Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
das_boot

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by das_boot » 02 Jun 2018, 11:48

Blackcyclops wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:03
das_boot wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:43
Cable wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 16:06
Everyone watch the documentary Evil Genius on Netflix. Erie is the city I live near and the pizza bomber is our only claim to fame.
Watched it. I have issues with the final ten minutes or so because I suspect it was staged to add credence to the documentary but DAMN. The rest was a solid documentary.

I thought the same thing. Given the success of Making a Murderer and the other doc about the Nun, I thought maybe they were trying to do something BIG for the finale.
It was rigged. 100% Rigger Morris
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 02 Jun 2018, 12:37

das_boot wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:48
:lol: :lol: :lol: Though no episode this week made me sad.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 02 Jun 2018, 13:25

AntiBody wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 12:37
das_boot wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:48
:lol: :lol: :lol: Though no episode this week made me sad.
Don’t even. So mad. Ha ha ha
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Jun 2018, 12:53

I’m peeved that the 2017 iPad that I bought refurbished from Apple feels more cheaply made than the 2014 iPad Air 2 I was replacing. I knew going in that the new device was a little fatter and a little heavier, but I was surprised to find that the screen feels like plastic instead of glass. I’m sure I’ll get over it, but Apple dropped the ball on this one. Why take such a step backwards?

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 05 Jun 2018, 14:22

Nu-D wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 12:53
I’m peeved that the 2017 iPad that I bought refurbished from Apple feels more cheaply made than the 2014 iPad Air 2 I was replacing. I knew going in that the new device was a little fatter and a little heavier, but I was surprised to find that the screen feels like plastic instead of glass. I’m sure I’ll get over it, but Apple dropped the ball on this one. Why take such a step backwards?
Because it's Apple. They run a cult not a tech business. Just Keep Buying Apple and the Elder Gods will be appeased.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Jun 2018, 15:29

RingOtaku wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 14:22
Nu-D wrote:
Because it's Apple. They run a cult not a tech business. Just Keep Buying Apple and the Elder Gods will be appeased.
Oh, get a grip. Apple makes consumer tech products for those of us who want everything to interface smoothly, and don’t want to have to learn a bunch of techie stuff. Every time I try to use a Windows machine or Android device, some message pops up with some jargon I can’t understand. I have to download codecs and drivers and all sorts of crap I don’t want to think about. On my Mac, it all is just done for me so I can use the device without wasting my time. Are they perfect? No. But for me they work better and smoother than any other digital ecosystem.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 05 Jun 2018, 15:32

Look! Nu-D's been possessed by Beelzepple! Get the holy water!
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Jun 2018, 15:34

EphemeristX wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 15:32
Look! Nu-D's been possessed by Beelzepple! Get the holy water!
:lol:

And FWIW, I have been using both Apple and non-Apple machines since the 1980’s. My first Apple was an Apple IIe wich I bought to replace my Commodore 64c. I’ve had Performas, Quadras, old black and white PowerBooks with a track ball, MacBooks and now iPads and Mac Minis (never an iPhone, though). I’ve also owned and used dos machines, Windows machines, and currently have an android tablet and phone. I’ve considered shifting towards chrome os, but I’m not ready to give up on local storage.

The problem here is that Apple took a superlative product, and took two steps backwards with the weight, size and screen. Some of that was apparent from the specs, but some you would only know from handling it. That’s frustrating and particularly with the screen it’s rather unfathomable to me.

Cable

Post by Cable » 05 Jun 2018, 16:00

Is the new plastic screen maybe harder to break?
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 05 Jun 2018, 16:08

Cable wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 16:00
Is the new plastic screen maybe harder to break?
I’m not sure it’s actually a difference between plastic and glass. Just that the old one felt hard and solid, and this one feels more plastic-y to the touch and the tapping sound when you touch it sounds more plastic-y too.

Maybe there’s a good reason, but it’s disappointing.

Also, to be clear, this is not the new 2018 iPad they just rolled out. It’s last year’s model.

Milkshake08

Post by Milkshake08 » 07 Jun 2018, 04:18

RingOtaku wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 14:22
Nu-D wrote:
They got me! I don't even like my iPhone, it sucks ALL THE TIME, but I keep replacing it because I don't want to relearn android...and my Marvel Future Fight is saved in the cloud.

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Jun 2018, 07:37

Marvel Strike Force is better. And it just got Deadpool and Cable.

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 07 Jun 2018, 23:30

Well. That giant THUD you just heard was the Disney Fox deal most likely falling through thanks to Comcast. I swear to God if X-Men become a Comcast property....
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues

Cable

Post by Cable » 08 Jun 2018, 00:00

It is problematic that Disney's offer is all stock because recent events (Solo's weak performance, Roseanne cancellation, #MeToo, etc) are causing their stock to be all wobbly. Comcast is just offering up cold hard cash.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 08 Jun 2018, 03:20

I thought the X-movies couldn't get worse but Universal would be a bust. The only thing they have going for them is the Fast & Furious franchise, their animated movies and Jurassic Park. Considering how their Dark Universe franchise was DOA on its first movie and their two viable franchises weren't conceived as such, I can't imagine how they will handle the X-Men as franchise.

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 08 Jun 2018, 07:08

I'm fine with Comcast getting Fox.

If they sell off the X-Men/F4 assets to Marvel. I could've sworn I'd heard that Fox actually wanted stock though. Plus, while this year hasn't been GREAT for Disney next year is going to see the release of Avengers 4 AND Episode IX, which are both going to end up being billion dollar releases. If Captain Marvel is a success that's another feather in the cap.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

_Rick_

Post by _Rick_ » 08 Jun 2018, 13:19

I think people were assuming that there was a preference for stock because, as long as Fox doesn't immediately cash out, it's not considered income, which means they wouldn't have to pay taxes. However, if the stocks aren't worth as much as expected, then Disney's offer has basically gone down in value, which makes it far less appealing than before.

As for Disney's future successes, they might not be as guaranteed. Avengers IV will probably do well but it remains to be seen if the interest will continue past that. And Star Wars??? That's a big question mark right now. Even if we ignore the disaster that is Solo, Last Jedi made 700K less at the box office than Force Awakens. If the numbers for the next one drop even just half of that, episode IX will not reach 1 billion. And honestly I don't see why the trend wouldn't continue to some extent. A good portion of the movie audience heavily disliked the Last Jedi and the next movie won't have the allure of having any of the 3 originals to fall back onto. Also we need to bear in mind that, in order to have those high numbers, you need the international audience and they're far less attached to it compared to Americans. It would be far easier for them to drop it ... and they have been.

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 08 Jun 2018, 17:16

Cable wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 00:00
It is problematic that Disney's offer is all stock because recent events (Solo's weak performance, Roseanne cancellation, #MeToo, etc) are causing their stock to be all wobbly. Comcast is just offering up cold hard cash.
The Roseanne and Tv Stuff is much heavier than the Solo performance tbh...Disney has alot of potent properties that aren’t Star wars and Marvel (even if some people forget that). But ABC and ESPN aren’t doing so hot...then again neither is NBC...
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Cosmos666

Post by Cosmos666 » 08 Jun 2018, 18:03

I don't think that Disney is in any trouble here. They are still the biggest entertainment company with many properties under their belts to explore and I don't see any of the big 6 remainers (Warner, Universal, Paramount, Sony/Columbia) coming for the crown, specially with the current franchise flopping hot potato going hand to hand among the four. Then there's the upcoming streaming service which will probably concentrate all Disney properties under one service which means access to all its library including the animated movies, so yeah....

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 08 Jun 2018, 18:20

From what I understand, this fight is really over Hulu. Comcast, Fox, and Disney each own 30% of it. Whoever buys Fox will essentially own a streaming service. That's what all this is really over. The X-Men are sort of just caught in the middle.

Cable

Post by Cable » 14 Jun 2018, 14:09

My country isn't in the World Cup so I am going to cheer for England. Don't let me down!

(Germany or Brazil are going to win again aren't they?)

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Jun 2018, 13:04

Cable wrote:
14 Jun 2018, 14:09
My country isn't in the World Cup so I am going to cheer for England. Don't let me down!

I'm English so I have no choice on who I have to cheer but England will definitely disappoint us both Cable. Can't see 52 years of hurt ending even with a young and attacking team... Southgate is too nervous and conservative and his squad selection was a little odd... How Smalling never made the squad, whilst Cahill and Jones did is beyond me - for my money Smalling had the best season of any centre back in the league, let alone just English defenders.

Spain - Portugal was a cracking game. Ronaldo is probably the best player ever.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego
X-Editorial: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Meggan, Maverick, Toad

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 17 Jun 2018, 09:48

Cable wrote:
14 Jun 2018, 14:09

Germany or Brazil for sure. England should make it to the next round, but if we don’t finish top of our group, we’ll likely get a reasonably strong team in that match up (if you finish first in your group, you play a team who came in second in another group; if you came in second, it means you’re playing someone who came in first in their group). It’s possible we COULD potentially reach the top 8 with a bit of luck and some weak match-ups, but the way the tournament’s gone so far, I 100% think that it’s just going to be a case of our relatively young team getting out-classed by more experienced teams.

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 17 Jun 2018, 20:08

After four days of this World Cup I'm thoroughly fed up with VAR. The application of technology has been matched by a baffling process, huge delays and the rampant refereeing inconsistency we get every four years. So all they've really achieved is slowing down the game.
MCU Draft
Heroes - Jessica Jones|Rocket|Ghost Rider|Leo Fitz|Sif|Howard Stark|Gert + Old Lace
Villains: Loki|Killgrave|Ego
X-Editorial: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Meggan, Maverick, Toad

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 18 Jun 2018, 04:22

I'm rooting for Mexico. Represent North America well Los Mexicanos!
DC Draft Results: Martian Manhunter | Zatanna | GL (John Stewart) | Shazam! | Flash (Barry Allen)| Katana | Hawkman
Legion of Doom: Sinestro | Black Adam | Flash's Rogues