Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 949
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Spectral Knight » 15 Oct 2018, 13:01

I've wanted to use Howard since the first round. My initial idea was to warp him with Pym - so that he'd become Giant Duck. But also, because Hank's a bit mental, have Howard Pym go through a series of personality crisis, becoming Ant-Fowl, Moor Hen etc...
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3804
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Anna Raven » 15 Oct 2018, 13:11

das_boot wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 09:27
I had an excellent one lined up for HotKnives next pick should he not be back by then, but then I realised that one half of the duo isn’t on the list 😖
Who is it you wanted to use? We are currently down one Avenger, since I mistakenly put Hyperion on there twice. If it's an Avengers character that isn't completely obscure I'm willing to put them on the list if there are no objections from anyone.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 15 Oct 2018, 14:00

I’ve PM’d you separately but honestly, I don’t expect any kind of special treatment. I can make it work another way, I’m sure :)
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
OffDaCheney
Posts: 84
Joined: 07 Dec 2015, 21:50

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by OffDaCheney » 15 Oct 2018, 21:26

Going to make my pick now so people don't have to wait while I'm at work, picture coming when I get home

Captain Britain and Thing

Benjamin J. Braddock is...

STONEHENGE!
"Who X's the X-Men?"

Draft Teams: X-Men "The X-Defenders", Exiles "The Ubiquitous Undecate", GotG "The Defenders of Deep Space"

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 4324
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Oct 2018, 21:52

Spiral and Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) are warped to become...

The Moirae

Rita Carpenter was chosen by the goddess Arachne to become her avatar on Earth. Against her will, Rita was taken into the realm of the gods and altered with a combination of magic and celestial technology. Blinded, but given the power to weave the tapestry of fate, the woman now known as the Moirae found herself with six arms, each pair wielding an instrument of fate. Clotho, a spinner, to weave the thread of life. Lachesis, a rod, to measure its length. Atropos, shears, to cut it.

Returned to Earth, the Moirae is now the human embodiment of fate. She lives in a cabin webbed among the tress, deep within the black forests of Germany, where magic is thick and spirits dwell. In exchange for caring for her daughter, the Iron Butterfly and her crew are allowed audience to consult her tapestries and better fight the dark armies of the occult.

Unfortunately, fate is not always on her side.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 15 Oct 2018, 22:08

These are both AMAZING. God I love how creative this draft is making people be!
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17529
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Blackcyclops » 15 Oct 2018, 22:14

EphemeristX wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 21:52
Spiral and Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) are warped to become...

The Moirae

Rita Carpenter was chosen by the goddess Arachne to become her avatar on Earth. Against her will, Rita was taken into the realm of the gods and altered with a combination of magic and celestial technology. Blinded, but given the power to weave the tapestry of fate, the woman now known as the Moirae found herself with six arms, each pair wielding an instrument of fate. Clotho, a spinner, to weave the thread of life. Lachesis, a rod, to measure its length. Atropos, shears, to cut it.

Returned to Earth, the Moirae is now the human embodiment of fate. She lives in a cabin webbed among the tress, deep within the black forests of Germany, where magic is thick and spirits dwell. In exchange for caring for her daughter, the Iron Butterfly and her crew are allowed audience to consult her tapestries and better fight the dark armies of the occult.

Unfortunately, fate is not always on her side.
Can we do a sequel to this draft where we pick titles and story lines for our characters? Like I’m going to suggest that if anybody is interested cause i got story ideas lol
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 4324
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by EphemeristX » 15 Oct 2018, 22:15

I still wanna do a companion thread for missed or impossible warps. I think we can talk about stories there too.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 15 Oct 2018, 23:01

I *was* going to suggest a side thread for banter/discussions for this thread but like... let’s not do that and do what Ephemerist said instead
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 949
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Spectral Knight » 16 Oct 2018, 02:44

OffDaCheney wrote:
15 Oct 2018, 21:26
Going to make my pick now so people don't have to wait while I'm at work, picture coming when I get home

Captain Britain and Thing

Benjamin J. Braddock is...

STONEHENGE!
Two characters I would never have thought to put together - but love the name, brilliant!
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

User avatar
Magik84
Posts: 540
Joined: 17 May 2008, 16:54
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Magik84 » 16 Oct 2018, 08:14

Arcade and Gwenpool become Super Fan

Gwen Arc-Poole was a technological genius, but what really interested her was comics. She obsessively read and catalogued all the characters. Then she had an idea of building a portal to the comic world. Surprisingly it worked and she went about the 2nd stage of her plan to build a playhouse. She could test her favourite superheroes and villains against the playhouse, she knows all their strengths and weaknesses so it be such fun to see if they can escape and if they die...well it doesn't matter they're not really real and important characters will be resurrected anyway.
And just wait for her to start her contest of champions!
Last edited by Magik84 on 16 Oct 2018, 12:06, edited 2 times in total.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 16 Oct 2018, 10:53

^^^^ I’m cursing you for taking Arcade, but goddamn that’s a better concept than I had
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
Magik84
Posts: 540
Joined: 17 May 2008, 16:54
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Magik84 » 16 Oct 2018, 12:05

das_boot wrote:
16 Oct 2018, 10:53
^^^^ I’m cursing you for taking Arcade, but goddamn that’s a better concept than I had
Ha thanks, it was one of the few solid ideas I had so I was hoping they'd make it my round.
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

User avatar
Cable
Posts: 3756
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 18:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Cable » 16 Oct 2018, 14:12

Sarah Nefaria grew up living a life of luxury; little did she know this was because her father was a prominent figure in the world of international organized crime. But this created enemies, and a rival Russian gangster had Sarah kidnapped and given a fate worse than death: beautiful 16 year-old Sarah was sold off as a sex slave, never to be seen again. She was taken to the mansion of the wealthy man that bought her and was coming to consummate their 'marriage.' She reached into the fireplace there and burnt her own face with the coals, denying him his beautiful 'bride.' When he saw what she had done he attacked her in a rage. She had no weapons and was defenseless, but the traumatic situation triggered the first manifestation of her mutant powers: as her assailant held her down, his hands were suddenly pierced by sharp fragments of bone protruding from her body, fragments that Sarah snapped off and used to slash his throat.

Now her identity hidden behind a mask and going by the name Madame Marrow, she leads a secret underworld group of mutants known as the Eloi: all beautiful and handsome young mutants that intentionally place themselves in situations where they become prey to human traffickers, pimps, and various other scum that abuse people for criminal gain, only for the kidnappers to realize their seemingly defenseless victims have deadly offensive powers!

Marrow
Madame Masque
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

User avatar
MrFOOM
Posts: 240
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 15:15

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by MrFOOM » 16 Oct 2018, 15:03

Avengers: Super Fan needs to be the next weekly series
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

User avatar
Anna Raven
Posts: 3804
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:53

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Anna Raven » 16 Oct 2018, 15:47

Quick Announcement: I made a slight change to the roster just now. For some reason I put "(pick one)" next to the Stepford Cuckoos, which thinking on it, that doesn't make a lot of sense. If you pick the Cuckoos you can use the whole group to make 3-5 clone characters if you so choose.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

User avatar
Gibbering Fool
Posts: 3390
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Gibbering Fool » 17 Oct 2018, 05:18

Oh boy, I made it to my turn and the characters for my one good idea are still here! I'm hoping this one excites people and doesn't ruin any plans :D

Professor X and Ex Nihlo

Charles Xavier knew he was special from a young age. As a member of the Inmutant people he could read minds from since grade school, though he also lost his hair when his abilities first emerged. Fascinated by his heritage, he went on to study genetics at university, earning himself a PhD and becoming Professor Xavier. He travelled the world, meeting the inmutant royal family and learning more about his people. It was here at Attilosha he learned he was no mere Inmutant. Through their advanced technology, left over by the Kree'ar, he learned within his genetic code lay the programming of the Ex Nihilo. The ancient creators of the Kree'ar, and by extension the Inmutants, the Designers, created the Ex Nihilo to guide and develop their people into the next stages of their evolution.

This discovery unlocked a transformation in Charles; his skin turned golden, horns grew from the side of his head in the form of an X and an omega symbol formed on his forehead. He also lost the use of his legs due to the stress of the transformation, though the plethora of new abilities he gained, including telekinesis, energy manipulation and genetic modification made up for it. With his newfound role, Charles has taken many Inmutants under his wing, training such notable examples as Black Summer, The Angel of Vengeance, Chaos Raptor and Wonder Beast, amongst others.

And so Charles Xavier became...Professor Ex Nihilo

Note: the Designers are an amalgam of the Progenitors (creators of the Kree) and the Builders (creators of Ex Nihilo). Hopefully I've got the lore right that BC has been laying down. I struggled to remember the difference between inmutant and numutant so hopefully I've got that right. I took the liberty of declaring that Professor Ex Nihilo had trained several of the O5, but didn't go so far as to declare they were a team, in case that trampled over anyone else's lore.

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2018, 12:15

Okay, so hotknives hasn’t been online for ten days or so; so my pick for his next character is....

Nathanial Essex was an esteemed natural philosopher during Darwin’s time, although his methods alienated him from the rest of the scientific community, especially when it transpired that he’d performed horrendous experiments upon the corpse of his son to determine the cause of the child’s mutations that led to his death.

Scorned, spurned and rejected by his peers, he fell deeper and deeper into his research, buying all kinds of curiosities from far-flung corners of the world to study. One such artefact was actually a piece of ancient alien technology, that reacted to his blood and transformed him into something more than human. Discovering that he was functionally immortal, Essex appropriated funds and built a lab deep underground, performing heinous experiments on the homeless and vagrants and undesirables before releasing them, tracking their movements and their offspring over the generations.

Whilst following his research and the family trees of his subjects, Essex managed to remain almost entirely oblivious to almost everything else happening in the world, and was apprehended by a group of heroes in the early 1970’s after a botched abduction of one of his experiment’s offspring. Fascinated by the changes in the world since his seclusion, as well as discovering his powers were far greater than he had realised, and was able to take down the heroes, fatally, with ease. Using the higher end technology of the heroes’ base, he constructed a mental interface to allow him to download information directly into his mind to get him up to date with the rest of the world— with disastrous side effects. The interface exploded and whilst his abilities meant that he couldn’t die, he awoke to find himself further transformed— now able to render himself entirely invisible or intangible, Essex rejoined the world, in his own inimitable way, as Sinister Spectre

Mister Sinister + Ghost = Sinister Spectre
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2018, 12:53

Sophie, Phoebe, Irma, Celeste and Esme Walker were discovered by a cell of Hydra who were intent on creating a small group of assassins to rival those of the Weapon project. HYDRA were delighted to discover that not only were the quintuplets possessed of a hive mind, but that they also displayed individual psionic gifts of their own.

Experimented upon, trained and mentally broken, each girl not only exhibit unique psychic abilities, but also a personality disorder to go along with their powers. Eventually leaving HYDRA (burning their former safe house to the ground in the progress), they now offer their services to the highest bidders as contract killers.

The Stepford Cuckoos+ Typhoid Mary= The Viruses

Sophie Walker is an illusionist, who suffers from delusions. Her chosen weapon is a hunting knife.
Phoebe Walker is a pyrokinetic who, surprisingly, suffers from pyromania. Her chosen weapon is a handgun.
Irma Walker has limited telekinetic abilities and suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder. Her chosen weapons are throwing knives, which she manipulates telekinetically.
Celeste Walker is able to plant hypnotic suggestions, and suffers from acute social anxiety. Her chosen weapon is a garrotte.
Esme Walker is an empath, yet suffers from sociopathy and is actually almost unable to process her own emotions. Her chosen weapon is any kind of poisoned blade.
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17529
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Oct 2018, 12:58

Gibbering Fool wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 05:18
Oh boy, I made it to my turn and the characters for my one good idea are still here! I'm hoping this one excites people and doesn't ruin any plans :D

Professor X and Ex Nihlo

Charles Xavier knew he was special from a young age. As a member of the Inmutant people he could read minds from since grade school, though he also lost his hair when his abilities first emerged. Fascinated by his heritage, he went on to study genetics at university, earning himself a PhD and becoming Professor Xavier. He travelled the world, meeting the inmutant royal family and learning more about his people. It was here at Attilosha he learned he was no mere Inmutant. Through their advanced technology, left over by the Kree'ar, he learned within his genetic code lay the programming of the Ex Nihilo. The ancient creators of the Kree'ar, and by extension the Inmutants, the Designers, created the Ex Nihilo to guide and develop their people into the next stages of their evolution.

This discovery unlocked a transformation in Charles; his skin turned golden, horns grew from the side of his head in the form of an X and an omega symbol formed on his forehead. He also lost the use of his legs due to the stress of the transformation, though the plethora of new abilities he gained, including telekinesis, energy manipulation and genetic modification made up for it. With his newfound role, Charles has taken many Inmutants under his wing, training such notable examples as Black Summer, The Angel of Vengeance, Chaos Raptor and Wonder Beast, amongst others.

And so Charles Xavier became...Professor Ex Nihilo

Note: the Designers are an amalgam of the Progenitors (creators of the Kree) and the Builders (creators of Ex Nihilo). Hopefully I've got the lore right that BC has been laying down. I struggled to remember the difference between inmutant and numutant so hopefully I've got that right. I took the liberty of declaring that Professor Ex Nihilo had trained several of the O5, but didn't go so far as to declare they were a team, in case that trampled over anyone else's lore.
Love it!!!!! If my picks remain, I’ll have the original 5 ready for him
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
Blackcyclops
Posts: 17529
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:03

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Blackcyclops » 17 Oct 2018, 12:59

Love it DAS!!!!!!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

User avatar
das_boot
Posts: 2707
Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 15:24

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by das_boot » 17 Oct 2018, 13:35

Blackcyclops wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 12:59
Love it DAS!!!!!!
Got to be honest— if it wasn’t for Anna stating that we could use all of the Cuckoos rather than just choosing one of them, I’d never have touched them but this idea just jumped right out at me as soon as he did.

Also, the character that wasn’t available for the Sinister warp for Hotknives pick would have been Morbius. I was going to make Sinister/Morbius a vampire who analysed the DNA of each of his victims and used that for his cloning experiments... but I’d shortlisted Ghost for an abandoned idea I had last round and he seemed to fit
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

User avatar
Spectral Knight
Posts: 949
Joined: 14 Apr 2007, 21:00

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Spectral Knight » 17 Oct 2018, 13:47

Love the Viruses. The Cuckoos were going to be one of my fall-backs (primarily for a really daft pun) for the next pick - but that idea is so much better...!
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

User avatar
EphemeristX
Posts: 4324
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 16:50
Contact:

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by EphemeristX » 17 Oct 2018, 14:32

I had an idea for the cuckoos that used a character that ended up getting taken before I could get around to them. And my impossible idea used Typhoid. Both awesome characters and a cool warp.
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

User avatar
MrFOOM
Posts: 240
Joined: 12 Sep 2017, 15:15

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by MrFOOM » 17 Oct 2018, 14:38

Oof, 5 Marys for the price of one? Hell yes.

And splitting the personalities and powers like that is PERFECT
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

Post Reply