Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Claremont at a Convention

Level 05: For discussion on the writers, artists, editors and chiefs that help create the comics you read.
Cly

Claremont at a Convention

Post by Cly » 19 Apr 2019, 17:26

This summer I am about to attend a comics/general nerdery convention for only the second time in my life. The first time I went to one was just to shop and admire the great cosplay because there were no guests who I was a big fan of. This time I'm completely over the moon because Chris Claremont, whose work I love, will be at this convention in my home town. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for not sounding completely stupid when meeting creators one admires and if anyone would be willing to help me decide which book I have Mr. Claremont sign. Thank you!

Anna Raven

Re: Claremont at a Convention

Post by Anna Raven » 19 Apr 2019, 23:33

Just be yourself, I met Mr. Claremont once and he is very friendly and gregarious. I got Avengers Annual #10 signed. Which was my choice because Rogue is my favorite character. So my advice is to get something signed that is personal to you.
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll
Avengers International Draft: France|Spectrum|Capt. Universe|Swordsman|Batroc|M|Finesse|Deadpool

Cly

Post by Cly » 23 Apr 2019, 01:31

Thank you!

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 23 Apr 2019, 15:51

You will be the 1,324,238,987th over-geeked fan that Claremont has met in the last six months. As long as you don’t puke on his tie, he will smile and be friendly and will forget you exist thirty seconds later. If he’s tired, or grumpy or hung-over, he might not smile or be friendly, but he’ll still forget you exist thirty seconds later.

In other words, unless you are an ass it’s out of your control how he responds to you, so don’t stress about it.