Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Avengers International Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
Anna Raven

Re: Avengers International Draft

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Jul 2019, 03:37

tokenBG1009 wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 01:44
3 of the 4 members of the Fantastic Four were left on the board.

I know we're all pretty much of the mind Marvel buried them to stick it to Fox, but...maybe they weren't worth publishing books for?
I was thinking of taking Thing at the end because he went to France during Civil War, but I thought Deadpool would be funnier. I love FF, so don't say such mean things token! ;)
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 11 Jul 2019, 22:30

Sorry to double post, but here is my final sketch of my team. I may add full color, not sure yet. Depends on the response I get I guess. :P

(Note that my team includes "Awesome Facial Hair Bros. 2.0")
Marvel vs DC Draft: Wonder Woman|Thor|Ares - DC|Shazam!|Hercules|Loki|Dream of the Endless|Valkyrie|Ares - Marvel
Thunderbolts Draft: Punisher|Black Cat|Moon Knight(as Kraven the Hunter)|Diamondback|Taskmaster|Domino|Nuke|Trickshot |Jolt|Troll

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 11 Jul 2019, 22:41

Looks great Anna!

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 11 Jul 2019, 23:18

Super dope Anna, like always...my story coming tonight
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 12 Jul 2019, 01:35

I'll always remember I have no artistic talent when I see what this board can produce.
"Sometimes I do feel like I'm a failure. Like there's no hope for me. But even so, I'm not gonna give up. Ever!" -Izuku Midoriya

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 13 Jul 2019, 12:30

Mine never had a really fleshed out concept but I'm a big Spider-man fan, so I knew I wanted him. The ideas started forming around Spidey as the centre. While he's never been known as much of a leader amongst the Avengers but he's definitely shown he can lead and inspire in his own events like Spider-Island and Spider-verse.

I knew Spidey would recruit people he knew and trusted, his "Amazing Friends", so I mostly focused on people Peter was friends with or had worked with. Thus Nova, Human Torch, Mockingbird, and Spider-Woman joined the team. The other key moment was when I chose Japan as my home nation. Japanese Spider-man! I totally see the team adding a version of Leopardon to the roster eventually! Fredzilla was a bit of a knee jerk reaction after I couldn't pick Sunfire that round. I loved the idea of a kaiju on the team and I was worried that Sunrise might get snatched up the next round. In the end no-one took him (perhaps out of kindness?) but I realised at that point I only had one woman on my team.

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 13 Jul 2019, 14:38

Sunfire is not really a team player, and putting him on a squad outside of Japan would have made little sense. IMO, he would even have been redundant on your team, as you already had Johnny Storm with heat/fire-based powers. As I already mentioned, Japan was a fall-back plan for me had Australia been taken by someone else. I then would have grouped my three females together with Sunfire, Silver Samurai and Iron Man (Stark-Fujikawa connection) but had no idea who to use as a free agent, as I wanted someone with magic/mystic powers to round up the group.

----

Towards the end of the game I also noticed that three of the core FF were still around. One could probably have based an idea around them with Medusa leading the Team "offcially" as they would have been based in Attilan, but Reed would have led them in the field. Karnak or Gorgon as free agent. With a full candidate list avaible, I'd then include Crystal or Synapse to get a somewhat balanced FF/Inhuman ratio, unless one uses an Inhuman as redeeming villian. (but I'm so over Maximus)
Last edited by Lavettye on 13 Jul 2019, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
[PL_2.0]

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 13 Jul 2019, 17:20

Okay so here it is...

Following the grand battle of the War of the Realms, Captain America has been tasked by Black Panther to expand their ranks with ancillary squads. One of those squads, BP wants to be based in the US. His idea is to have a team that is more free to operate in the US. So the team would behave as though they are disavowed from the “main” team and would utilize a title that fits them being a separate team.

So Cap picks someone who he isn’t super-close to but is someone he trusts, has experience with subterfuge and more than capable of handling the big threats. That person is Sunspot or as he goes by now Citizen X. His first recruit is the formerly retired but back and ready for duty, Manifold. Manifold belives that Gateway might be alive and furthermore, he might be trapped in the Dreamscape and Roberto has promised to help him find his former mentor. And Thunderball was ppaced on the team at the request of BP himself...and Berto isn’t gonna turn down a musclebound genius.

Next Berto recruits someone who is 1)SUPER POWERFUL and 2) already based where he needs to be. Using his charm (and really the good word from Clint) he manages to convince America Chavez to join the team. Like Manifold, she has something she needs from the team. Her girlfriend has gone missing. And not even she can find her, so Sunspot promises to find her.

Next, under the instruction of T’Challa (who has worked with him) and Rogers (who he assisted while locked away), Thunderball aka Dr. Franklin joins up with Roberto’s squad. He’s in it to prove he’s turned over a new leaf and live up to be the hero that people believe he can be.

Quake and Winter Soldier join the team as Sunspot’s “hitters”. They’re the people who will do the dirtier work and keep a lower profile than the rest. Bucky came as to kind of keep an eye of Roberto after his resurrection. And Quake joins because she wants to honor her former ally Magik and thinks Inhumans and mutants should work together.

While mutants aren’t the best friends of the government, Roberto has connections within the current administration (rich guys like rich guys) and Coulson (wanting to keep an eye on them and actually having respect for Roberto’s immigrant story of success) doesn’t interfere with the gig, so the new West Coast Avengers are born!

The final member, Psynapse actually joins the team after the fact. During a big battle in San Francisco against some rogue Atlantean forces, Psynapse was in town and had been working with the Superior Spider-man, but upon seeing this team she joins up.
Morrison Era 2001-2005, Decimation Era from 2005-2012, Bendis Era 2012-2016, M-Pox era 2016-2017, and Resurrxion 2017-2019, Hickman Era 2019-?

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 16 Jul 2019, 08:03

I honestly havent fleshed it out fully in my head yet, but my premise was a blatant sitcom where Hawkeye finds a cheap skiing holiday to Switzerland and messes up big time. His first idea was to let the good old kooky quarter join in, he gets Wanda and Pietro alright, but the Grand Director cleverly gets on board instead of Steve Rogers! His next mistake is his attempt to be nice and let the twins bring their partners by inviting Crystal and Vision, Hawkeye either hasnt been keeping up with relationship developments or just wants these all to rekindle, dunno, but the awkwardness would be delicious. More so when he gets the BRILLIANT idea to invite Northstar over, professional skier, who would clash horribly with Quicksilver of course.

But the real mistake here is Clint didnt read the smallprint of his deal, part of the package deal is that the attendees are to act as Switzerland's superhero team for the duration of the booking!

Really it was a vague idea I had that I had some fun with, thanks for hosting RingOtaku!

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Jul 2019, 09:08

That sounds brilliant MartijnB. Clint getting it all sorts of wrong just sounds fantastic. Definitely be on board with that...

Lavettye

Post by Lavettye » 16 Jul 2019, 21:24

Blackcylops' approach is something I could see Marvel actually producing (well, if Sunspot hadn't just been killed), it has a similar feel to it as USAvengers when it was first announced. While they idea seemed a bit forced and gimmicky, once the actual book was released, it was well-received and liked, and I could see the same happening with BC's group.
[PL_2.0]