Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Tattoo!!

Level 03: Titles from other publishers, comic books in general and anything comic-related that doesn't fit into any of the other forums.
AntiBody

Tattoo!!

Post by AntiBody » 13 Sep 2018, 20:51

I am sitting in a tattoo parlor, RIGHT NOW, getting inked! My first tattoo, and it’s based off Hickman’s grand Avengers/Everything Dies story. It’s kind of a mix of the cover of New Avengers #11 (during Infinity) and the Avengers Machine logo thing. Both images are modified a bit, but I’ll get into the symbolism and meaning of it all when I’m done - I just HAD to tell you all!! :D
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta
Nemeses: The Fraternity of Raptors

Jazzkantine

Re: Tattoo!!

Post by Jazzkantine » 13 Sep 2018, 21:14

I love Hickmann‘s FF, S.H.I.E.L.D., and Avengers run. He has an affinity towards symbolism.

You will show us the result?

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 13 Sep 2018, 22:23

Defo show the result. I wanna see.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 00:18

Absolutely!! I need to go back in in two weeks for some touch-ups and to add more color (definitely in the incurring Earth), but here we are!! (Pics are gigantic - forgive me, graphic design is not my passion.)
Spoiler: show
Before

During

After 1

After 2

I really love it. :D The reddish part in the middle has already faded; it was blood. Explaining this tattoo to non-geeks has been a little difficult, but I think I've streamlined a good one. But you beautiful people don't need all the veiled shorthand lol.

I wrote this a few years back - that weird episode/freak out of mine has long since passed, but I wanted to honor all the past lives (or "universes") I've lived. This tattoo is about growing up and having to let go of these universes. You'll even see that I'd been thinking about it for a while when I started this this post. :) It's so layered in symbolism for me:
1. It's about comics.
2. It's about my FAVORITE comics story ever (and the fine gentleman who authored it).
3. It's about my life.
4. It's about that weird parallel between Hickman's story and my life.

I just love it. :D So happy to share it with you all, hope you like it too!!
Guardians Of The Galaxy Draft: Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Moondragon, Darkhawk, Plutonia, Hiroim, Ikon, Malik Tarcel, Manta

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:33

Wooooow 🤩🤩🤩

Will you add icons there too?

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:38

So you will be Hickmann‘s Universal Machine came to life

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 00:50

That's the goal! :lol: I actually do have some ideas about adding icons! Perhaps a little more down the road, and maybe adding those branch-offs with icons too. Icons that represent certain "past lives" each. Gonna see how this feels for now and keep it in the back of my mind for the time being. I'm glad you like it, thank you!!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 00:56

My thanks to you.

Thanks for sharing this private insight.

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 14 Sep 2018, 09:13

Antibody - it's beautiful! We should definitely start a geeky tattoo thread - I know for a fact that there are a lot of us on here with them.
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 14 Sep 2018, 21:53

Thank you! Yeah I'd love to see who else has comics-inspired tattoos here! Or any geeky tattoo! Bring it, y'all!!!

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 14 Sep 2018, 22:07

I just read your personal story and I am happy for you that you can identify yourself and your experiences with some storylines.

And it is a great idea to symbolize this with the Universal Machine tattoo.