Welcome to unstablemolecules.com!

S.H.I.E.L.D. #5 & #6

Level 05: For discussion on the writers, artists, editors and chiefs that help create the comics you read.
AntiBody

S.H.I.E.L.D. #5 & #6

Post by AntiBody » 25 Jun 2017, 22:20

So I've been wanting to re-read Hickman's greatest hits for a while, specifically SHIELD, Fantastic Four/FF, New/Avengers, Secret Wars - in that order. I haven't read SHIELD in a really long time so I'm excited to do this, but I kinda want to wait for #5 and #6 to come out first. I've seen posts on the internet from Hickman and Weaver saying they've completed this and that; so, what's the deal? What do we know about these coming out? Will they? I ask for facts and opinions - a lot of y'all have better insight into the publishing aspects of the House of Ideas than I do. What do you think will happen with these issues?
Avengers Draft: Adam Warlock, Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar, Alex Power, Mantis, Drax, Firelord, Starhawk, Dragon Man

X-Men Draft 2.0: Base: Celestial Ship; Team: Sunspot, Binary, Blink, Darkstar, Warlock, Korvus, Darwin, Lilandra, Guardian, Trance

Monolith

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. #5 & #6

Post by Monolith » 26 Jun 2017, 12:45

I've heard conflicting reports over the years from the creative team.

- All the art is finished and turned in.
- All the art is finished, but it won't be turned in until Trump releases his tax returns.
- The scripts are finished, but Hickman is holding them back one week for everyday someone is a wanker on the internet, so they won't come until 2020.

Basically, the incomplete nature of the series has become a joke by both the artist and the writer, so it's really hard to say what, actually, is the hold up these days. MARVEL hasn't said anything about it since Secret Wars ended and Hickman basically left the company, that I know of.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -- Oscar Wilde

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 26 Jun 2017, 14:58

I'd heard those things too and assumed Hickman was mostly joking about the wanker stuff. Does make you wonder if they'll ever come out - I really hope they do.
Avengers Draft: Adam Warlock, Nova (Richard Rider), Quasar, Alex Power, Mantis, Drax, Firelord, Starhawk, Dragon Man

X-Men Draft 2.0: Base: Celestial Ship; Team: Sunspot, Binary, Blink, Darkstar, Warlock, Korvus, Darwin, Lilandra, Guardian, Trance

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 20 Sep 2017, 22:36

Been re-reading some Fantastic Four and came across this in #581, mentioning the start of the Great Hunt of Nathaniel Richardses. S.H.I.E.L.D. is pretty foggy to me - does this reference something that happened in the issues that were released, or perhaps in the issues that have been locked in the vault for some mysterious reason? (That is Nikola Tesla, right?)

grief

Post by grief » 21 Sep 2017, 00:16

That IS Tesla, yes, and I think - I THINK, fog has settled over my memories as well - that we see the lead-up to this moment.
Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 22 Sep 2017, 10:49

Interesting. Ah hell, I may just have to go back and read it all, who knows if those last two issues will ever come out. Why they wouldn't just publish them is beyond me...

Baltazar

Post by Baltazar » 26 Sep 2017, 12:25

"sooner that you'd think" says Brevoort:
https://www.newsarama.com/36562-jonatha ... d-5-6.html

AntiBody

Post by AntiBody » 27 Sep 2017, 01:42

Whoa!! What strange timing!!

I don't want to say that I'll believe it when I see it, but as stated previously in this thread, some of us have heard hints and teases here and there about this and that. I'll cross my fingers, but I've been holding my breath for a while now.