Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Comics-Based Tattoos

Level 03: Titles from other publishers, comic books in general and anything comic-related that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
AntiBody

Comics-Based Tattoos

Post by AntiBody » 24 Jul 2016, 07:59

Does anyone here have any tattoos based on comics? Or have seen any cool comics tattoos? I thought it might be nice to set up a space here on the board to discuss!

I personally don't have any tattoos, but I am thinking about getting one. I'm looking for some guidance, advice, tips, etc regarding the process. As for what I'd like to get, I'd really like something referencing Hickman's Everything Dies/Time Runs Out/Secret Wars story. Aside from being perhaps my most favorite thing I've ever read in comics, there's a greater meaning for me in the story that I talk about here: http://unstablemolecules.com/viewtopic. ... 50#p134450

I've been looking over the many issues of Hickman's saga for inspiration. As of now, the only thing that's really resonated with me, something I'd consider putting on my skin, is something like the cover of New Avengers #11: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/New_Avenge ... xtless.jpg

I'm not 100% sold yet, mostly because this is a permanent thing I'd be doing and I want to give this decision the time it deserves. Also I think I'd want to change or adjust the image somehow.

Ultimately, I'd at least like something depicting an incursion. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas how to make this cool? Any particular images from the epic that you liked? Personal accounts (both success and horror stories) about getting a tattoo? As always, I respect the hell out of you all and welcome any bit of insight you may have!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Cable

Re: Comics-Based Tattoos

Post by Cable » 24 Jul 2016, 11:25

I too have been considering getting one! I am thinking about some kind of "Cyclops Was Right" tattoo. Can't decide which design I like best.
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

Rincewind

Post by Rincewind » 24 Jul 2016, 12:04

First of all, who here has read James Robinson's Starman series? If you haven't, go out and do so; I'll wait.

(Pulls out a chair and a Terry Pratchett novel, and listens to Rush while waiting, air-guitaring along with "YYZ").

Ah good, you're back. Anyway, remember the sheriff's badge that Jack wore on his jacket? (NOT the Zodiac design on the back). I've got that one done.
Many people who had got to know Rincewind had come to treat him as a sort of two-legged miner's canary, and tended to assume that if Rincewind was still upright and not actually running then some hope remained.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 28 Jul 2016, 03:06

Cable wrote:I too have been considering getting one! I am thinking about some kind of "Cyclops Was Right" tattoo. Can't decide which design I like best.
Let us know if you figure a design out! I would LOVE to see what you get done!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors