Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
Spectral Knight

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Spectral Knight » 09 Nov 2018, 14:39

This forum is probably one of the 'tamest' - not for lacking intellectual rigour though (far from it), but generally, everyone gets along, despite differences.

I've got to say, in other places, I can be a complete and utter dick. Why? Because in other places, it's the done thing. It also lets me vent my rage at humanity. I like to think of Unstable Molecules as the office where behaviour needs to be moderated*, and other forums as being in a pub beer garden taking the piss out of friends (often crudely, often with black humour).

*I used to think the moderation on here was well harsh...must've grown up in all that time I've been posting here... :roll:
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Nov 2018, 14:44

I dunno. I know when I put myself on hiatus here it was partly because I felt like every time I posted about how the X-Line was pissing me off, I got a pass, but newer posters saying almost the exact same thing as me, or agreeing with me, would get jumped on. I think there’s certainly an air of cliquishness here at times (which, again, back in the day I was part of, so I’m by no means claiming i’m innocent in this). I do think we’re a lot less hostile than most other boards and forums but every so often there’s an element of passive-aggressiveness, or semi-entitled calling out from older posters to newer posters which has never quite sat right with me.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Nov 2018, 15:44

I’m almost always disagreeing with most of you people, and unless the person comes off as dickish, it’s usually all good.

Even when people say somethings I consider sexist, racist or homophobic, I think i show really good restraint...more than i show in the real world.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 09 Nov 2018, 15:55

Anna Raven wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 22:50
RingOtaku wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 22:23
When Rogues collide
Milkshake knows I still love her, because we are the two best Rogue fans in the universe! (hyperbole!)
We truly, truly are!

And hey, y'all are still making great points, it's just that we have different perspectives. Some of our points are actually saying the same thing, honestly.

And das, yeah I've seen how we can be cliquish occasionally, although I think this is a much safer place to discuss stuff than virtually any other forum or online anything I've experienced, at least as a female. I mean...usually when someone is getting piled on here it's because they've said something sexist, racist, or homophobic, and I rarely see that in the first place. But a lot of you have been here longer than me, too, I think. We've had a few new players in the game here lately, and I think they've been treated pretty well, but I can't speak for them I suppose.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Nov 2018, 16:01

I at least have the same energy when I disagree with a new mutant as I do when me and Xtreme disagree for the 100th time.

Basically anyone I debated with through the Fraction Era, just knows that I can get passionate about my point lol...speaking kf, I know for a fact I get an attitude when new comers come in and talk about liking that era because in my mind I always think “WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS ALL ALONE?????”

My X-Men Draft Picks:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 09 Nov 2018, 16:02

I've learned you stay off moderator radar if you're not a dick to other posters and don't make personal attacks against creators. Say you don't like something all day, but don't be an ass about it.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 09 Nov 2018, 16:22

I've not noticed the cliques. Does that mean I'm ignorant as heck, or does that mean I'm part of these cliques. :lol:
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 09 Nov 2018, 16:32

I don't think I've ever been in a clique in any community. Mostly because I'm too busy being surprised I'm being allowed in at all.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 09 Nov 2018, 20:41

Oh I definitely think there was cliques. I know that at one point there was a definite clique with the homosexuals of the board, and I certainly felt like I mentally referenced some posters as “the positivity police”.

I also know that the majority of the UXN posters that I have as friends on Facebook are due to the Betrayal Games, specifically when you could view who was sending private messages to whom on the old board by viewing their profile. I dunno. Cliques are natural I guess. We all gravitate to people we share things in common with, and whilst I think this forum is a lot more welcoming than others, I also think that sometimes we’re tough to break into for new posters.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 10 Nov 2018, 00:25

Obviously it's https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dyna ... 700487.jpg They defined pro wrestling for the biggest two companies in the USA for several years. Mostly by being dicks and holding people down but STILL they made an Impact that is felt to this day.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Nov 2018, 05:40

It always tickles me that Sean Waltman is part of that. The most famous thing that man did was create a sex type with Chyna.
A League of Their Own!

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Nov 2018, 05:58

I liked X-Pac. Sure, he was sleazy as hell, and X-Factor was the absolute worst wrestling stable ever, but the man could work. I think people underestimate how good he was in the ring, and when he was on form he could also cut pretty awesome promos (his shoot when returning to the then WWF and joining DX was fantastic). Unfortunately he was really small for the time which was always gonna limit his progression, and he was also on a decade long coke binge, so y'know...

What's even better was the under the radar inclusion of Justin Credible, also known as the fabulous Aldo Montoya, the Portuguese Man O'War. Jesus, with the friends he had backstage how did his career go so badly.
X-Editorial:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 10 Nov 2018, 06:19

I actually really liked X-Pac as a kid. The Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight divisions were my favorite due to the acrobatics. Waltman just constantly faded into the background of any stable he was part of.
A League of Their Own!

Crutey Anth

Post by Crutey Anth » 10 Nov 2018, 13:51

Spectral Knight wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 05:58
I liked X-Pac. Sure, he was sleazy as hell, and X-Factor was the absolute worst wrestling stable ever, but the man could work. I think people underestimate how good he was in the ring, and when he was on form he could also cut pretty awesome promos (his shoot when returning to the then WWF and joining DX was fantastic). Unfortunately he was really small for the time which was always gonna limit his progression, and he was also on a decade long coke binge, so y'know...

What's even better was the under the radar inclusion of Justin Credible, also known as the fabulous Aldo Montoya, the Portuguese Man O'War. Jesus, with the friends he had backstage how did his career go so badly.
I remember I was really supportive of X-Factor and wanted them to do well. That said I have always loved tag-team wrestling, even better when its 3-4man teams. I remember playing years and years of seasons on Smackdown 2 as Albert (with Test as his partner) and Steve Blackman/Al Snow in Head Cheese trying to win all the titles.

Booker T and Goldust, The Smackdown 6, Young dragons vs 3count (who when separated into 3 groups), Benoit and Jericho, Christian and Jericho, Revival vs DIY etc

God I wish WWE liked tag teams

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 10 Nov 2018, 15:56

Yeah X-Pac is one of those guys who is a hell of a worker but prefers to support others than aggressively pursue his own career push. So he often came off as a sidekick.

Tag Teams are great. I still love those backstage segments with the APA in their "office" playing poker.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Nov 2018, 16:05

There's plenty of talent in the tag ranks but I think whenever there's a roster split the division suffers. I loved during the Attitude Era how deep the tag division was, regardless of the big three of Edge and Christian, Hardy Boys, and the Dudleys, there was the APA, Too Cool, NAO, the Holly Cousins, plus loads of reasonable put together teams around like Kane and X-Pac, Rock and Sock Connection, Mideon and Viscera etc. Great time for tag team wrestling.
X-Editorial:

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 10 Nov 2018, 17:19

Yeah but Vince will never properly push tag teams. Look at the AoP last week on RAW. Dominant tag team push since they got called up to the main roster (that got put on pause for a few months but still) and they didn't crush one man in a couple minutes? Why? Because he's Seth Freakin' Rollins :( It's like back in the day on an ep of SmackDown you had The Rock fight competitively and almost beat the Dudley Boyz in a tables match. Why? Cause Rocky was the challenger to the WWE Title so that makes him that much more awesome than the tag champs. Even back then as a Rock fan I was like "That's some bullshit"

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 10 Nov 2018, 17:34

Crutey Anth wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 13:51

Booker T and Goldust,
More proof I'm old because I saw this and just thought "What? Doesn't he mean Booker T and Stevie Ray?"
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 10 Nov 2018, 18:12

Booker and Goldie were hilarious. Classic odd couple team.
X-Editorial:

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 18 Nov 2018, 02:46

Not that I ever thought he was anything more than an unsufferable asshole, but...

Bill Maher is a scum of a guy
A League of Their Own!

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Nov 2018, 03:02

tokenBG1009 wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 02:46
Not that I ever thought he was anything more than an unsufferable asshole, but...

He's a truly, truly terrible person.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 18 Nov 2018, 16:26

Anna Raven wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 03:02
tokenBG1009 wrote:

I think I missed something. Did Maher do something new?

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Nov 2018, 19:53

RingOtaku wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 16:26
Anna Raven wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 03:02
tokenBG1009 wrote:

I think I missed something. Did Maher do something new?
He trashed Stan Lee's influence on the world, saying comics are for children, and the fact that adults now read comic books and think they are literature is the reason Trump got elected.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 18 Nov 2018, 20:38

He said comics helped contribute to the infantilization of America (he talked about the use of the word adulting and the extension of childhood). He said only a country that takes comics serious would elect Trump.

Now your takes on Trump are irrelevant in assessing that point alone...like manga is serious s*** in Japan and they seem to be doing just fine.

My X-Men Draft Picks: