Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

Random Thoughts

Level 01: Get to know the other posters better. What do they do when they don't read comics?
User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16298
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 09 Jan 2018, 17:51

If Kitty Pryde gets this solo movie and doesn’t use the n-word in the most awkwardly, queasy way possible then it will be a blasphemy to her name!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 3339
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Cable » 09 Jan 2018, 19:41

There were some comics creators on Twitter just last week talking about how everyone hates Cyclops, but Kelly Thompson admitted she likes him and then Dennis Hopeless and B Clay Moore said Cyclops was their favorite X-Man.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4967
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 11 Jan 2018, 01:52

Cyclops is a reverse Superman because his parents went to space while he got left behind.

User avatar
_Rick_
Posts: 608
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 18:56

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by _Rick_ » 12 Jan 2018, 01:06

I think that Cyclops is one of those characters that opinions vary a lot depending on your frame of reference. The movies did him no favors. Some of the cartoons weren't much better. Even in the comics, he's often made into the jerk uptight leader to make rebelious characters look cooler.


User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16298
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Jan 2018, 14:37

Just bought tickets to take my fiancée to one of this s**thole countries in March!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Crutey Anth
Posts: 397
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 16:33

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Crutey Anth » 12 Jan 2018, 20:15

Speaking of Trump

"Reason I cancelled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for 'peanuts', only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!"

1) Bush signed off on the move for security reasons...keeping the old one and making it secure would have cost too much, Obama did agree to the sale (the day after his inauguration)
2) The new embassy is the most expensive in the world
3) He says the embassy was sold for peanuts. The land itself was owned by the Duke of Westminster. Following WWII he let the US borrow the land to build the embassy, they demanded to buy the land and he told them he would sell them the land if they returned the land 'stolen' from his family during the war of independence (which was basically all of Maine and New York)....so they were renting the land, then its a grade II building meaning that nothing about the outside can be altered (lowering the price).

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3314
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Jan 2018, 22:25

Fake news Crutey! It's all lies spread by the lamestream BBC fake media!
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8 (Star Wars)|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)|Skylark (Squadron Supreme)

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16298
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 12 Jan 2018, 23:09

I'm sure we all have our own personal picks but I have to admit that Newsarama's dream X-Men casting is DOPE...like I wish I was an artist or had mad photoshop skills because I'd create a mockup using all these actors LOL
https://www.newsarama.com/38120-we-cast ... verse.html
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 3716
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EphemeristX » 12 Jan 2018, 23:17

The only small nitpick I have is that Liam is a little old. It's going to be tough to find a young enough dude to be Colossus, though, so I give them a pass. I'd watch the hell out of that cast. Maybe Will Poulter could be Colossus instead (given they're both 6'3").
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 1766
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Nu-D » 12 Jan 2018, 23:55

Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 14:37
Just bought tickets to take my fiancée to one of this s**thole countries in March!
Which?

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3314
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 12 Jan 2018, 23:56

Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 23:09
I'm sure we all have our own personal picks but I have to admit that Newsarama's dream X-Men casting is DOPE...like I wish I was an artist or had mad photoshop skills because I'd create a mockup using all these actors LOL
https://www.newsarama.com/38120-we-cast ... verse.html
I need to see the 11 actress in other stuff before I could make a call on her, it's impossible to tell how awesome she is or isn't given how limited her vocabulary is in Stranger Things. I have a gut reaction of ewwww about Harry Styles, but I don't care that much about Angel. Also I wish we could get a really commanding actress for Storm, not a teen. I'm kind of over the teen/young X-Men thing in general personally, at least for the movies.

I started a casting thread in the movies forum and never got much feedback. I'd love to see more fan-casting picks.
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8 (Star Wars)|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)|Skylark (Squadron Supreme)

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16298
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jan 2018, 02:35

Nu-D wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 23:55
Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 14:37
Just bought tickets to take my fiancée to one of this s**thole countries in March!
Which?
Nigeria
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 1766
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Nu-D » 13 Jan 2018, 03:05

Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 02:35
Nu-D wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 23:55
Blackcyclops wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 14:37
Just bought tickets to take my fiancée to one of this s**thole countries in March!
Which?
Nigeria
Wow! That’s awesome. I know plenty of people, including my wife, who have been to to other sub-Saharan African nations; but I don’t think I know anyone who’s ever been to Nigeria. I’m totally jealous.

How long will you be there? What do you plan to do?

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 16298
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jan 2018, 03:24

I'll be gone for two weeks...we're obviously staying away from the North and the east (Boko Haram)...we haven't really planned out all the activities yet. It's my first time in sub-Saharan Africa but I'm super excited.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Nu-D
Posts: 1766
Joined: 18 Dec 2013, 00:22
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Nu-D » 13 Jan 2018, 12:08

Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 03:24
I'll be gone for two weeks...we're obviously staying away from the North and the east (Boko Haram)...we haven't really planned out all the activities yet. It's my first time in sub-Saharan Africa but I'm super excited.
I hope you’ll post a report & some photos when you get back. I’m super curious to hear about it.

User avatar
AntiBody
Posts: 2731
Joined: 20 Sep 2011, 14:42
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by AntiBody » 13 Jan 2018, 13:37

Nu-D wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 12:08
Blackcyclops wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 03:24
I'll be gone for two weeks...we're obviously staying away from the North and the east (Boko Haram)...we haven't really planned out all the activities yet. It's my first time in sub-Saharan Africa but I'm super excited.
I hope you’ll post a report & some photos when you get back. I’m super curious to hear about it.
BC that's incredible! I'm so excited for you, please post some pics here for us when you get back!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk

User avatar
RingOtaku
Posts: 1188
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:12
Location: The Library Of Stories Never Written

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by RingOtaku » 13 Jan 2018, 17:28

Have Fun BC!

Also apartment hunting sucks.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4223
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 13 Jan 2018, 22:48

RingOtaku wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 17:28
Have Fun BC!

Also apartment hunting sucks.
"New place to live" hunting sucks in general. Girlfriend and I are trying to find a house to rent.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man


User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3314
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 14 Jan 2018, 19:35

EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:13
Clickhole's Stan Lee interview http://www.clickhole.com/article/i-wish ... n-lee-5739
I'm pretty relieved they didn't ask about the Daily Mail's allegations against him.
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8 (Star Wars)|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)|Skylark (Squadron Supreme)

User avatar
EvilMonkeyPope
Posts: 4967
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 22:07
Contact:

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by EvilMonkeyPope » 14 Jan 2018, 23:35

Elisabeth Moss told Clickhole "Well, I guess you could say I got bit by the “acting bug” at 12 when I saw a performance of my favorite play, Spawn Vs. Blade: The Musical. Most of the actors caught mercury poisoning and several of them went blind. That’s when I knew I wanted to be an actress."

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN SPAWN VS. BLADE: THE MUSICAL?

User avatar
_Rick_
Posts: 608
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 18:56

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by _Rick_ » 15 Jan 2018, 01:10

Anna Raven wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 19:35
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:13
Clickhole's Stan Lee interview http://www.clickhole.com/article/i-wish ... n-lee-5739
I'm pretty relieved they didn't ask about the Daily Mail's allegations against him.
The twitter trial for Stan Lee has already been conducted and came up with a majority of "NOT GUILTY". People moved on.
Aziz Ansari trial is currently in session and the jury seems to be still out with opinions divided.

Ah... the wonders of social media trials...

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3314
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Jan 2018, 01:23

We definitely live in a weird time.
Exiles: Nocturne|Ultimate Thor|1602 Matthew Murdoch|Kurt Waggoner|Colossus (BotA)|BB-8 (Star Wars)|Ultimate Rogue|Black Widow (AoU)|Stand-Off (AoX)|Skylark (Squadron Supreme)

User avatar
tokenBG1009
Posts: 4223
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 20:34

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by tokenBG1009 » 15 Jan 2018, 02:36

_Rick_ wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 01:10
Anna Raven wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 19:35
EvilMonkeyPope wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:13
Clickhole's Stan Lee interview http://www.clickhole.com/article/i-wish ... n-lee-5739
I'm pretty relieved they didn't ask about the Daily Mail's allegations against him.
The twitter trial for Stan Lee has already been conducted and came up with a majority of "NOT GUILTY". People moved on.
Aziz Ansari trial is currently in session and the jury seems to be still out with opinions divided.

Ah... the wonders of social media trials...
Most of what I've seen of Stan Lee has been "Not Guilty by reason of dementia"

Hasn't heard of Aziz Ansari being accused.
eXiles Draft: Frenzy (Age of X), Basilisk (Age of X), Howlett (XXM), Hercules (XXM), Longshot (Mojoverse), Mojo (Free Agent), Scottius Summerisle (1602), John Grey (1602), Ultimate Wasp and Giant-Man

Post Reply