Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Thunderbolts Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
Gibbering Fool

Re: Thunderbolts Draft

Post by Gibbering Fool » 25 May 2019, 03:14

Oh, it's my turn. Sorry, missed BC's pick up there.

My last pick is Tanalth the Pursuer

Cable

Post by Cable » 25 May 2019, 05:00

My last pick is

Porcupine!
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Amazing Spider-Man #31

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 25 May 2019, 10:59

Anna Raven wrote:
25 May 2019, 02:48
You misspelled Brubaker though. :P Seriously though, nice job!
Oh FFS, it was going so well... :cry:

Pretend you didn't spot that, yeah? :lol:

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 28 May 2019, 08:27

Wraith please!
"These are two hundred dollar Italian cashmere Kiki de Montparnasse stockings, Kurt. I'll only kneel in them if absolutely necessary."

grief

Post by grief » 29 May 2019, 23:48

And my final pick is Red Ronin!

Official member of the Mighty Avengers fan club. "You want Avengers, lady? Take a good look. We're the Avengers."

See what happens after AoA Apocalypse dies in the Age After. http://uncanon.com/fiction/ageafter/

Cable

Post by Cable » 30 May 2019, 14:16

When you need some security, you need to get Deadbolts! When the Avengers are away, all you have to do is pay!

With this great sales pitch in mind Deadpool makes some phone calls to start a work-for-hire hero group. He first calls Domino and asks if her Hotshots crew wants to join. He figures he might as well include her because if not she will just steal his idea anyway like she did with Mercs for Money. Domino and Outlaw are in and Black Widow owes them a favor so says she might show up if they need her help. Deadpool thinks he doesn't need her help but he does need some of that marketing appeal. Deadbolts -- featuring Black Widow from the hit Avengers Endgame! Diamondback also owes Domino favors but not enough to work with Deadpool. That's fine, she wasn't in the movies. In fact people might just get confused and think a Power Man villain was part of his crew.

He then calls up his old Mercs for Money gang but lets them know they just don't have name recognition. Why do they think they couldn't even get a twelve issue volume going? So Foolkiller, Solo, and Terror will take become the Beetles! Super marketable, especially when he gets a fourth Beetle by calling up Janice Lincoln! Terror is insulted and says he has been around longer than Deadpool has. Deadpool let's Terror know he is a f#@$ing Shadowline comics character and nobody even knows what that is so he should be grateful to be on the printed page. Deadpool also says Solo and Foolkiller should agree because the Beetle suits will have special abilities so finally they can have some powers. Solo tries to explain that he actually has a super useful teleportation ability but Deadpool tells him compared to Magik he sucks and not to ever bring it up again and to use the Beetle suit. Deadpool doesn't call Stingray because Stingray is a narc, and he doesn't call Slapstick for reasons that should be obvious to anyone that knows anything about Slapstick.

He then figures since he is inviting the other Beetle he might as well invite the Superior Foes since he knows she is good buddies and likes those guys. He calls Boomerang and says he doesn't know what all went down with that Superior Foes stuff, like most people he didn't read it, but he figures it must have been great. Boomerang says he is on board with Deadpool's idea and also says he wants to tell Wade about a great idea he has of stealing Silvermane's head. Wade says that sounds awesome and they will do that. Deadpool still needs a tenth member because "Overdrive wasn't important enough to be on the draft list" and so he calls up Porcupine because Roger is a nice guy and will say yes even though he shouldn't.

Introducing the Deadbolts!
Deadpool
Domino
Boomerang
Outlaw
Shocker
Black Widow
Beetles - (Foolkiller, Solo, Terror)
Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
Speed Demon
Porcupine

This draft was super successful for me. I got literally every character I wanted except Diamondback who got picked TWICE before I could get her. I had to go with Porcupine instead at the end but he was made a fun character in Spider-Woman so I'll take it.

Hope all is well with Wings who hasn't been online for the past 20 days. Thank you to all the players who dragged the draft to the finish line anyways!
Best X-Comic last week: Powers of X #6
Best non X-Comic last week: Amazing Spider-Man #31

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 30 May 2019, 14:48

Is it allowed to post my team I drafted out of competition?

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 30 May 2019, 16:32

UrbanExplorer wrote:
30 May 2019, 14:48
Is it allowed to post my team I drafted out of competition?
Go for it. I did a similar thing when I moderated one of the drafts but was not participating.
Current Pull List
Hickman's X-men, Runaways, Champions

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 30 May 2019, 16:47

Ok, thanks WWW!

My first team: Thunderbolts Guns n‘ Clawses:

Winter Soldier

Crossbones

Daken

Lady Deathstrike

Viper

Domino

Madame masque

Mongoose

Nuke

Grizzly

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 30 May 2019, 16:48

My second team: Thunderbolts Nightmare

Ai Apaec

Alkhema

Calypso

Ghost

Headsman

Jack O‘Lantern

Jester

Red Goblin

Scarecrow

Vermin

UrbanExplorer

Post by UrbanExplorer » 27 Jun 2019, 18:17

Does someone know how Wings is doing? :cry:

Wings

Post by Wings » 27 Jun 2019, 23:19

UrbanExplorer wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 18:17
Does someone know how Wings is doing? :cry:
Thanks for the concern, UrbanExplorer and apologies to everyone for disappearing. Life in general has just been getting on top of me lately in all respects, and I kind of just retreated from everything in order to cope, both online and IRL. I'm not all the way there yet mental health-wise (spent all day today psyching myself up over a single email I had to send) but I'm trying to open myself back up again. Unfortunately, the draft suffered because of that, and that's on me, but thank you all for participating and coming up with some stellar lineups and sorry again for leaving you all to your own devices.
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031