liberal who really likes AOC...I think attending the Met Gala at all, along with a Tax The Rich dress was...bad optics. Many, many, many Met Gala attendees in the past have been, tax evaders, so it's like....come on, girl...I'm sure Anna Wintour has been avoiding pay her taxes for decades.

I hate the whole gala, and it just seems....I don't know...iffy in a time like this. We've got the terrible things going on around the world(pandemics, genocide, the Taliban), locally(Texas, voters' rights, the shrinking middle class, etc...) and you have THIS event, where a bunch of narcissists dress up and pay 30k, a portion of which goes to a 'costume exhibit' at the Met. These people are paying 30k to attend this and get applauded and lauded over for wearing mostly shitty outfits. And at this point the Hollywood types that attend this are mostly influencers anyway...

I'm a bit moody today(I don't think I had enough coffee) so maybe that's why I'm such a stick in the mud but man, do I hate the Met Gala.
I'll be honest, I didn't even know what the Met Gala was until the Hellfire Gala preview + costume designs were coming through, but I'm with you completely. Hate the concept of the entire event. To me the OTT nature of the outfits are boorish and infantile.
Rich people playing dress up. Eugh.

Anna Raven wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 15:16
To all the wrasslin fans, how cool is it Big E won the heavyweight championship!?
VERY COOL. Just please give him back 'Langston'. Big E has got so much character in his facial expressions, and is an absolute machine. I hope they strap a rocket to him on this push.

Cable

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Cable » 14 Sep 2021, 16:28

Jindianajonz wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 15:42
EphemeristX wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:21
A billion is so much more than a million, but it's understandably very hard to get just how big a difference there is between the two numbers.
Here's a cool visualizer showing the difference between $1K, $1M, $1B, and $1JB (Jeff Bezos)
They should note when you reach the end of the scrolling you will be at 10% of US debt. Talk about something hard to conceptualize.
Best Comics of Week 36

X-titles: X-Force #23 by Benjamin Percy (6) and Martin Coccolo (1)
Non-X titles: Defenders #2 by Al Ewing (7) and Javier Rodriguez (1)

In parentheses number of times creator has had best comic this year

BardicOne

Post by BardicOne » 14 Sep 2021, 19:46

Anna Raven wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 15:16
To all the wrasslin fans, how cool is it Big E won the heavyweight championship!?
It is definitely fascinating. Big E getting inserted into the RAW main event after his stint on SmackDown as a mid-carder will shake things up nicely. Now if only we can get the RAW Tag Titles on a real team instead of two singles playing Odd Couple.

In other news I got my first dose of the Moderna Vaccine. Arm is a little sore but otherwise it isn't causing me any problems. Now I just have to grunt through two more days of work and Friday begins my eight-day vacation.
Formerly Known As RingOtaku
posting vlogs and game streams at: https://www.youtube.com/user/gotyoursomething/videos

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Sep 2021, 20:04

When I was having the worst day, I always knew Norm Macdonald was someone I could rely on to turn on his jokes and just laugh so much and feel better. One of the greatest stand-up talents and comedic minds ever. I am so sad at the news of his death.
Best Comics of Week 36

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 14 Sep 2021, 20:07

I was absolutely shocked when I heard. Poor guy.
"You can leave your valuables here
with me," he smiled.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 14 Sep 2021, 20:44

Another entertainer waging a private battle with cancer.

Fuck Cancer.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Sep 2021, 00:20

Norm was by far the best Colonel Sanders. And a damn funny comedian.
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |
The Villain: Xemnu

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Sep 2021, 14:30

Anna Raven wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 00:20
Norm was by far the best Colonel Sanders. And a damn funny comedian.
KFC and auto insurance, State Farm?, were the two places I knew him best as I was never really big into SNL. Norm seemed absolutely hilarious.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » Yesterday, 00:27

Who had "Conservative/Anti-Vaxxers rally around Nicki 'WAP' Minaj" on their bingo card?

What the fuck is wrong with the world?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » Yesterday, 01:19

I like vaccines so much I got another one for influenza.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » Yesterday, 03:09

A picture I took of my fiancee:
Attachments
23AB8D42-B0DA-43B0-8378-E26111776F97.jpeg
23AB8D42-B0DA-43B0-8378-E26111776F97.jpeg (298.46 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » Yesterday, 05:06

Mrs. Bunny Jones has her head in the clouds!

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » Yesterday, 12:26

Great picture and gorgeous lady BC!

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » Yesterday, 13:52

Aw, that's such a cute pic!
with me," he smiled.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » Yesterday, 14:18

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
Yesterday, 05:06
Mrs. Bunny Jones has her head in the clouds!

I legit love you…like seriously I do lol

Thanks guys
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » Yesterday, 15:39

Incredible shot BC! And she's beautiful! So happy for you my man! :D
he / him

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » Yesterday, 15:52

She is really beautiful you lucky guy!
Defenders Draft: Hulk | Scarlet Witch |Colossus | Valkyrie | She-Hulk | Iron Fist |

das_boot

Post by das_boot » Yesterday, 16:15

Blackcyclops wrote:
Yesterday, 03:09
A picture I took of my fiancee:
I’m here to tell you that you haven’t married her quickly enough because GODDAMN ❤️❤️❤️❤️
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Cable

Post by Cable » Yesterday, 16:44

Last night my cousin's husband died from COVID-19. He was in his early 50s with no obvious health problems. That side of my family are Trump fans (actually unfortunately both sides of my family are mostly Trump fans) and don't take COVID seriously at all. While he was dying in the hospital on a ventilator other cousins were actively fighting their school boards to lift mask restrictions. Throughout him dying in the hospital and now after he has passed there has been no mention of the C-word (COVID). As far as I can tell his family is of the position that though he tested positive for COVID at admission to the hospital, he actually died of ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome). Obviously the one caused the other and I do not know if this disconnect in their minds is consciously to avoid embarrassment for him or if they subconsciously don't want to deal with the mind-f#$& that he basically killed himself by going on a vacation and taking no precautions (he and his wife went to Sturgis motorcycle rally last month. She is totally fine and I am sure has some survivor's guilt). But this is maddening for me. You see these stories in the news where anti-vax people are dying of COVID and express regret. Those are sad. But this is much worse. It is denial even after death. They are posting news of his death on Facebook and I want them to be telling people "Don't let this happen to the ones you love! Wear a mask! Get the vaccine!" There is no mention at all of COVID. I so badly want to scream at them all to wake up but I feel I can't because they are grieving. They would think it an inappropriate time even though in ways it is exactly the appropriate time. But it wouldn't penetrate. Their grief would turn to anger and they wouldn't listen. Now I don't want to even to go the funeral because it will be too damaging to my psyche to see a man who is not that old dead of COVID and knowing I will probably be the only one present at that funeral that is both masked and vaxxed. I don't think I can handle it.
Best Comics of Week 36

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » Yesterday, 17:11

I'm sorry to hear that. I have a cousin who just got it and I feel the same way. I don't anything to happen to her, but if she recovers, I can just imagine it being fuel for the "Covid is really just the flu" crowd. As if 1 in 500 Americans now haven't died from it. Not contracted -- died. The number of dead in the US is now high enough to qualify in the top 25 largest cities. It's higher than Oklahoma City and approaching Nashville fast. We're almost to Boston.

There's nothing stopping you from putting the message out. He's your family too, and you're just as allowed to feel sadness and anger and resentment as them. It'll ruffle some feathers, but if they're deliberately hiding/downplaying the facts of his death in a pandemic, you have every right to mention it in your own statement on grief.

If you're like me and completely uncomfortable doing so, I understand, of course. I'm also not the kind of guy to put my business out there on socials.
Last edited by EphemeristX on 17 Sep 2021, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
with me," he smiled.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » Yesterday, 17:48

Cable, I got mad on your behalf just reading that. I’m sorry for your loss. And I’m also sorry that you’re in the situation that you’re in because I would not be able to keep my mouth shut. I’ve missed five or six funerals during various lockdowns due to Covid and while I’m grateful none of them were Covid related, seeing irresponsible behaviour just maddens me. I haven’t the patience to tolerate even “hearing out” anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists, people have lost SO much due to the pandemic and we’re in an age where information is so readily available that there’s just no fucking way that I can tolerate, accept or appreciate people being so careless and stupid and UGH.

Sorry, I kind of made that about me, but trust and believe it started out as a place of sympathetic anger for you.
X-Centric podcast: coming soon!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » Yesterday, 18:18

My brother had a friend Cable it was the exact same story. He leaves a grieving wife and two kids. I don't get it.

manuel_mc89

Post by manuel_mc89 » Yesterday, 20:25

Your story is infuriating Cable, I have seen it happen here in Ecuador but in tremendously lower numbers. Actually, for some reason, in most of latin America the use of masks has not been politicized at all with people willingly isn't them in Ecuador in every place, and the main concerns have never been about wether it use or not the masks or to vaccinate or not, because of politics stances, although a lot of people do fear the vaccine they still got it.

The main concern was to open the economy fast, and we accepted that the only reasons to be safe again to live our previous life is with the vaccine, so, in a matter of a 100 days, 9 million people have gotten the two doses of the vaccine.

I know of a doctor, who quietly was against the vaccine and refused to get it, and almost died of Covid due to complications, he was so mortified of being against it once he got the worst symptoms because he knew he could have avoided them.

It really shocks me how the topic is so divisive in some countries where you know people have died, we have seen it, and you still deny it and refuse masks and vaccines, and actually shame and actively campaing against them.
Legion: I will circle around you until the stars die an the world has forgotten what makes us different, and I will shatter any future that dares to divide us.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » Yesterday, 20:51

I'll never understand it. Even for the people who think "I have God. I'm not afraid to die." should be thinking of others who are afraid of dying.