Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
Cable

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Cable » 06 Dec 2018, 02:14

tokenBG1009 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 01:50
There's a quote from Pixie where she talks about being dark and gothy

Anyone remember the issue?
That's a f#*$ing classic! Uncanny #503!
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 06 Dec 2018, 04:16

Cable wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 02:14
tokenBG1009 wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 01:50
There's a quote from Pixie where she talks about being dark and gothy

Anyone remember the issue?
That's a f#*$ing classic! Uncanny #503!
Bless you
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Dec 2018, 04:49

Too bad Vox Lux isn't about Natalie Portman literally transmuting vox into lux like Dazzler.

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 06 Dec 2018, 20:16

I watched the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern last night. It deserves every bit of scorn that has been heaped on it. I can’t fathom why any actor with any integrity, upon reading the script, would agree to be in that movie. I guess if you just need the work...

I really dislike Reynolds. His Deadpool is fine, but he’s buried under prosthetics and/or a mask. His face acting is atrocious.

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 06 Dec 2018, 22:40

Wook at dis widdle adowable family of piggies!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/20 ... daredevil/

Cable

Post by Cable » 07 Dec 2018, 00:25

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 22:40
Wook at dis widdle adowable family of piggies!
Where is your Spider-Ham figure
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Dec 2018, 01:57

I don't have one yet.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Dec 2018, 03:19

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 01:57
I don't have one yet.
Key word, yet.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 07 Dec 2018, 21:45

How do we want to discuss the Esleworlds crossover? Thoughts after each part in their respective series (which are out of their usual order) or one combined thread?

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 08 Dec 2018, 04:08

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 21:45
How do we want to discuss the Esleworlds crossover? Thoughts after each part in their respective series (which are out of their usual order) or one combined thread?
I would say one combined thread.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 10 Dec 2018, 00:10

So question for any audiophiles on here: I inherited all my dad's vinyl when he passed away last year and just now got around to buying a record player from U-Turn turntables as recommended to me by a friend. Do you know if I need speakers? Or what kind of adapter can I get to pair it with blue tooth? I'd prefer not to get any at all, but I don't know if the preamp is a speaker or not. Help me! I know nothing of these things!

EvilMonkeyPope

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 10 Dec 2018, 11:28

Is Fogo de Chao worth the price?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Dec 2018, 13:48

Milkshake08 wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 00:10
So question for any audiophiles on here: I inherited all my dad's vinyl when he passed away last year and just now got around to buying a record player from U-Turn turntables as recommended to me by a friend. Do you know if I need speakers? Or what kind of adapter can I get to pair it with blue tooth? I'd prefer not to get any at all, but I don't know if the preamp is a speaker or not. Help me! I know nothing of these things!
Um... it would really depend on whether or not it already has speakers built into the record player or not... you may have to get a set of speakers to go with it if it has audio jacks built into it. You can also get devices that will record the vinyl and put it into MP3 format if storage is an issue :)
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Dec 2018, 15:04

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 11:28
Is Fogo de Chao worth the price?
Yesssss. Get ready for the meat sweats.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Dec 2018, 18:54

das_boot wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 13:48
Milkshake08 wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 00:10
Um... it would really depend on whether or not it already has speakers built into the record player or not... you may have to get a set of speakers to go with it if it has audio jacks built into it. You can also get devices that will record the vinyl and put it into MP3 format if storage is an issue :)
Eugh, and massively compress the sound quality?
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 10 Dec 2018, 19:31

"I intend to say to the right honourable lady that, if she looks carefully, she'll see I'm not capable of a Parliamentary ejaculation"...

Words actually spoken by the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in the House of Commons after being accused of "premature Parliamentary ejaculation". You just can't make this stuff up.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Dec 2018, 19:33

_Rick_ wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 19:31
"I intend to say to the right honourable lady that, if she looks carefully, she'll see I'm not capable of a Parliamentary ejaculation"...

Words actually spoken by the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in the House of Commons after being accused of "premature Parliamentary ejaculation". You just can't make this stuff up.
Ugh. She’s just a joke at this point. One that doesn’t even have a good punchline but has already gone on for far too long.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 10 Dec 2018, 19:41

das_boot wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 19:33
_Rick_ wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 19:31

Ugh. She’s just a joke at this point. One that doesn’t even have a good punchline but has already gone on for far too long.
I don't even understand what she hopes to accomplish here. If Parliament will not accept her deal they won't change their minds overnight without a massive change and it's way too late for the EU to change anything crucial like the backstop. She's delaying the inevitable and in doing so creating instability and further damaging the UK's reputation worldwide.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 10 Dec 2018, 20:24

I saw this and thought of all of you:

Andy Serkis as Gollum as Theresa May is Utter Perfection
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Dec 2018, 21:54

Unless May goes, it's a hard Brexit. The deal as it stands won't get through Parliament, the EU have no appetite for further negotiations with a leader who can't lead (or one who can't implement heir diktat in any case) and she is far too bloody stubborn to revoke or to put it to a second referendum.

I'm really not sure how any change in leadership will help either at this stage. Corbyn wants a custom union with free trade opportunities, which is never going to happen, the Brexiteers want Canada ++ that'll never get past the Remainers in Parliament, and the Remainers (SNP, LD, Greens and the rag tag elements of the Tories and Labour) won't have a leadership candidate in the game.

Any talk of a People's Vote is neutered by the fact there's only really three options, all of which Parliament either has, or inevitably will, vote against regardless, and takes at best guess 22 weeks to action.

It's a complete cluster...
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 10 Dec 2018, 23:59

Eph, you’re the sixth person to direct my attention to that video ha ha ha

Spectral, the whole lot of them ought to be ashamed, but she’s just the worst. It honestly feels like her entire goal is to make every mistake just that little bit more ridiculous and stupid to distract from the previous one.

She’s a dick.

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 11 Dec 2018, 00:05

Maybe Meghan should text Harry what she wants, and he’ll make sure it happens? :mrgreen:

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 11 Dec 2018, 06:12

das_boot wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 23:59
Spectral, the whole lot of them ought to be ashamed, but she’s just the worst. It honestly feels like her entire goal is to make every mistake just that little bit more ridiculous and stupid to distract from the previous one.

She’s a dick.
I agree. I think May could have been an okay steady as she goes PM, but for the greatest legislative challenge the UK has faced in decades with a highly divided house, she's blundered consistently. I think her stupidest mistakes have been to make promises and state red lines that she's had not a chance in hell in delivering making her appear extremely duplicitous as well as incompetence. I still see no way out of this mess even if a decent challenger appears mind. The whole of the UK must appear somewhat daft on the world stage.
X-Editorial:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 11 Dec 2018, 09:24

Spectral Knight wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 06:12
das_boot wrote:

She’s a dick.
I agree. I think May could have been an okay steady as she goes PM, but for the greatest legislative challenge the UK has faced in decades with a highly divided house, she's blundered consistently. I think her stupidest mistakes have been to make promises and state red lines that she's had not a chance in hell in delivering making her appear extremely duplicitous as well as incompetence. I still see no way out of this mess even if a decent challenger appears mind. The whole of the UK must appear somewhat daft on the world stage.
Give us Americans about a week. We'll find a way to make you look not so bad again.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 11 Dec 2018, 09:49

Spectral Knight wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 06:12
das_boot wrote:

She’s a dick.
I don’t think she should have ever been anywhere near power. She’s a homophobic, tax-dodging shit-heel.