Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Byrne's Hidden Years

Level 05: For discussion on the writers, artists, editors and chiefs that help create the comics you read.
Cyke

Byrne's Hidden Years

Post by Cyke » 07 Aug 2018, 02:43

What's the general consensus on Byrne's X-Men Hidden Years title? Good, bad, indifferent?
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'

EphemeristX

Re: Byrne's Hidden Years

Post by EphemeristX » 07 Aug 2018, 03:58

Indifferent. It was kinda interesting, but mostly it was just filler. It was pretty good at capturing that silver age feel, so if you're into that, then you should check it out.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Nu-D

Post by Nu-D » 07 Aug 2018, 10:42

It was pretty good, though he tried a little too hard to foreshadow future developments. It also frustratingly didn’t really reach all the way to GSXM #1. He did a good job of mimicking the Neil Adams style.

If you’re a fan of Byrnes writing, it’s very worth it.

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 11 Aug 2018, 15:46

I wanted to like to more, but the silver age style could be a bit hard going at times. I did like we got to see more of team dynamics with the O5 and Havok & Polaris and it filled in some gaps. I also liked the mutant cult storyline.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Cyke

Post by Cyke » 15 Aug 2018, 03:11

Thanks for the suggestions.

I read the first issue on Comixology which was some good ol' fashioned comic fun. So I went ahead and ordered a copy of the first trade.
Verda Gildr- 'Become Worthy'