Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3790
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Gibbering Fool » 05 Nov 2019, 21:42

Lavettye wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 14:41
As what genders do they identify ? :-)

How about calling the brown one Outlaw?
Sorry, the brown tabby is boy, black and white is a girl.

I've tossed around Domino for the girl but the boy is harder to pin a name to. Because they're fosters you don't want to alienate people with too odd or "geeky" a name. So the foster charity aren't keen on something like Drax, or Vader. But you can sneak in names with multiple sources like Rocket or Domino or Outlaw because that can be a reference to colour or personality.

It'd be easier if I could meet them first and get a feel for their personalities

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2649
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Nu-D » 06 Nov 2019, 21:57

Made my first appearance before the state Supreme Court today. Scintillating arguments about the “best evidence rule” and the “business records exception to the rule against hearsay.” I actually had a pretty live bench; they snored through the state’s argument.
He/him/his

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 4182
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Cable » 06 Nov 2019, 22:38

Nu-D wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 21:57
Made my first appearance before the state Supreme Court today. Scintillating arguments about the “best evidence rule” and the “business records exception to the rule against hearsay.” I actually had a pretty live bench; they snored through the state’s argument.
Did you scream at them that they may want the truth but they can't handle the truth?
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #1
Best non X-Comic last week: Miles Morales Spider-Man #12

User avatar
Lavettye
Posts: 388
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 18:33
Location: Germany

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Lavettye » 06 Nov 2019, 22:46

Gibbering Fool wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 21:42
Sorry, the brown tabby is boy, black and white is a girl.

I've tossed around Domino for the girl but the boy is harder to pin a name to. Because they're fosters you don't want to alienate people with too odd or "geeky" a name. So the foster charity aren't keen on something like Drax, or Vader. But you can sneak in names with multiple sources like Rocket or Domino or Outlaw because that can be a reference to colour or personality.

It'd be easier if I could meet them first and get a feel for their personalities
There's not too many male characters associated with Domino that they'd work as a pair other than Cable, and you probably wouldn't want to call him that. Instead you might go with Nate or Wade (for Deadpool)…. and then you'll have to hope that "Domino" won't turn out to be Copy-cat a few months down the road.
[PL_2.0]

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 2649
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Nu-D » 06 Nov 2019, 23:15

Cable wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 22:38
Nu-D wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 21:57
Made my first appearance before the state Supreme Court today. Scintillating arguments about the “best evidence rule” and the “business records exception to the rule against hearsay.” I actually had a pretty live bench; they snored through the state’s argument.
Did you scream at them that they may want the truth but they can't handle the truth?
No, but I did chat up one of the judges about the good ole days of card catalogues and handwritten court records. I think that may have done more to persuade him to vote for my client than any of the technical legal arguments I made.
He/him/his

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5308
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Nov 2019, 10:54

Bought a lightsaber this weekend. It came in on Sunday and I've been playing with it all week. It certainly put a bright spot on a bit of a disappointing weekend. I've been trying to learn how to twirl it all week. I'm gonna get it down and be a bitchin' Jedi next Halloween.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3790
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Gibbering Fool » 08 Nov 2019, 01:29

in the end we named our fosters after Aussie biscuits. I got to name the whole litter so I didn't want to force comic names on the other carers taking the rest. I was going to go with Domino and Wade but maybe that'll be the next fosters :-D.

Photos below
Attachments
Screenshot_20191108-112844_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-112844_Gallery.jpg (782.68 KiB) Viewed 216 times

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1575
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 08 Nov 2019, 16:03

Stop tempting me to get new kitten. My cat Betsy (yes as in Braddock) will hate me for it. She loves being the spoiled only child.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
Omnicon
Posts: 125
Joined: 23 Mar 2019, 16:09

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Omnicon » 08 Nov 2019, 21:27

He has always a lot of pussy at home.

I said it, because everyone else thought about saying it but didn’t have the guts to do it.

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5308
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Nov 2019, 08:34

Speaking of 12 year olds...

I logged into my LiveJournal today. It's cringey.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1575
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 09 Nov 2019, 16:58

tokenBG1009 wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 08:34
Speaking of 12 year olds...

I logged into my LiveJournal today. It's cringey.
Is there poetry? Never ever go back and read any poetry wrote before the age of 20. It's an act of self-preservation.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 5395
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 09 Nov 2019, 23:03

It bothers me that we still need to campaign to save Lodge 49!

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 5308
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Nov 2019, 07:18

RingOtaku wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 16:58
tokenBG1009 wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 08:34
Speaking of 12 year olds...

I logged into my LiveJournal today. It's cringey.
Is there poetry? Never ever go back and read any poetry wrote before the age of 20. It's an act of self-preservation.
Long lyrics everywhere. One of the posts was just the lyrics to "Until the Day I Die"

There was also a post that was "My Immortal", "45", "Under My Skin", and..."Songs About Jane." This was about 2004 so I was 15 at the time. Everything was so...bad. I'm kind of happy I hadn't found these forums yet and wouldn't for a couple of years.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1575
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 10 Nov 2019, 16:22

tokenBG1009 wrote:
10 Nov 2019, 07:18
RingOtaku wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 16:58
tokenBG1009 wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 08:34
Speaking of 12 year olds...

I logged into my LiveJournal today. It's cringey.
Is there poetry? Never ever go back and read any poetry wrote before the age of 20. It's an act of self-preservation.
Long lyrics everywhere. One of the posts was just the lyrics to "Until the Day I Die"

There was also a post that was "My Immortal", "45", "Under My Skin", and..."Songs About Jane." This was about 2004 so I was 15 at the time. Everything was so...bad. I'm kind of happy I hadn't found these forums yet and wouldn't for a couple of years.
The Lyrics. Your bravery in facing that past is epic. Like Hallmark Movie epic.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 4182
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Cable » 11 Nov 2019, 22:12

Tomorrow is Disney Plus Day!

I can't wait to watch all the classic Disney movies like Cinderella 3: Twist in Time, Mulan II, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, Return to Neverland, Hunchback of Notre Dame II, Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, Jungle Book II, 101 Dalmations II: Patch's London Adventure, Return of Jafar, and of course Bambi II.
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #1
Best non X-Comic last week: Miles Morales Spider-Man #12

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1575
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 11 Nov 2019, 22:48

Cable wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 22:12
Tomorrow is Disney Plus Day!

I can't wait to watch all the classic Disney movies like Cinderella 3: Twist in Time, Mulan II, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, Return to Neverland, Hunchback of Notre Dame II, Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, Jungle Book II, 101 Dalmations II: Patch's London Adventure, Return of Jafar, and of course Bambi II.
Don't forget about Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas, and Belle's Magical World.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Post Reply