Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
tokenBG1009

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Jun 2019, 06:31

More #1stWorldProblems

My job has lunch brought in every day. My shift is 11P - 8A so the food is left in the fridge for us. The microwave at work is broken. There's another in the admin building, but that involves walking to the break room in our building, making food, and carrying it over to the admin building to microwave it. I also really don't want to spend my lunch break in there. It's just a dark empty building during my shift that I'm most likely going to set the alarm off going into.

I should really never complain about how difficult my life is.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 06 Jun 2019, 06:42

RingOtaku wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 04:17

I stumbled into a good compromise: My female of romantic connections is comics-curious so I get to explain stories and stuff to her while we snuggle and she asks for more.
Pardon? It’s comics related knowledge, I hope..

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Jun 2019, 09:29

SK— Fat Buddha? Closed last week for good :/

As for the nightclub you’ll either be talking about Players or Klute (the latter of which plays the same songs in the same order every night it’s open!)
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 06 Jun 2019, 10:37

Yeah Fat Budha, the massive one near what was (and probably still is...) a Wetherspoons? Aww, that's a shame, that place was ace.

Players sounds more familiar as a name, but can't be sure. It's been about five years since I was last up in that part of the world (except for an overnight stay in Darlington last year with work, which is chalk and cheese to Durham...God that place is a dump).

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 06 Jun 2019, 12:12

Darlington is pure Satan. It’s nearly as bad as Luton.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Cable

Post by Cable » 06 Jun 2019, 16:04

Last week the first episode of Swamp Thing premiered. This week Swamp Thing was cancelled.

Oh Warner Bros, never change.
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #9
Best non X-Comic last week: Immortal Hulk #19

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 06 Jun 2019, 17:09

Cable wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 16:04
Last week the first episode of Swamp Thing premiered. This week Swamp Thing was cancelled.

New plan! Scrap the old plan!
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback | Taskmaster | Domino | Nuke | Trickshot | Jolt | Troll
Avengers International Draft: France | Monica Rambeau | Tamara Devoux | Jacques Duquesne | Batroc |

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 06 Jun 2019, 18:29

Anna Raven wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 17:09
Cable wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 16:04

New plan! Scrap the old plan!
Crisis in Infinite Swamps?
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Jun 2019, 22:56

I can't believe Swamp Thing got axed before I even saw an episode. It was NC's fault for not being able to give the full promised tax break. https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-swamp-thing ... 1835299761

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 07 Jun 2019, 00:36

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 22:56
I can't believe Swamp Thing got axed before I even saw an episode. It was NC's fault for not being able to give the full promised tax break. https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-swamp-thing ... 1835299761
This was hilarious to me. Paperwork was the difference between a $40 Million tax break and a $16 Million tax break.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Jun 2019, 03:28

tokenBG1009 wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 00:36
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 22:56
This was hilarious to me. Paperwork was the difference between a $40 Million tax break and a $16 Million tax break.
They've apparently retracted that report, but still, it shows how much these studios depend on these grants and tax breaks.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher | Black Cat | Moon Knight (as Kraven the Hunter) | Diamondback | Taskmaster | Domino | Nuke | Trickshot | Jolt | Troll
Avengers International Draft: France | Monica Rambeau | Tamara Devoux | Jacques Duquesne | Batroc |

Cable

Post by Cable » 08 Jun 2019, 13:10

X-men Comics are on sale over at Marvel's digital comics shop
Best X-Comic last week: X-Force #9
Best non X-Comic last week: Immortal Hulk #19

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 09 Jun 2019, 22:02

Sorry I haven't responded! Spektral and token, you asked what I do - I do curriculum research and psychological study for a tech company that services top tier universities like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford (among others). I used to teach, but this was a great opportunity to do research and see how to make curriculum better at the university level, as well as get paid a hell of a lot more.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 10 Jun 2019, 13:49

Milkshake08 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:02
Sorry I haven't responded! Spektral and token, you asked what I do - I do curriculum research and psychological study for a tech company that services top tier universities like Harvard, Yale, and Stanford (among others). I used to teach, but this was a great opportunity to do research and see how to make curriculum better at the university level, as well as get paid a hell of a lot more.
Quit bragging!!! #YearofTheWoman

Lol, seriously that sounds like the dream job.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 12 Jun 2019, 03:11

UXM.net and woodworkingtalk.com are my last social network accounts. Deleted my Facebook a month ago, Changed all my passwords to comments sections to strings of nonsense that is didn’t save.

I’ll keep this one alive ‘cause I like y’all, and rarely stick my foot too deep in my mouth here.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Jun 2019, 04:35

Nu-D wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 03:11
UXM.net and woodworkingtalk.com are my last social network accounts. Deleted my Facebook a month ago, Changed all my passwords to comments sections to strings of nonsense that is didn’t save.

I’ll keep this one alive ‘cause I like y’all, and rarely stick my foot too deep in my mouth here.
We like you too!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Jun 2019, 04:37

tokenBG1009 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 04:35
Nu-D wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 03:11

We like you too!
Seconded.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Jun 2019, 09:03

So, I guess we had ice cream at work today. They left some out for us!

...it was all melted because they left it out for us.

Also, lessons I should've learned long ago: Don't argue with people who only want you to accept their viewpoint. The moment they're presented with evidence to prove them wrong they throw a fit and retreat further into their own opinion.

Got into an argument over whether the world of Pokemon is futuristic. I say it is, best friend says it isn't.

BF: It has futuristic elements, but it's not like they go into cyberspace
Me: They go into cyberspace in the Porygon episode
BF: You are now looking for specific situations to prove an opinion wrong, and I'm going to bow out.

It's been 20 years. I don't know why I debate with this man.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 13 Jun 2019, 10:41

tokenBG1009 wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 09:03
So, I guess we had ice cream at work today. They left some out for us!

...it was all melted because they left it out for us.

Also, lessons I should've learned long ago: Don't argue with people who only want you to accept their viewpoint. The moment they're presented with evidence to prove them wrong they throw a fit and retreat further into their own opinion.

Got into an argument over whether the world of Pokemon is futuristic. I say it is, best friend says it isn't.

BF: It has futuristic elements, but it's not like they go into cyberspace
Me: They go into cyberspace in the Porygon episode
BF: You are now looking for specific situations to prove an opinion wrong, and I'm going to bow out.

It's been 20 years. I don't know why I debate with this man.
There’s been a lot of social science media coverage on this lately. It’s pretty basic to human nature. This article touches on it a bit. Best I could find on short notice: https://www.vox.com/2016/11/23/13708996 ... er-science

Anyhow, based on your quoted dialogue, I think your friend was asserting this to be an “opinion” and therefore not up for debate. That’s a bit inconsistent with his earlier effort to support his opinion with a factual argument. But people are rarely consistent. In my view, the statement is actually a factual statement, not an opinion. It does include judgment as to what “futuristic” means, but it is not an expression of a preference.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Jun 2019, 16:24

I thought that the whole point of Pokemon was that they were living in a post-apocalyptic utopia and that creatures had mutated due to radiation, and that’s why you never really see any 20-40 year old men in the world, because they were all killed during the war...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jun 2019, 16:37

Wait...lol

My X-Men Draft Picks:

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Jun 2019, 17:27

das_boot wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 16:24
I thought that the whole point of Pokemon was that they were living in a post-apocalyptic utopia and that creatures had mutated due to radiation, and that’s why you never really see any 20-40 year old men in the world, because they were all killed during the war...
Professor Oak. He has a grandson, he is clearly older than that age range. Not to mention in Gen 2 the daycare breeder.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 13 Jun 2019, 17:29

Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 16:37
Wait...lol
Lt. Surge directly mentions “the war”. Most of the men in the games are either old or scientists or pretty young. Literally the definition of the game is about animals that evolve using a kind of energy. Some of them even change when exposed to certain stones or environments.

100%, this is a post-apocalypse that somehow ended okay for the most part other than the doomsday cults/criminal element 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: Professor Oak LITERALLY tells you that he has a grandson the same age as you. You’re canonically 14.

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Jun 2019, 17:31

What about later gens where we see males in that 20-30 range?

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jun 2019, 17:32

This maybe holds true if you stay with Gen1...as soon as you start adding Arceus and stuff idk...

My X-Men Draft Picks: