Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
Anna Raven

Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Anna Raven » 20 Sep 2018, 00:06

Since the X-Editorial draft is coming to a close, I guess I can go ahead and start sign-ups for the Marvel "Warped" Draft. Coinciding nicely with the release of Soldier Supreme today, this will be a very different experience from previous drafts.

The idea will be to draft two characters at a time and "mix them" into one new character, keeping in mind their backstories and personalities. The goal is not to create the perfect team like in previous drafts, but rather is more an exercise in creating characters. Each new character you create will need the following:

1. A real name - such as "Roger Strange"
2. A superhero identity - such as "Soldier Supreme"
3. A one or two sentence "elevator pitch" of your character's powers and history. For example: Where did he come from, what can he do, and what are his goals and methods?

At the end of the draft if you want to write up full-paragraph backstories and lore about your new characters, go for it!

As for the rules of the draft, they will go as follows: Like all our previous drafts, I will randomize a draft order of the participants. We will take turns making picks and when you get to the end of the round, the last picker will pick again, and the picks will proceed in reverse order from the last round. Picker One will select first in round 1, and last in round 2. A typical "snake draft" format.

Here's where things begin to get interesting. I will divide the characters into 4 different "draft pools": Avengers, X-Men, Cosmic, and Rest of Marvel (ROM). Obviously Wolverine could fit into either X-Men or Avengers, but I will make the final choices about who goes where. When you make a pick, you will pick TWO characters at once, and they must come from different pools. Then, when you make your next pick, you must again pick two characters, this time from the two pools you neglected to pick from last time around.

So for example, if you picked a character from the Avengers and Cosmic pools in Round 1, you must make a pick from X-Men and ROM in round 2.

After you've made two picks in this manner the pools reset, and you can pick from any two pools again. So for example then in Round 3 you could pick from X-Men and Cosmic. But then in Round 4 you would need to pick from Avengers and ROM, and so on.

In the post where you make your picks, you should go ahead and give us the 3 basics of your character as listed above.

The final rule will be that you must create at least THREE villains out of your picks. I will leave it up to you whether you want to make a villain out of two villains, a hero and a villain, or even possibly two heroes, although in the third case you better have a pretty convincing reason why two heroes would merge to form a villain.

There will be no wild cards, loans, or steals in this draft because the rules are already pretty out there in the first place.

Following is the list of characters. By the end you will have EIGHT characters, broken down in the following way:

5 Heroes/3 Villains

I have included multiple characters who share the same name where appropriate. If you still have any questions about who certain characters are let me know. In general, as long as you are not stepping on the toes of another drafter, you may use an alternate version of a character. But if, for example, your pick includes Captain America, you should avoid using Falcon, Winter Soldier, USAgent, or Peggy Carter because those are all draftable characters.

If you are going to be absent for a couple days or more you can always PM me a shortlist of characters you are interested in and I will make sure you get one on your turn. Please try to get on every 2-3 days to take your turn and not hold up other players.

Enjoy!

Draft Order:
Blackcyclops
Bamf
Ev82
TokenBG1009
Spectral Knight
MartijnB
OffDaCheney
EphemeristX
Magik84
Cable
Gibbering Fool
Hotknives
Das_boot
Mr Foom
Wings

X-Men:
Angel
Anole
Apocalypse
Arcade
Armor
Avalanche
Banshee (Theresa)
Bastion
Beast
Bishop
Blink
Blob
Cable
Callisto
Cannonball
Captain Britain
Cassandra Nova
Chamber
Colossus
Cyclops
Danger
Dazzler
Deadpool
Domino
Donald Pierce
Doop
Dust
Elixir
Emma Frost
Eye Boy
Forge
Frenzy
Gambit
Goblyn Queen
Havok
Iceman
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Juggernaut
Kid Omega
Lady Deathstryke
Lady Mastermind
M
Magik
Magneto
Marrow
Mirage
Miss Sinister
Mojo
Mr. Sinister
Multiple Man
Mystique
Nightcrawler
Northstar
Omega Red
Oya
Pete Wisdom
Pixie
Polaris
Professor X
Psylocke
Puck
Pyro
Rachel Grey
Rockslide
Rogue
Sabretooth
Sasquatch
Sauron
Sebastian Shaw
Selene
Shadow King
Shadowcat
Shark Girl
Spiral
Stepford Cuckoos
Storm
Strong Guy
Sunspot
Surge
Toad
Warpath
Wolfsbane
Wolverine
X-23

Avengers:
Abomination
Absorbing Man
Abyss
Amadeus Cho
Ant-Man (Lang)
Ant-Man (Pym)
Ares
Baron Zemo
Black Knight
Black Panther
Black Widow
Blue Marvel
Captain America
Captain Marvel (Carol)
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Count Nefaria
Dora Milaje (pick one)
Dr. Druid
Enchantress
Ex Nihilo
Executioner
Falcon
Firestar
Ghost
Gorgon
Graviton
Grim Reaper
Hawkeye (Barton)
Hawkeye (Bishop)
Hela
Hellcat
Hercules
Hulk
Hulkling
Iron Man
Jack of Hearts
Jocasta
Justice
Kang
Klaw
Loki
Mach V
Malekith
Mandarin
Manifold
Miss America (Chavez)
Mockingbird
MODOK
Moonstone
Ms. Marvel (Kamala)
Namor
Nightmask
Pod
Protector
Quicksilver
Radioactive Man
Rage
Red Skull
Scarlet Witch
Sentry
She-Hulk
Singularity
Smasher
Songbird
Spectrum
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
Starbrand
Stingray
Thor (Foster)
Thor (Odinson)
Tigra
Titania
Ultron
USAgent
Valkyrie
Viper
Vision
War Machine
Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne)
Wiccan
Wonder Man
Wrecker
Yellowjacket

Cosmic:
Adam Warlock
Ahura
Air-Walker
Ajak
Angela
Annihilus
Artie Maddicks
Bentley
Beta Ray Bill
Black Bolt
Blastaar
Ch'od
Corsair
Cosmo
Crystal
Deathbird
Dr. Doom
Dragon Man
Drax
Ego
Fin Fang Foom
Firelord
Frank McGee
Franklin Richards
Galactus
Gamora
Gladiator
Gorgon
Groot
Hepzibah
Human Torch
Ikaris
Impossible Man
Inferno
Invisible Woman
Karnak
Korr, Mik, Tong, and Turg - pick one
Kristoff Von Doom
Lash
Leech
Lillandra
Lockjaw
Major Victory
Mantis
Maximus
Medusa
Moleman
Moondragon
Mr. Fantastic
Namorita
Nebula
Nova (Frankie Raye)
Nova (Richard Rider)
Nova (Sam Alexander)
Odin
Onome
Ord of Breakworld
Puppet Master
Quasar
Raza
Reader
Rocket Raccoon
Ronan
Sersi
She-Thing
Sif
Silver Surfer
Starlord
Super Skrull
Supreme Intellegence
Terrax
Thanos
The Beyonder
The Collector
The Grandmaster
The Magus
Thena
Thing
Triton
Valeria Richards
Vil and Wu - pick one
Vulcan
Wizard
Yondu
Zero G

Rest of Marvel (ROM):
Agent Venom
Arsenic
Baron Mordo
Black Cat
Blackheart
Blade
Bruiser
Bullseye
Cloak
Colleen Wing
Constrictor
Dagger
Daredevil
Deathlok
Diamondback (Leighton)
Doc Samson
Dormammu
Dr. Octopus
Dr. Strange
Dr. Voodoo
Dum Dum Dugan
Echo
Electro
Elektra
Ghost Rider (Johnny)
Ghost Rider (Robbie)
Green Goblin
Gwenpool
Hannibal King
Howard the Duck
Hyperion
Iron Fist
Jack O Lantern
Jessica Jones
Jimmy Woo
Ka-Zar
Kingpin
Kraven
Lightspeed
Living Laser
Lucy in the Sky
Luke Cage
Madame Masque
Man-Thing
Maria Hill
Mary Jane Watson
Mephisto
Misty Knight
Moon Knight
Mr. Negative
Mysterio
Nick Fury
Night Nurse
Nighthawk
Paladin
Peggy Carter
Pepper Potts
Phil Coulson
Punisher
Purple Man
Quake
Rhino
Scorpion
Shang Chi
Shanna
Sharon Carter
Shuma Gorath
Sister Grimm
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man (Morales)
Spider-Man (Parker)
Spider-Woman (Carpenter)
Squirrel Girl
Steel Serpent
Talkback
Taskmaster
The Hood
Tombstone
Typhoid Mary
Venom
Victor Mancha
Vulture
White Tiger (Ava)
Winter Soldier
Zabu
Last edited by Anna Raven on 07 Nov 2018, 00:02, edited 98 times in total.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Blackcyclops

Re: Marvel: "Warped" Draft

Post by Blackcyclops » 20 Sep 2018, 00:18

Hell YES!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

ev82

Post by ev82 » 20 Sep 2018, 00:20

in.
X-Men Editorial Draft
X-Men: Magik|Cannonball|Psylocke|Thunderbird II|Gentile|Petra
All New X-Factor: Havok|Frenzy|Forge|Sunfire|Bloodstorm(Mutant X)|Wild Child|Cipher

OffDaCheney

Post by OffDaCheney » 20 Sep 2018, 00:59

sign me up please
"Who X's the X-Men?"

Draft Teams: X-Men "The X-Defenders", Exiles "The Ubiquitous Undecate", GotG "The Defenders of Deep Space"

MrFOOM

Post by MrFOOM » 20 Sep 2018, 04:10

This will be interesting.
I'm in.
Fantasy Draft: Doctor Strange, Hulk, Namor, Venom, Mr. Immortal (off), Professor X, Old Man Logan, Honey Badger, Mary Jane Watson, Thanos, Cosmic Ghost Rider (on).

tokenBG1009

Post by tokenBG1009 » 20 Sep 2018, 05:28

Yup
A League of Their Own!

I wish I could write fanfiction...

MartijnB

Post by MartijnB » 20 Sep 2018, 09:53

iiiin

Wings

Post by Wings » 20 Sep 2018, 10:39

This sounds like so much fun, I am in
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

hotknives

Post by hotknives » 20 Sep 2018, 10:52

Hell Yes! I'm in
Uncanny Avengers Draft
1. Emma Frost
2. Wiccan
3. Magneto
4. Iron Fist
5. Dr Nemesis
6. Elixir
7. Ares
8.Mercury
9.Hellstorm

bamf

Post by bamf » 20 Sep 2018, 12:52

Super in
MFL: Captain America, Iron Man, Storm, Daredevil, Nightcrawler, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Iron Fist

X-Editorial: Angel, Sunspot, Monet, Karma, Colossus, Lila Cheney, Aurora, Captain Marvel, Magma, Box, Triage, Hindsight, Sydren

Cable

Post by Cable » 20 Sep 2018, 12:54

I will try it
Rank your favorite characters in the X-Men Character Sorter! Share your results!

"If life were a picnic, you'd be a family. Since life is war, you're soldiers. You'd do well to start accepting that fact."--Nathan Summers

WorldWideWade

Post by WorldWideWade » 20 Sep 2018, 19:22

I'm going to be super busy over next month so I think I'll take a break from drafts for a bit. I'm super interested to see what everyone comes up with though.
Current Pull List
Uncanny X-men, Iceman, Mr & Mrs X, Runaways, West Coast Avengers, Champions, Ms Marvel, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four

Gibbering Fool

Post by Gibbering Fool » 21 Sep 2018, 07:34

I'm in!

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 21 Sep 2018, 08:55

Definitely in!

Can someone who's good at real art (I'm alright at Photoshop but not at all confident in drawing from scratch) volunteer to do character concepts please - happy to do the colours though :D

Otherwise, I might use heromachine :lol:
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

Wings

Post by Wings » 21 Sep 2018, 12:46

Spectral Knight wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 08:55
Definitely in!

Can someone who's good at real art (I'm alright at Photoshop but not at all confident in drawing from scratch) volunteer to do character concepts please - happy to do the colours though :D

I might try my hand at drawing my characters but I haven't drawn in ages so I don't if I'll be able to classify them as real art :lol:
Sign-ups for Betrayal Game 76: Murder in Manhattan now open! Help Jessica Jones solve the unexplained murder of a group of super-villains! Link to the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=169031#p169031

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Sep 2018, 13:23

IN IN IN IN IN IN
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Magik84

Post by Magik84 » 21 Sep 2018, 14:33

Sounds like more planning than previous drafts, but interesting idea. I'll give it a try :)
X-Editorial Draft: Prodigy, Vange Whedon, lil' Iceman, Wallflower, Cecelia Reyes, Mimic, U-Go Girl, Doc Samson, Nature Girl

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 Sep 2018, 15:05

Spectral Knight wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 08:55
Definitely in!

So I could do this, but I'll be busy running the draft itself, plus I've got a lot of real life stuff on my plate so I make no promises. :) What I might do though SK, is pick out my favorite concept from each round and do a sketch of them.
Editorial Draft Results: Rogue | Magneto | Mystique | Sabretooth | Madelyn Prior | Lady Deathstrike | Blink | Peggy Carter | Vanisher | Dead Girl | Jimmy Hudson | Wither | Guardian

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 21 Sep 2018, 16:19

Wings - really keen to see your picks :D

Anna - that's quite a nice little incentive for us all to pick well every round...!
X-Editorial:
X-Nation: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Meggan, Toad, Motormouth, Micromax, Pete Wisdom
Uncanny X-Force: Psylocke, Siryn, Fantomex, Warpath, Maverick, Vindicator, Caliban, Omega Red, Pete Wisdom

EphemeristX

Post by EphemeristX » 21 Sep 2018, 19:26

Shit. Well, I have one really cool idea but no others. I in, but if I don't get it, I'm still making it, dammit. It just... won't be in my draft. *ahem*
http://dancehall-daze.tumblr.com

"Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears"

Blackcyclops

Post by Blackcyclops » 21 Sep 2018, 20:21

I just read Soldier Supreme and it was Awesome! Bucky wong, Dum dum fury, Nightmare Modok, and Res Dormammu? This draft is going to be amazing!
I'm Team Remender, Waid, Hickman and Gillen

My X-Men Draft Picks:
Prof. X, Legion, Polaris, Quicksilver, Meggan, Deadpool, Pixie, and Danger

Jazzkantine

Post by Jazzkantine » 21 Sep 2018, 20:52

I am not participating in this one but could someone merge Battlestar and Galactus? :mrgreen: :lol:

Anna Raven

Post by Anna Raven » 21 Sep 2018, 22:16

We could probably cap out at 20, but 15 is fine too. I will leave the draft open to enter over the weekend or until we get to 20. Then we'll get started on Monday.

das_boot

Post by das_boot » 21 Sep 2018, 23:32

I’m so freaking excited for this. We have some wonderfully creative folk in these forums and this feels VERY reminiscent of the Gene Game from waaaaaaaay back when
Marvel Fantasy League Team: Laura Kinney, James Howlett, Domino, Luke Cage, Magik, Black Bolt, Sentry, Dazzler, Nick Fury, Dazzler, Hawkeye (not the Hawkguy)

Spectral Knight

Post by Spectral Knight » 22 Sep 2018, 02:17

das_boot wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 23:32
I’m so freaking excited for this. We have some wonderfully creative folk in these forums and this feels VERY reminiscent of the Gene Game from waaaaaaaay back when
Do you know I was thinking that earlier! Remember there were some great concepts for that albeit I arrived to the forums after it'd concluded. Remember Clay (that was his name I think...?) put together some great visuals. Looks like the archive's gone though, or at least I couldn't find it .
X-Editorial: