Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Tattoo!!

Level 03: Titles from other publishers, comic books in general and anything comic-related that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
AntiBody

Tattoo!!

Post by AntiBody » 13 Sep 2018, 20:51

I am sitting in a tattoo parlor, RIGHT NOW, getting inked! My first tattoo, and it’s based off Hickman’s grand Avengers/Everything Dies story. It’s kind of a mix of the cover of New Avengers #11 (during Infinity) and the Avengers Machine logo thing. Both images are modified a bit, but I’ll get into the symbolism and meaning of it all when I’m done - I just HAD to tell you all!! :D
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Jazzkantine

Re: Tattoo!!

Post by Jazzkantine » 13 Sep 2018, 21:14

I love Hickmann‘s FF, S.H.I.E.L.D., and Avengers run. He has an affinity towards symbolism.

You will show us the result?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Sep 2018, 22:23

Defo show the result. I wanna see.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 00:18

Absolutely!! I need to go back in in two weeks for some touch-ups and to add more color (definitely in the incurring Earth), but here we are!! (Pics are gigantic - forgive me, graphic design is not my passion.)
Spoiler: show
Before

During

After 1

After 2

I really love it. :D The reddish part in the middle has already faded; it was blood. Explaining this tattoo to non-geeks has been a little difficult, but I think I've streamlined a good one. But you beautiful people don't need all the veiled shorthand lol.

I wrote this a few years back - that weird episode/freak out of mine has long since passed, but I wanted to honor all the past lives (or "universes") I've lived. This tattoo is about growing up and having to let go of these universes. You'll even see that I'd been thinking about it for a while when I started this this post. :) It's so layered in symbolism for me:
1. It's about comics.
2. It's about my FAVORITE comics story ever (and the fine gentleman who authored it).
3. It's about my life.
4. It's about that weird parallel between Hickman's story and my life.

I just love it. :D So happy to share it with you all, hope you like it too!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:33

Wooooow 🤩🤩🤩

Will you add icons there too?

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:38

So you will be Hickmann‘s Universal Machine came to life

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 00:50

That's the goal! :lol: I actually do have some ideas about adding icons! Perhaps a little more down the road, and maybe adding those branch-offs with icons too. Icons that represent certain "past lives" each. Gonna see how this feels for now and keep it in the back of my mind for the time being. I'm glad you like it, thank you!!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:56

My thanks to you.

Thanks for sharing this private insight.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 14 Sep 2018, 09:13

Antibody - it's beautiful! We should definitely start a geeky tattoo thread - I know for a fact that there are a lot of us on here with them.
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 21:53

Thank you! Yeah I'd love to see who else has comics-inspired tattoos here! Or any geeky tattoo! Bring it, y'all!!!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 22:07

I just read your personal story and I am happy for you that you can identify yourself and your experiences with some storylines.

And it is a great idea to symbolize this with the Universal Machine tattoo.

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 23 Sep 2018, 03:54

Very cool Antibody.

Does anyone else have any comic or geek themed tats? I've always wanted to get one but could never settle and commit to anything. I've akways been partial to the triforce symbol from Zelda, or Spider-Man's mask or logo

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 24 Sep 2018, 01:34

Very very dope Antibody

My comic related tat is that my inside forearm is meant to mimic Genis's cosmic-y look from his time as Captain Marvel and I have the "X" symbol on my chest lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 24 Sep 2018, 03:49

I've always wanted the X symbol on my arm, but I always wondered how it would really look on my skin. BC, I need a pic of one of yours to see what I'm dealing with.
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 24 Sep 2018, 13:56

BC, undress and show!

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Sep 2018, 14:12

I have Nightcrawler tattooed on my arm. It used to be he first image search on google but clearly since I got mine, loads of people had the same idea to get him inked on to their bodies so.... :(
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 24 Sep 2018, 14:27

das_boot wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 14:12
I have Nightcrawler tattooed on my arm. It used to be he first image search on google but clearly since I got mine, loads of people had the same idea to get him inked on to their bodies so.... :(
Paint him red and say he is Azazel :?

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 24 Sep 2018, 15:36

Jazzkantine wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 14:27
das_boot wrote:
I would literally sooner shove a land mine down my pants and play on a space hopper 😂
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 24 Sep 2018, 16:15

das_boot wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 15:36
Jazzkantine wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 14:27
das_boot wrote:
I would literally sooner shove a land mine down my pants and play on a space hopper 😂
That is one of those many many, many many things I like about you. You have this pictorial romantic vein.

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 24 Sep 2018, 23:11

Thanks everybody! I'm getting some touch-ups later this week, specifically making it look like Earth up there, and touching up some color and lines and what-not. Will definitely post pics after, and again when it's all healed and looking good. I'm so excited. :D :D :D

And yeah, I'd love to see pics y'all. Please post 'em if you got 'em!

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 25 Sep 2018, 16:19

My geeky tattoos are many, but X-Wise 've got an X tat on my chest (twinsies BC!), and a Phoenix symbol on my shoulder.
Next X-related tattoo planned will be Rogue - but I've yet to decide on costume and era
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 25 Sep 2018, 17:25

hotknives wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 16:19
My geeky tattoos are many, but X-Wise 've got an X tat on my chest (twinsies BC!), and a Phoenix symbol on my shoulder.
Next X-related tattoo planned will be Rogue - but I've yet to decide on costume and era
How much do I have to pay you for NOT choosing one of those over and over recycled Brotherhood Rogue costumes? :D

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 25 Sep 2018, 17:39

If you're getting Rogue, you're either getting green-with-white-stripe or you're getting bomber jacket. Unless you're a weeb and get Evo Rogue. ;)
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 26 Sep 2018, 08:37

I'm so torn! Green with white stripe is my favourite Rogue costume, but the bomber is just so classic... I dunno, I may go completely leftfield and get one of the many outback outfits. Or the Pink shi-ar jumpsuit! Or the costumer she wore when influenced by the Shadow King... We shall see!
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 26 Sep 2018, 09:18

hotknives wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 08:37
I'm so torn! Green with white stripe is my favourite Rogue costume, but the bomber is just so classic... I dunno, I may go completely leftfield and get one of the many outback outfits. Or the Pink shi-ar jumpsuit! Or the costumer she wore when influenced by the Shadow King... We shall see!
No matter what you do, don’t forget her boots :mrgreen: