Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

DC's Rebirth

Level 03: Titles from other publishers, comic books in general and anything comic-related that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
Blackcyclops

DC's Rebirth

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 May 2016, 15:57

Whoa...I guess Johns felt that Hickman wasn't meta-enough with Secret Wars.
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Crutey Anth

Re: DC's Rebirth

Post by Crutey Anth » 21 May 2016, 20:08

Alot of people are really up in arms about this but I don't mind (I rarely get as angry about comics as others, I just ignore what I don't like).

Its kind of a cool twist...though I can see it leading to some odd continuity problems which we'll have to discuss once the issue is out

Wings

Post by Wings » 21 May 2016, 22:51

I thought it was quite clever, and I'm all for DC using elements of the publishing branches they've absorbed. It felt like most of it got tossed to the wayside, besides Midnighter recently.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 21 May 2016, 23:11

Damn, I just read about this... I'll be very interested in how they decide to deliver this. Also, makes me wonder about Pandora...

Tangentially, weren't there rumors about Hickman being involved in Rebirth?
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 22 May 2016, 08:32

The only thing I want out of DC is Gen13. Seriously.

You know what I think? They should do an Ultimate Marvel style line. Then they can have the classics the way all the long timers want, with all the legacy characters and all the richness of DCU history -and- they can play in a new sandbox and remix everyone. Maybe go with that All-Star moniker. All-Star Teen Titans with Fairchild fighting alongside Starfire. All-Star Justice Society with Hourman and Doctor Fate clashing with the Comedian. All-Star Robin starring Carrie Kelly and her girlfriend Stephanie Brown. Just go for broke. They clearly want to.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

RingOtaku

Post by RingOtaku » 24 May 2016, 13:29

I'd be up in arms but I gave up on DC. They couldn't even leave Batman Beyond comics alone. Time traveling Tim Drake? Really? Screw you guys.
D20 Roulette: A Podcast of Geeks and Raging. https://rouletteproductions.com

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 25 May 2016, 16:55

So I read the book...actually really cool. I hate trying to dig through subtext and giving meaning to stuff outside the actual story (I think its like pop psychology), but it's almost obvious that Johns is saying that Watchmen is now directly in-comic responsible for the grimdark that is in DC comics. Instead of the usual argument concerning it outside the comic. It was a fun read though...I did get alil weepy at OG Wally's return.

My X-Men Draft Picks:

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 31 May 2016, 15:45

Apology accepted Johns.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 01 Jun 2016, 15:41

I still need to finish Rebirth itself, but I do really like the Batman and Superman titles from it. Was pretty meh on Green Lantern though.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 01 Jun 2016, 19:31

tokenBG1009 wrote:I still need to finish Rebirth itself, but I do really like the Batman and Superman titles from it. Was pretty meh on Green Lantern though.

Dude I haven't been this positive about Superman in a long time and I'm definitely here for Batman...GL was wack!

My X-Men Draft Picks: