Welcome to unstablemolecules.com, the discussion home for mightyavengers.net, uncanon.com and uncannyxmen.net!

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Level 08: If you want to converse about anything Marvel related like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers charter then try this level.
Binaryan

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Binaryan » 05 Oct 2011, 14:47

This post was inspired by a recent thread about all the fresh younger characters running around the Marvel Universe these days.  Back when the original NEW WARRIORS debuted, they were a mismatched group of young heroes from different backgrounds who were floating around the Marvel Universe with no home but lots of potential.  Using the formula below, create a new team of NEW WARRIORS in this tradition:1) A character from NEW X-MEN2) A Young Avenger3) A Runaway4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative5) A character from Avengers Academy6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero (ie.  Spider-Girl, She-Hulk, Thor-Girl, etc.)

Blackcyclops

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Blackcyclops » 05 Oct 2011, 15:17

1) Match- Because he's not that exciting on the New X-Men

2) Speed- Because I like his character and he can pull double duty.

3) Chase- With the entire team popping up every where I think Chase as the impetus for starting this team would be cool.

4) Cloud 9- She's a reluctant hero but a great character.

5) Veil- I think it fits.

6) Ink- I know he's hated but tone him down with just having the remaining powers, no phoenix abilities and he could be made to work.

7) Toro- Since Nomad is gone he could find a place here.

8) Sensational She-Hulk- I would love to see her interact with more young characters.

This team isn't that powerful but I think it's an eclectic batch of characters. And to be honest, outside the Exiles idea, this is probably the most original one we've done in a long time. Great job Binaryan.

I would love to see the scene where the members of the team come together leaving their previous teams (not permanently for all). Speed zipping away while Wiccan is watching TV with Teddy. Match leaving the X-Mansion as Wolverine leaves to do Avengers stuff. Ink getting picked up from San Francisco by Chase. Cloud 9 and Veil being roommates and just flying to the meet-up. Toro leaving school to go to the meet-up. And She-Hulk being teleported in by Portal. I'll probably do another one later.

UncannyScott

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by UncannyScott » 05 Oct 2011, 15:40

1. Progidy - His tie to mutants is gone with his powers, and while its noble he stays to stand by them, he's very underused and could do more good as a hero outside the X-Men using all that knowledge in his brain.

2. Patriot - Would fit that grim leader role that Night Thrasher once held, and lately he doesn't fit with the YA as much as they all are relying on their emotions over logic and what would be better for the world.

3. Sister Grimm - Getting some magic for the team. A magician is always good to have on hand.

4. Gravity - It's time for Gravity to do more things than just minis and some appearances. The character was created to be the new generations Spider-Man and be the everyman hero. Now is his chance.

5. Mettle - I'm liking this character and how even though he looks the way he does he still cares about others and has a heart through it all.

6. Cipher - While the way she was shoehorned in sucked, she does have an interesting ability and perspective on things.

7. Firestar - That way you have someone from the old team there and I want to see the relationship between her and Gravity explored more.

8. Thor-Girl - I've found a real affinity for this character lately and want to see more of her around the Marvel Universe.

A nice bunch of older and newer characters coming together and making something and trying to make the world a better place.

Blackcyclops

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Blackcyclops » 05 Oct 2011, 16:46

UncannyScott unknowingly created the "Blackest" superhero team since The Crew...the series wouldn't last 3 issues LOL

Mighty Marshal

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Mighty Marshal » 05 Oct 2011, 17:48

1. A character from NEW X-MEN: Loa - She has a tie not only to the X-Men, but also to Atlantis now, which would give the writers a lot to work with. Plus that little working with the new Defenders gig she got. She's growing as a character, and deserves some more attention than just a sidekick thrown in to random plots.

2. A Young Avenger: Speed - BC's reasoning makes perfect sense. He could easily work on both teams at different times.

3. A Runaway: Victor Mancha - He's a cyborg created to be a villain that turned good, and I really like him. That's my only arguement.

4. A character from Avengers: The Initiative: Amadeus Cho - I know I'm bending rules here, but he was technically part of the Avengers during the 50 State Initiative. I'd like to see him as the leader of the team, or at least the tactician.

5. A character from Avengers Academy: Striker - He's a total fame whore, so it'd be an easy choice for him to join a new superhero team so he could snatch some spotlight.

6. A character from YOUNG X-MEN: Anole - Everyone loves him, but he doesn't get much action. I could definitely see him finally just getting pissed and saying that they made him train on a training squad, they pushed him to become a New X-Man, he lived through the whole New X-Men debacle and now they just want to sideline him.

7. A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies: Gravity - Like Scottie said, he was meant to be the next generation of Spiderman, and he really never gets any good action. I like him, and I'd like to see him in a legitimate role on a team where he can see some character growth.

8. A character that is the offspring, sidekic, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero: Spider-Girl - I'm still not sure I like the whole Spider-Girl name over Arana as a name, but I still love the character. She has ties to a lot of Marvel characters, so I think she's a good decision.

That was a toughie. I think I changed each slot at least twice before I settled. Great concept, Binaryan.Mighty Marshal2011-10-05 17:49:15

Binaryan

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Binaryan » 05 Oct 2011, 18:06

Alrightee... here's my take:1) ANOLE - After the X-Dudes story, he seems ready to bust out.2) SPEED - He seems like the one least likely to stick around... or most likely to leave in a huff.3) KLARA PRAST - Where did she disappear to?  Interesting power and backstory.  Plus the easiest Runaway to pry away without disrupting the team.  I'd age her a wee bit to be earlier teens and ready for a more super-heroic role.4) TRAUMA  - He's got a very different vibe from the other characters that emerged from this team and his ties to Nightmare provide some nice story potential.5) VEIL- Of all the characters on this book, she seemed the most likely to become a hero besides Reptil.6) ROCKSLIDE - He and Anole just have such a great dynamic it's hard to separate the two... plus I still need a powerhouse.7) GRAVITY - Much as I love Anole & Rockslide, neither fill the traditional "male lead" category.  Gravity has soooo much potential and reminds me of a young Justice.8) BLACK PANTHER - Not T'Challa but his younger sister Shuri...  when he inevitably reclaims the throne and his title as Black Panther, it'd be great to see her stateside creating her own identity.As I was writing this,  I also started to think about all the characters from Loners, Power Pack, NYX, etc. that are also unused... so many great characters to explore and we're stuck with 17 Deadpool books *sigh*

Binaryan2011-10-05 18:22:25

Gibbering Fool

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Gibbering Fool » 06 Oct 2011, 06:11

1) ELIXIR - We hadn't seen anything of him since Necrosha. I could see him joinging the team, after becoming disenfranchised with the X-men.2) IRON LAD - He hasn't really spent much time with the rest of the Young Avengers, so I could see him joining another team. Heck, I could see him forming the New Warriors, perhaps to stop something in the future.3) KAROLINA DEAN - visually she's interesting, plus she's a strong female with co-leader potential.4) TRAUMA - He's got a cool power, his his parentage adds to what makes him interesting.5) REPTIL- Because I like dinosaurs! Plus, he's a good guy and half the AA are dicks. Kick em to the curb and join some real heroes I say.6) CIPHER - I have need a stealth person on the team. Plus, someone really needs to do something with her.7) SPIDER-GIRL - I was going to say Gravity, but we have enough male leader types on the team already. 8) SKAAR - The team needs some brute strength. Plus, Skaar is actually a kid that can pass as an adult, so he's like a homage for Rage.

Blackcyclops

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Oct 2011, 11:01

People read Deadpool...apparently no one liked Young Allies, NYX, or Loners LOL...

0XxAngelxX0

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by 0XxAngelxX0 » 06 Oct 2011, 11:08

1) Anole - He's a great character with a heroic personality.  Love the chemistry with Rockslide and is good for stealth. Definitely my leader.2) Vision - The only Young Avenger that never really fit right to me, great to have a robot (synthezoid...whatever)3) Sister Grimm - Needed a magic wielder, love her look and attitude.4) Cloud 9 - Reluctant hero, interesting power, all of the other Initiative people felt kind of redundant here.5) Finesse - LOVE her. (That is all)6) Rockslide - Great chemistry with Anole, desperate for a chance to be a hero, comic relief and power house.7) Tempest - Like the power set, interesting to have a depowered mutant here, was looking for a decent energy wielder.8) Scarlet Spider - The last surviving clone of MVP in the Iron Spidey suit, could have interesting interactions with Cloud 9, not sure why I have an affinity for him

UncannyScott

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by UncannyScott » 06 Oct 2011, 11:29

Got some Gravity love going it seems lol.

And I didn't even realize it till you said it BC I did create a pretty black team lol. Its time for such a series!!! I say it gets eight issues then bumped up to ongoing just cause the characters are cool lol.

And as for Loners, NYX, Young Allies and the other youth titles...just cause they ended doesn't mean they weren't liked by people. We've all discussed it before about other reasons the new titles don't last and sadly Deadpool is more of a sure bet if you want to buy a title that will last in double digit numbers and be supported by most of the company.

Blackcyclops

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Blackcyclops » 06 Oct 2011, 11:45

[QUOTE=UncannyScott] Got some Gravity love going it seems lol.

And I didn't even realize it till you said it BC I did create a pretty black team lol. Its time for such a series!!! I say it gets eight issues then bumped up to ongoing just cause the characters are cool lol.

And as for Loners, NYX, Young Allies and the other youth titles...just cause they ended doesn't mean they weren't liked by people. We've all discussed it before about other reasons the new titles don't last and sadly Deadpool is more of a sure bet if you want to buy a title that will last in double digit numbers and be supported by most of the company. [/QUOTE]

IDK, people liked Runaways just never exploded...Young Avengers are insanely popular. New X-Men are popular with X-Fans (who apparently are the most rabid of fans...i'm insulted LOL). And I'm a fan of the Young Allies but the book wasn't even popular on this forum and we usually like the underdogs. Same with the Loners...I can swallow that reality LOL

edit:

1. Esme- Just because

2. Patriot- I like the idea of him splintering off...

3. Victor- I like his power and he would be a nice foil for some other additions.

4. Batwing- Because it would be interesting to see his character developed.

5. Veil- I just like the idea of her here.

6. Cipher

7. Gravity- Him and Patriot butting heads on leadership would be great.

8. Scarlet Spider- Because every team needs a Spider-ManBlackcyclops2011-10-06 12:01:22

Charles

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Charles » 06 Oct 2011, 12:34

Dark New Warriors

1) Hellion

2) Speed

3) Alex Wilder

4) Komodo

5) Veil

6) Ink

7) Toro

8) Midnight (Mind Restored)

Gremlin

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Gremlin » 06 Oct 2011, 13:28

1) Loa - She has always been a background character for New XMen, always being over shadowed by the likes of Dust, Surge and Pixie. Yet she has a great powerset and now the water based powers add to that. While many of thr other members of New xmen can be upgraded to the big teams I wouldn't think anyone would notice or care if Loa went her own way.2) Hawkeye - Like Loa, Hawkeye is often overshadowed by the likes of Wiccan and Hulkling. Having her break away from the team would have her come out the shadow. I know they made a big deal about her name but I honestly think she should drop it and get her own. Keeping Hawkeye doesn't dispel the misconception that she is just a cheap knock-off of the much more famous version.3) Nico - Not that clued up on these guys but having a goth magic-chick around is always useful. She led a team before and her links to the magics make her a great resource.4) Trauma - A bit of a screwed up kid but his powers are very similar to Mirage's original ones. Another character who tip-toes on the supernatural side of the MU he opens up the door to a lot more magic and horror style stories. 5) Veil - Not read this but based on character visuals Veil is a great one. Her powers seem useful.6) Blindfold - The good thing at having a precog in a title is that a lot of long arcs can be hinted at and planned out based on her visions. 7) Gravity - Useful power and adds more testosterone to the team. 8) Patriot - Great leader for the team.

UncannyScott

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by UncannyScott » 06 Oct 2011, 13:33

1) A character from NEW X-MEN: Rockslide, as every team needs the joker/smartass character, and he can be the team muscle too.

2) A Young Avenger: Stature. Great power and needs some time away from just trying to grow up to be her father with the Avengers.

3) A Runaway: Princess Powerful - Just cause Molly rocks

4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative: Boulder/Butterball, cause he was cool and its nice to see characters that aren't the usual sticks or body builders

5) A character from Avengers Academy: Veil - As she'd have an easier time being heroic without the whole premise of the Academy hanging over her

6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN: Ink, he could be done well if not used as the Deus Ex all the time

7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies: Gravity, just cause I won't let go how great a character he can be lol

8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero (ie. Spider-Girl, She-Hulk, Thor-Girl, etc.): She-Hulk, Bruce's daughter. She needs some more exposure.

Kipe

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Kipe » 07 Oct 2011, 02:07

1) A character from NEW X-MEN Prodigy, strategy, technology, co-leader2) A Young Avenger Wiccan, magic user, wild card3) A Runaway Molly Hayes, powerhouse, humor4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative Komodo, brains, training, flirt5) A character from Avengers Academy Finesse, brains, intel, lethal, cold bitch, foil for Prodigy6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN Dust, powerhouse, 7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies Nomad Captain America training, efficiency with weapons, leader8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero (ie.  Spider-Girl, She-Hulk, Thor-Girl, etc.) Hulkling, powerhouse, shape-shifter, stealth, alien heritage

The team focuses on social justice issues and taking out Villian companies, labs, tech-devlopment, and worker exploitation. They are recruited by Spiderman and funded by Steve Rodgers.

tathunen

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by tathunen » 10 Oct 2011, 14:01

1) A character from NEW X-MEN: Greymalkin2) A Young Avenger: Wiccan3) A Runaway: Victor Mancha4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative: Cloud 95) A character from Avengers Academy: Reptil6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN: Dust7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies: Firestar (leader)8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero (ie. Spider-Girl, She-Hulk, Thor-Girl, etc.) Speed
tathunen2011-10-10 14:05:25

Mighty Marshal

Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Mighty Marshal » 17 Oct 2011, 11:09

1) A character from NEW X-MEN: Prodigy - As much as I wish they'd make him an actual X-Man, I don't think it'd happen. He's got all of the knowledge and experience of all of the X-Men he ran into, Limitless style, but he gets sidelined because he's 'just a human'. He should be leading this team in a Cyclops-style role.

2) A Young Avenger: Hulkling - I may be the only one, but I'd like to see him distanced a bit from Wiccan so the two are less reliant on one another and become more independent. Plus, he brings in all of that space drama.

3) A Runaway: Sister Grimm - I could see the Runaways eventually falling apart, it's been pretty rough lately, and Nico choosing to keep up her gig despite initially hating the idea of being a 'super hero'. Plus, magic adventures are always fun, and Nico is one of the cooler magic users.

4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative: Komodo - I was hesitant to include her for aesthetic reasons (two green people on one team) but I like the character, and I like the juxtaposition of her and Prodigy.

5) A character from Avengers Academy: Veil - She's cool, and the team working together to save her after she spends time trying to hide her declining status from them adds an interesting plot.

6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN: Graymalkin - He's got the historical spin that adds some interest, and I think he has potential despite coming from an awful series.

7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies: Gravity - He's a strong male 'superhero' type that's missing from the team.

8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero: Speed - I like him being there with Hulkling while Wiccan is doing whatever he's doing.

Holland Oates

Re: Make a NEW WARRIORS Team

Post by Holland Oates » 27 Feb 2021, 15:35

I'm bored. This idea is no longer possible. But I was very excited for Kevin Grevioux's new warriors run. It didn't quite meet my expectations. But a lot of that was editor interference. Anyways...I would have a lot of the team die in the Nitro explosion. But it wouldn't have been Dwayne beneath the mask. Behind the scenes, he was repairing his relationship with his brother, Donyell. He would have let Don be Night Thrasher for the NW reality show. Don's death would have impacted Dwayne enough that he'd temporarily give up costumed vigilantism and focus on his family's business. But donyell was a mutant. The guilt over his brother's death would lead to him funding a new New Warriors team composed of depowered Mutants. The idea was proposed to him by new employee, David Alleyne. They'd all get new costumed identities and mechanically-assisted power sets of their own.

Night Thrasher (David Alleyne - but more Machiavellian than usual)

Wondra (Sofia Mantegna - the character who often stands in for the audience - essential in helping David wrangle this team of loners and recently traumatized former mutants)

Decibel (Nils Styger/formerly Abyss. His age was never established. For the purposes of this story, he would be a peer of the others but the oldest of the group)

Miranda Leevald (aka Stacy X)

Dallas Gibson (formerly Specter)

Lazaro Kotikash (formerly Kidogo)

And a few new characters who were Mutants with no affiliation to the x-men. They would be the type of characters that the mutant liberation front would have recruited. I feel like their costumes should somewhat resemble modified versions of the original new warriors characters or even someone like Turbo. A lot of their tech was confiscated from past superhuman skirmishes.

sambadaemon

Post by sambadaemon » 04 Mar 2021, 14:34

UncannyScott wrote:
06 Oct 2011, 13:33
1) A character from NEW X-MEN: Rockslide, as every team needs the joker/smartass character, and he can be the team muscle too.

2) A Young Avenger: Stature. Great power and needs some time away from just trying to grow up to be her father with the Avengers.

3) A Runaway: Princess Powerful - Just cause Molly rocks

4) A character from Avengers: The Initiative: Boulder/Butterball, cause he was cool and its nice to see characters that aren't the usual sticks or body builders

5) A character from Avengers Academy: Veil - As she'd have an easier time being heroic without the whole premise of the Academy hanging over her

6) A character from YOUNG X-MEN: Ink, he could be done well if not used as the Deus Ex all the time

7) A character from the Teen Brigade or Young Allies: Gravity, just cause I won't let go how great a character he can be lol

8) A character that is the offspring, sidekick, or spin-off of a major Marvel hero (ie. Spider-Girl, She-Hulk, Thor-Girl, etc.): She-Hulk, Bruce's daughter. She needs some more exposure.
I'd agree with this completely except that I'd replace Rockslide with either Elixir or Pixie for the utility (healer/teleporter). Molly can easily be the muscle/joker.

Hephaestion

Post by Hephaestion » 14 Mar 2021, 04:46

Wind Dancer (New X-Men)
Patriot (Young Avengers)
Nico Minoru (Runaways)
Kate Bishop (The Initiative)*
Coat of Arms (Avengers Academy)*
Anole (Young X-Men)
Ultimate Nullifier (Teen Brigade / Young Allies)^
Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon, Spin-Off)

*I'm sort of cheating because I hated the new characters in this series.
^Deep cut, but I was very sad to not choose El Toro

I also really want someone like Blindspot, Nova (Anwen Bakian), and Robbie Reyes to have a spot on a 'teen' team.